Ethereum's DeFi tokens are rapidly outpacing Bitcoin - Page 7 - Defi - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Ethereum's DeFi tokens are rapidly outpacing Bitcoin

I'm not sure if it will keep rising so I'm s little concerned about investing so i will wait and see what future is hiding for me. 

• +2 1

Most of the defi are up to 1000 times scarcer than bitcoin, as it will not obtain rapid growth in the market if it is already established, any good project can have a faster adoption thanks to the reputation of bitcoin and ethereum, Greetings.

• +2 1

I would say ambition. Ambition that can be very expensive because it makes investors act without thinking twice, they get excited to see such high growth rates without analyzing the risks that all investment takes, who would not like to see their investment grow rapidly and more in those percentages? I cannot imagine Bitcoin growing at such amazing percentages, the ecosystem would fall, it would not be sustainable.

• +1 1

For me, the Defi tokens are good projects, only they are very volatile and this can make users lose our investment, it is known that the Defi have been a trend in recent years, I recommend waiting for these projects to be stable and there if we can invest

On 10.07.2020 at 10:28, Whited35 said:

The report is originally published on Decrypt which suggests 10 Ethereum's DeFi Tokens associated with different DeFi applications have massive gains(up to 804%) to outperform the broader crypto market in the past three months. They grew more than Bitcoin which is itself incredible to see. The report has created an earthquake in the crypto community during these past three days. Tokens associated with lending and liquidity protocols like  Aave’s LEND token( Native Token from Aave lending protocol which has 804% growth) and  Bancor (BNT) ( Bancor is an Ethereum-based protocol which enables pooled liquidity)  are the best performers. 
Have a look at the following data where you can clearly see 10 DeFi tokens have been gaining growth between 41% and 804% since April 8.

messari-defi-coins.thumb.png.c51ecbe93966b9c4093b42375e3cc408.png

Image:-Messari

So guys, what do you think why DeFi platforms and DeFi tokens are grabbing more attention of investors in the crypto world? Clearly, there is a massive gain for some tokens, is it sustainable? 

References:-

I think it was a one-time splash.  The current has grown too much and rapidly in such a short period of time.  One of the main defi factors is minimizing trust to reduce counterparty risk.  Again, due to the rapid use of stalk-coins, all this decentralized lending is creating such a hype.  But I think that he has a short lifetime

In my opinion the world of cryptocurrencies is undergoing a great change which is based on the fact that many investors are arriving due to the great recognition that this market is reaching, and people are investing a lot of money in new tokens belonging to the ethereum network waiting that have an economic growth like bitcoin that is why they are making investments in these currencies to the point that they are surpassing bitcoin.

Decentralized Finance (DeFi) has been a rapidly growing sector in the crypto space, and while the volume of the DeFi ecosystem has yet to outpace that of the general crypto market, the new way of lending and saving has garnered positive media coverage and "accolades." .

DeFi shows great promise and the market is starting to reflect this, as many DeFi-based tokens have had strong capital injections in 2020, with some tokens showing gains of over 60% in the last 5 days.

According to a report provided to Delphi Digital clients, tokens for popular applications in the DeFi space have shown large gains in both the short and long term periods. For example, Aave, a London-based DeFi lending platform, strongly outperformed Bitcoin this week with a 66.46% increase in the last week. MakerDAO, another popular DeFi-based token, also gained 25.60% in the last week.

DeFi is becoming a very important actor in the Blochain ecosystem, the idea is to allow us new ways of producing money and profits, it is estimated that there are more than a billion dollars in liquidity in this system, all this thanks to smart contracts , which are what make the existence of DeFi ecosystems possible.

I don't agree with you sir defi tokens well never will be like Bitcoin because all of them start by big bomb and after days big domb

It's really possible as they define them, promise clarity, and provide beneficial scenarios for borrowers. DeFi platforms build an alternative financial system to offer and receive loans, exchange currencies, make payments, among others. There are no intermediaries, banks or trusted third parties, governments do not intercede, decentralized finance offers borrowers to borrow without problems. For those who own cryptocurrencies, the defi offer the opportunity to lend their assets to other people, thus obtaining a profit of approximately 20%. It is an advantage that bitcoin does not have, that is why I see a good future for it.

