Newcomers in the Crypto world? How to remain anonymous and be safe from the new tricks of scammers? - Page 3 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Newcomers in the Crypto world? How to remain anonymous and be safe from the new tricks of scammers?

On 5/31/2020 at 7:46 AM, Whited35 said:

HERE ARE TIPS TO AVOID BOUNTY AND AIRDROP SCAMS

• Never pay the amounts to participate in the airdrop.If some project is repeatedly asking for deposit from any types of offers like selfdrop,token/coin swap etc, never trust them. If they are begging money every time, how can you be sure for their project's continuity in the future? 
  • Since the real projects work very hard to create their website and contents for social media platforms, check if there are poorly managed official website or social media channels.Always do not forget to check following details,
    -Team behind the project and company registration number, official location, contact details etc.Some website may show a fake team information and photos, try to use search engines properly to find stock photos or other's random photos if they are being used. You can use these search engines YandexGoogle , and Bing where you can upload photo to get details about that.
    -Uniqueness/vision of project and their white paper( Do not forget to check if contents on white paper are copied from external sources. There are so many online free tools to detect copied content)
  • Never share your all real personal information including sensitive KYC documents, Primary emails, Phone number and permanent address
  • For participating any types of airdrop, I advise you to use brand new cryptocurrency wallet address not an address from your main account and also do not share private key.
  • Never response to spam email, if you reply them, they will be able to track your real IP address and always use good quality premium antivirus software.
  • If you see any of symptoms which resemble above mentioned cases, get away from them. 

Thank You!

Stay Safe 😍

You write very important things. I have one e-mail address that has spam all the time with fraudulent attempts, fake links, and they have tried to hack my accounts several times. I think your guide should be read by any novice cryptocurrency user.

• +2 1

Excellent information, it seems to me that in these times it is very useful, because every beginner in the world of cryptocurrencies enters thinking about getting benefits and therefore as they have no knowledge they can be deceived by anyone, the truth is that it is sad how it is that This type of people play with someone else's dreams, because there are many who lose hope and do not continue, this world of cryptocurrencies has been lent a lot to scam, but the recommendation you have given is really useful, I always say that What a beginner should do is trust lightly if not seek and learn, because truly this world of cryptocurrencies is very good.

• Useful or interesting 1

Your report is very complete, every time we see new scam mode I have never participated in those coin tosses, my first time is in Yobit with the dllrs as it is serious exchange.

On 10/7/2020 at 1:48 PM, cooliez2 said:

Yes, right now the aH-Ha effect comes to me.

@cooliez2 Wow glad to hear it helped you 😉!

10 hours ago, Calvinpriva said:

Nice article my brother @Whited35 but why don't you write articles like this in Readcash and boost them at least for $1 ?? Am sure you will help a lot of members and you will earn good income as well! It's VERY easy to earn in Readcash if you right meaningful articles like this.

@Calvinpriva Time does matter my brother.I can tightly find spare time due to active tradings. You have given me detail explanation regarding that platform and it is shame for me, I have still put that in my to-do list. Thanks for reminding me my brother. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +4 1

1 hour ago, Whited35 said:

@Calvinpriva Time does matter my brother.I can tightly find spare time due to active tradings. You have given me detail explanation regarding that platform and it is shame for me, I have still put that in my to-do list. Thanks for reminding me my brother. 

@Whited35 Brother, I've got a badge from Read.Cash as a top 50 tippers and scammers are now targets me, I'll tell you later in PM. It's a really nice platform but there are a big number of scammers and most are from NG

Time is the ultimate weapon!

1 hour ago, Calvinpriva said:

@Whited35 Brother, I've got a badge from Read.Cash as a top 50 tippers and scammers are now targets me, I'll tell you later in PM. It's a really nice platform but there are a big number of scammers and most are from NG

@Calvinpriva Waiting to hear about that. It is sad that a gang of scammers are existed everywhere. Can you report to moderators or administrators there or it is hard to resolve the issues on Read.cash ? I also want to check about it. 

• +3 1

3 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@Calvinpriva Waiting to hear about that. It is sad that a gang of scammers are existed everywhere. Can you report to moderators or administrators there or it is hard to resolve the issues on Read.cash ? I also want to check about it. 

