Is mining dead? - Page 16 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
loser

Is mining dead?

Mining is already dead for individulals mostly because of the electricity costs. We know that big companies uses mining because they don't have such problems like electricity costs. Also, energy problems asides, getting a mining rig would not be easy for everyone. Even if you get the mining rig, I don't think you would profit at all because mining BTC, ETH or any valuable coin isn't easy. You would mine some altcoins though, but as a lot of people mentioned, the energy consumption would be higher than what you mine. 

Bitcoin at some point lost its value but right now everyone sees and understands how important it is and wants to join the platform. This is the same with mining it's going through a phase of hard times but trust me as cryoto grows soon its value will return.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:23 PM, Mahmod aljarah said:

Mining is created for Bitcoin only .. The fastest profit operations come from Bitcoin, when you mine Bitcoin, the profits are worth the effort. What you do is unlike the rest of the currencies that are not worth .. So I advise you to mine Bitcoin only ... You will reap huge profits if you are smart.

Mining is not only created for bitcoin, but it is the first of the kind, the are many other cryptocurrencies that make use of mining. 

Mining is not dead at all, because people still mine and because  more people are joining to mine, that means bitcoin mining is profitable. 

• +2 1

If it is not dead now i will be dead soon , there are around four million Bitcoins that are not mined yet , and in fact it is not a big number, and it will not take that many years to be mined fully , but there have been many sites and applications that are deceiving people and promising them of profit, sooner or later people will be aware of such schemes and avoid getting involved in mining.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Mining will never be dead, it is true that lately many currencies do not need this type of system to enter the market and be distributed, however, from my point of view, mining is essential not only to extract coins, but to process transactions and keep the network stable.

My dear friend Mining is not dead. It is very popular  so it is difficult to mine it . We now need a very heavy machine to mine bitcoins. Nowadays it is difficult to mine it, but not impossible 

in 2019 it was still a bit profitable but  that changed fast and now you rarely find anyone head to mining  because the profits are low compared to the price we have to pay to keep it working , at the current time trading is much better than mining and it's the main way for earning now

• +2 1

With the fall in cryptocurrency prices I believe that a lot of miners have stopped mining because it has not been profitable for them, but there are definitely some miners, at least the developers are still mining to keep the network operative.

This is a very funny question, is mining dead when people are increasing in mining bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies. Without mining some coins can not be generated, like bitcoin for example. As long as bitcoin is existing, it will be mined. 

Not yet, if you have a commuter of great efficiency they you can still mine crypto but mining for leading coins like BTC is not so easy because of their demands and price. But if you are new they you should try those currencies which are easy to mine

Mining is not dead, mining is still existing, miners mining is the reason for continues supply of coins. This is how cryptocurrencies  is operating, without mining, it will be difficult unless new algorithm is used and the old ones is completely changed, but as for now, cryptocurrencies makes use of mining. 

On 10/19/2019 at 1:36 PM, mostawda3 said:

Cryptocurrency mining has big problems and losses a lot of times, but we can't folk that mining is dead, it is still developing and will be better in the future (not better than 2017 Haha)

I think the manufactures that's are creating the mining machines they must integrate the machine that's are using low energy cost but having high power of mining.

• +2 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

It is difficult to get profit from mining.  This is not comparable to the cost of electricity and hardware maintenance.  Bitcoin, Etherium and all the big coins are very hard to dig now.  So many people are now digging something that is not profitable. I think the difficulty is getting bigger with the big mining companies in the market, it has become almost impossible with desktop computers.  However, it is still possible to go for alternative weightcoin, who knows so you will not be able to make more profit in the future. Thanks guys.

Bitcoin mining is not dead yet but it is much lower than before. It does not pay as much as we used to and now it is not possible to say what will happen in the future but hopefully it will return to its previous form. But I think cloud mining and browser mining are still in a good position.

I would say that if you have a free electricity, the only bad thing about mining is that you really spend a lot of money on electricity, so if you have free electricity, mining will be profitable for you.  But if you want to make more profit, these bitcoins are your trade to me.  Mining difficulties are also decreasing.  Which means there should be a good profit, especially for wetcoin mining like LTC.  I think and the weights sold last year are going $ 26- $ 30 happily and have seen 5x in the months that followed.  I see the same thing happen.  When it comes to BTC mining.  The energy required to generate any meaningful amount makes it difficult for the average person to mine.  But the United States is investing heavily in what will become the largest mining farm.  So if they think they can pay for it, we can take it away from the dead.

XIM MR (Moniro) is not yet making any IM8 Dow with Assis through mining. You need some technical knowledge to choose the right currencyMining can’t be dead or die anytime soon because the level of market flow is a testament to the fact that currencies like bitcoin, etherium and litcoin have produced crops of lucky minerals over timeJust because some coins have not been mined does not mean that the mint is dead. People don't dig for worthless coins, they dig for coins like bitcoin which bring big value and profit

11 hours ago, Jessica Ruth said:

11 hours ago, Jessica Ruth said:

The mining process will not die as long as the coins still active and have the potential to increase. You can see that many altcoins still being mined by many people because they believe that it is only a matter of time for the coin to get rise again.

@Jessica Ruth You are right and deserves good reputation, but that said, also it is amazing that last year mining really saw maximum growth, like bitcoin the hashes generated reach all time high, and that is how it has been. And with the look of things, if the price of a coin is increasing, also more people will look into mining which can lead to all time high hashes generated. 

Edited by JanBomCrypto

Mining remains not dead but active, even 2020 was the year more people join to mine, especially bitcoin. Mining is not dead at all. But some people will do mining wrongly and become not profotable for such people but there are people that do it and gain from it. 

Pretty much. At least for the home miners because they can't afford cheap electricity like the big enterprises. Mining is all about getting the cheapest electricity. Other stuff like cooling, storing, mainteaning etc everybody can do these. Getting the cheap energy is the hardest part.

Mining is not dead, but until mining is profitable, you must choose good currencies for mining like bitcoin. Despite the mining costs, bitcoin mining is still profitable by purchasing special mining equipment.

No doubt crypto currency mining has suffered alot of loses. But saying that crypto mining is dead and no more is so early. Time changes and things changes this is all matter of the business. I will never say that mining is dead now. 

Mining at the early days of crypto currency was very profitable , there were so man coins waiting to be mined and very little number of miners, so the made some good profit, now it is not the same case, things have changes and most of the available Bitcoins are already mined which makes it very difficult for the rest of them to be mined, that is not to mention the huge expense of the mining equipment. I advise you to search for another way to earn crypto. 

• +3 1

Well dear mate there are several cryptocurrency which are not mined. So we can say that yes mining is dead because everyone wants profit in a short time but mining takes almost 3years to give you profit. 

Yes my friend, you need to work regularly in crypto forums.  In the event that excavation is impossible, how will the exchange be prepared at that time?  In fact mining has died as a result of low compensation per hour and power costs are exorbitant.  I also thought too much about the prospect of complimentary mining on Android, yet people here don’t recommend that it’s futile.  Mining will die if you don't work properly.