You are right, but those who are having the highest profits are the miners due to the high commissions that the Ethereum network has.

In my particular case, I prefer TRX since the commissions are almost zero, instantaneous and it allows us to capitalize on small traders.

Defi tokens are good projects that have been trending in recent weeks, you just have to be careful when investing in this project because they are very volatile

Yes, these might be true but let see how these currencies work in few years. Nowadays, when a coin irrupts in the market the bubble effect is very important I long-term tendencies are needed to say so

Ethereum will not replace bitcoin because it's network fees are way too high, compared to bitcoin. Bitcoin don't have apps on it's network so the fees will always be reported to bitcoin's price. If there are 1 million apps on ethereum networks, fees can reach 100$ for one single trade !! That's way too much, and it's the reason of why Ethereum will fall sooner or later if they don't change it.

ETH blockchain is in the second version. This should increase the speed of transactions, reduce commissions and provide an opportunity for all members to earn profit. defi already tron base platform. 

Good afternoon. I think that some defis that reach a price level close to that of Bitcoin will only be momentary since their value depends on the purchases and sales of the operators. Unlike Bitcoin, its market is larger and its value will always be above all cryptocurrencies. Defis or Tokens.

• +1 1

Yes, of course, Ethereum defi projects are ahead of their other competitors in many respects. There are a lot of popular and interesting projects on the Ethereum platform that have already caused a stir in society. In addition, Ethereum has a very ridiculous potential.

As for value yes. But not everything in the world of cryptocurrencies revolves around the value of a coin. What really matters the most is the usefulness of each of them. Bitcoin is the currency with the most market capitalization at great distances from the others.

Interesting topic, personally I think that bitcoin is unique, I don't think it can be surpassed by any cryptography, but I do think that Decentralized Finance or DEFI come to contribute or add great value to Blockchain technology, that is to say They are two systems or technologies that can coexist, without the need to think that one can displace the other.

With the high commissions of the market I do not think it will overshadow the bitcoin unless it exceeds the market amount, but that is unlikely to happen, for now you can rest assured that the cryptocurrency that dominates the market is bitcoin and it will be on the throne for decades until it manages to overcome the scalability difficulties that it has had in recent years, the DEFI is only euphoria but nothing concrete derivative product after the ICO, this will have a better boom if the commissions go down, use XDai and honey with this we We reduce market commissions to be able to trade between pairs or add tokens to pools, this is everyone's decision and, as always, manage their risk profile in order to ensure their capital.

• Useful or interesting 1

z7K3SYt.png

10 hours ago, jhonsu777 said:

With the high commissions of the market I do not think it will overshadow the bitcoin unless it exceeds the market amount, but that is unlikely to happen, for now you can rest assured that the cryptocurrency that dominates the market is bitcoin

@jhonsu777 I believe, last DeFi craze was responsible to give a raise in network fee on the Ethereum blockchain network.Let ponzi schemes to be over. YFI token has massive spike in price and still it is the most expensive token. I think if scalability problem get fixed on Bitcoin blockchain networks, no other currency can compete with it. Well, lighting network is there but I have doubt regarding its reliability. 

• +1 1
  • +5 1

54 minutes ago, Tapiwazw said:

My fear is how long will these DeFi tokens last. Are these DeFis short term profit makers or not? DeFi projects have the potential to outsmart Btc and Eth because DeFi tokens are not only backed by hodlers but by hodlers, and liquidity 

@TapiwazwEveryone has the same fear but billions of dollars equivalent currencies are still locked in the smart contract of the DeFi protocols. So many DeFi  platforms are still having loopholes or vulnerability in their system. 

• +3 1
  • +5 2