What would you do if it happened to you? - Page 18 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
ETheHedgehog

What would you do if it happened to you?

On 9/15/2020 at 5:03 PM, ETheHedgehog said:

a while back, someone made a mistake while making a transaction, he sent 0.55 ETH with a transaction fee of a little under 10700 ETH, which was around 2.6$ million at the time to send 134$ worth of ETH, you can read more about the story here : https://mashable.com/article/million-cryptocurrency-ethereum-fee-paid-by-mistake/ .

My question to you would be what would you do if this happened to you, would you quit the crypto business entirely? or would you consider it a lesson to always double and triple check the numbers in a transaction and try to find some way to recover anything of what's lost?

First you need enough information and knowledge to make sure to not make a single mistake. But if you made a mistake then don't be disappointed and give up. Try to learn from your mistake and correct  yourself then give another try.

as they say, don't say hop until you jump over, but for example, I check everything very carefully and the likelihood that I make such or a similar mistake actively tends to 0.

I don't think this person will want to return to work in this field because it is unfortunate that a simple mistake made him lose all this money

I don't hope this will happen to me, but if it does happen with small amounts of money, I will take it as a lesson that I should learn from and check the number of the wallet sent to it and check how much fee is owed as well.

• +1 1

Hello my friend, I feel sorry for the person who solved this, but on my part I will try hard to recover what I lost, but if I cannot, I will not stop, because these errors are likely to occur and they are a lesson of the cruel type, but working with cryptocurrencies requires study, caution and constant focus, mistakes may occur Disastrous like this .

My friend for me, I am doing it as a great lesson for me

And I will take advantage of it in the next times

Make it an incentive for you to work

All the money is well compensated. Don't despair and don't give up

We have to be patient and try once, twice, and three

You must verify your private numbers well

I work very hard and carefully

Do not weaken

All the best for everyone

We will rise more and more

• +4 1

I also suggest you not to give up the great site Crypto if you keep patience one day you will become success in your Crypto career and it is the reality if you are continue here you will get money no rest and reputation from the site.

I think that it is a big mistake, and if this happens to me, then at first I will feel regret and that I have to move out of the field until my psychological state stabilizes a little 😅

Then I will return to the field full of caution and in the next times I will be in a state of focus and delve into the details and I will search for the results of every step that I may take, but I will never leave the field.

The loss of money is for everyone, but not by this large amount.  If this had happened to me I would have tried to get the money back but wouldn't give up cryptocurrencies and give up easily.

Edited by Terry953

We can take a lesson that checking transaction fees when sending coins is very necessary, lest we regret not checking the transaction fees and nominal to be sent first. If that had happened to me, I certainly wouldn't be able to sleep because I had made a very trivial mistake which frustrated me.

@ETheHedgehog at first no one is above mistake and quitting the crypto business isn't the solution, at times some mistakes are blessing, have bought it already and there is nothing to do about but what if the ethereum price later increase, isn't that a win for me, but still always triple and double check your transaction.

I would cry a lot for several months if this happened to me.
I do not have that amount of money, this error has not happened to me, nor can I say that it will not happen to me because I do not know, but what if I pending when making a transaction verify all the details

• Useful or interesting 1

I would be disappointed. But not to the point of stopping and abandoning everything. I think it can happen to all of us. Thank you for sharing because it makes us think with the good will to continue life.

Whatever happens to me, I will never stop coding
And all the mistakes that happen to me, I will consider them lessons for me
To learn from her that I have to pay attention and verify more before starting any action or transaction

The best and most valuable currency in the world today is BTC, LTC, ETH and so on. I was able to earn a total of $ 300 BTC online. I earn crypto currency by investing through Telegram. I love working here. Millions of people are working here and making a living. General Chat Chat LoungCrypto currencies are touching people's minds so it can be said that they will improve further in the future

Introduction. It will be a robust setback to be able to my self-esteem, I might recap if to carry on inside crypto, considering that the funds that have been misplaced just isn't a tiny factor. Given this, it is advisable to test repeatedly when required to validate a procedure. There are numerous situations regarding just what took place.

Reaction to such incident varies person to person.Because  it totally depends upon psycological situation of a person .However i would try my best to recover my loss from the same crypto forum but in more carefull manner.

• +4 1

Greetings, my friend, this is a really shocking story
It makes us more vigilant when making transfers. The mistake with one number is enough to make us lose all the money on the wallet, so we must check twice and three times if that necessary before making any transfer.

I never leave crypto due to my mistakes. If my account banned due to my mistakes then i make my account again and start work again on it. I should learn to my mistakes and overcome them next time. I shall learn from them.

I don't think that i will Stop working i believe that all of us may face this so we need to be more careful and about the other mistakes to avoid them

I think that if I lose an amount of money in the event that the amount is small, I will try not to repeat the same mistake. As for losing a large amount of money, if the lesson for me is not to go back to this job again

Thank you for this participation, my dear friend, it is a valuable lesson for all members, I hope that the experts will always share their mistakes so that the rest of the members can avoid them that this problem happened to me I will definitely be very sad but I will return to work and I will not give up and I will consider it a lesson for me

We learn from our mistakes and mind you, you last mistake will be your best teacher, so as for me, I take this a lesson that I will learn from, then move on with my journey, I know that the better days are always ahead, that's my thought on this.

If this happens to me, I don't know what to do then, but we have to be careful with crypto transactions and not trust anything to avoid making mistakes.

It's really hard to judge the person mentally when he loss 2.6 million, its not esay to say he continue work in crypto are leave crypto its depends on his mentally,

but one lesson definitely we learns when we made any transaction, then before check the amount, transaction fees and wallet address everything cross check its important, 

I don't think he recover that amount, but then also once try for recovery its better.

It's really hard to judge the person mentally when he loss 2.6 million, its not esay to say he continue work in crypto are leave crypto its depends on his mentally,

but one lesson definitely we learns when we made any transaction, then before check the amount, transaction fees and wallet address everything cross check its important, 

I don't think he recover that amount, but then also once try for recovery its better.

My dear friend, I will consider it less important, but I did not allow this situation to become with me after all, which is why in the coming times I will be more eager to work and money and trust all the good luck

• +4 1