2fa is must? - Page 6 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Ch Ayyan

2fa is must?

On 4/23/2020 at 11:17 PM, Ch Ayyan said:

Hi friend I want to know that there is any risk  in using  yobit without   2fa security. Are you using without  2fa or  You have activated  2 2fa  security. 

I think enabling 2FA it's really important especially in the websites where you have/deposit money given that it is an extra layer of security for your account, without it your account is more vulnerable to hackers, so if you are using Yobit to trade I would recommend activating it, even tough it is a really secure platform but you never know

I don't think so it will give you any problem, because  yobit security is so hard, every time you login through different ip it will send you verification code to your email ! Without confirming it you can't login ! So i don't think you should need to activate you 2fa! But if you want more security then yes you should activate it

Well it should. I have activated it, not only in my Yobit account, in the accounts of the exchanges that I manage, I have 2FA activated because it seems to me a very high risk not to have it. If my coin balances disappear, it may be because the website was hacked and not my account directly. :classic_wink:

I use 2fa on the Yobit exchange.Thanks to this,I feel safe.I also use mail confirmation openly in withdrawals.We must always take our own security measures.After all,there is no security like 2fa in Dex exchanges.You are completely responsible for your own security dex in the stock exchanges.

Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an added layer of security that requires a user to submit an additional authentication factor along with their username and password. To date, the use of 2FA to protect systems is not mandatory for every industry.

My opinion is that any security method that makes it more difficult for hackers to take our coins, is worth activating. It is never too much to place an additional layer of security like that double factor of security.

On 23/4/2020 at 23:17, Ch Ayyan said:

Hola amigo, quiero saber que existe algún riesgo al usar yobit sin la seguridad 2fa. ¿Está utilizando sin 2fa o ha activado la seguridad 2 2fa? 

Hi friend. There is Exchange that only reminds you, others require it from the beginning, others require it to access permissions in the number of daily transactions, I think the 2FA is very useful, and important, you must have your secret key well organized and sheltered!

If you have habit of missing something then it would be best to save all your keys on a note, so you must connect it then your account will be safe

Я могу использовать yobit без использования 2fa, хотя это и хорошо. однако угроза безопасности существует.

This security is always important, not only on the Yobit platform, in any account where you have money, you must activate it, since that allows you that in case of theft of your password they cannot easily enter it, since if you have it active they must have the code that they send you to a device that you have linked.

2 factor Authentication is now must for every exchange sites because it protects you from harm attacks and from the hackers as well. So now a days attaching 2fa to any side is risk free process

Activating 2fa on your Yobit account is a voluntary option, it is rather an indicator of your responsibility to your own finances. If your data provided when you registered on Yobit was used elsewhere, the risk of hacking into your Yobit account is increased and in this case 2fa activation is highly recommended. If the amounts in your Yobit account are significant to you, it is also a reason to enable 2fa. 2fa has advantages and no disadvantages, so why give it up? Those who use it get extra protection, so they have peace of mind and can operate with much larger amounts.

Adding 2fa to your yobit exchange account is not compulsory but it is advisable. It helps to secure your account against hack by adding another security layer to your account. 

They will also need to have your email details so that they can receive the 2FA code. So, its a helpful security to secure our accounts.

Abolutely nessesary. If you caring about security of your account and don't want you money get stolen. It does not take much time to activate it, but it will save you a lot of nerves in the future.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:17 PM, Ch Ayyan said:

Hi friend I want to know that there is any risk  in using  yobit without   2fa security. Are you using without  2fa or  You have activated  2 2fa  security. 

The 2fa is essential because you have to be aware of any attack, the more security there is in a site the better so everyone will feel calm if this process is not done then you do not have to provide data to malicious people.

• Useful or interesting 1

yes 2fa is very useful, but you have to be careful how you use it.

In the sense you could lose access to google authenticator and automatically you would no longer be able to enter your exchange.

for example if you format your mobile or lose it.

access keys saved!

This is the first time I am hearing something about 2fa. from what I see I think it is only required for users who have more amount of money as well as advanced form of payments. if user fields to secure the account with more protective measures then we could use these softwares like 2fa to protect their accounts. If any time in the future i require such protection I will certainly go for it.

With todays equipment you need a real strong password to not get your account hacked within a short timeframe. Just by having a username your password can be bruteforced quite fast now days unless you have followed the rules for a good password. And even then a site can be compromised or your password leaked somehow else.

This is why 2FA come to place, so you have another measure of security to your account, and while not entirely safe it's a lot more secure.

You should look up how unsafe passwords alone are nowdays and be amazed.

Everyone feels worried if they have to trade on an exchange without security.  This procedure is very important to protect your account from scammers. Scammers can access everything, if they ask as a any coin/token/exchange support your email, password, 2fa then it's obviously a scam. Be careful and use common sense you wouldn't give your pin number to someone in the bank.

I highly recommend enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) for the following reasons: Security! 2FA increases the security of your account. Even if somebody guesses your password, they won't be able to access your account.

I recommend to all your accounts of all your platforms to place the 2fa system, because this way you protect yourself from scammers who many times take your account and empty your money, the best thing is always to use the best protection.