@Whited35 One thing about Read.Cash team, there is only one man in the backend of Read.Cash 😐 he's the one who has to everything like banning spammers, answering support emails, controlling payments, and in short to control all things in Read.Cash!!!!! I really don't know why he doesn't have someone to help, it's really hard to communicate with him and get response in time.

30 minutes ago, Calvinpriva said:

@Whited35 One thing about Read.Cash team, there is only one man in the backend of Read.Cash 😐 he's the one who has to everything like banning spammers, answering support emails, controlling payments, and in short to control all things in Read.Cash!!!!! I really don't know why he doesn't have someone to help, it's really hard to communicate with him and get response in time.

@Calvinpriva Maybe there is a technical team in the back end otherwise one man army could be hard to balance such a great platform. Maybe he has some great tools to ban cheaters on the platform. Sometime automated system does the perfect works. 

• +2 1

On 31.05.2020 at 08:46, Whited35 said:

26233418_my-visual_46997651(1).thumb.png.50a8f1704013e9fb52b74c6ff8c22b86.png

After having so many awful experiences in the crypto world, I decided to write this topic to save so many innocent users from new tricks from scammers even on this Cryptotalk forum. 
Myself, I am not an expert but I try my best to elaborate according to my pure experiences.Everything will be straight forward and I hope you might say aH-Ha at the end😉! Due to increasing craze in the cryptocurrency, so many people are entering in crypto world everyday.  Scammers are finding Airdrop and any sort of giveaway options are the best way to cheat newcomers. Let's see I am uncovering the scammer's tricks.

First of all, they promote their so-called airdrops, bounty programs, and giveaway programs on airdrop notifier different sites and channels like telegram channels, airdroprating.io, airdropalert.com ,medium page etc. Average people including newcomers are always looking for free cryptocurrency and scammers have clearly understood this fact so they create the attractive fake schemes first.Since participating in the most airdrops is not so hard, which includes completing some social media tasks like;

• Twitter follow and retweet,
  • Facebook page Like, follow and share,
  • Telegram/Discord group/channel join,
  • LinkedIn/Medium follow,
  • YouTube channel subscribe and,
  • Website registrations and KYC verification

After getting so many followers on their social media networks, they list their useless currency on lower ranked cryptocurrency exchange sites with extremely lower 24 hours trading volumes or zero in some cases where you can not find any potential buyers. Now it's time to widespread their fake schemes by highlighting like their coins/tokens are already listed on some exchange sites.This is a turning point, not only newcomers, even some experienced players might fall in this trap because cryptocurrency which is already listed on exchange sites(most of the people do not care about quality of exchange for the very first time) can drop our attentions.

Now let's see their scamming trick step-wise.

1. To claim the airdrop, they ask for fee in ETH or BTC and you have to fill the separate Google form to reclaim no matter where you have initially filled the form for airdrop like on telegram bot or even on their own separate form.In the google form they may ask following things to spot your bank account;

-Primary email address

-Phone numbers

-KYC document ID 

A reason behind asking information via google form is to spot your Gmail id. So what benefits will they get from your Gmail id?If you are chrome browser user on both Android Smartphone and PC, you have to login Google to enable sync feature.On android device, one Gmail id can work for all existing applications like PlayStore, YouTube, Chrome Browser, Gmail app etc.They start to attack by sending malicious links to your Gmail inbox.Some of their email may also contain attractive offers according to your interests. So how they detect the things that you love the most? As per their Airdrop requirements, you should already have to subscribe their YouTube channel. They track your watch history,liked videos, and subscriptions to detect which contents you love the most on YouTube(It is advised, always keep your YouTube account in private mode).There will be the greatest chances of clicking on the links which you have received in your mailbox along with attractive offers. So how dangerous will it be if you wrongly click on such malicious links?

2. They may send you coins/tokens in your personal wallet and immediately launch the another serious of Airdrop say "Round 2 Airdrop", reason behind to do so is, they want to show continuous effort for project so that participants are not leaving their trap so early.

3. They start to show hopes like they are going to list their tokens/coins on some bigger exchange and keep encouraging participants to participate in their selfdrop by depositing ETH, BTC,LTC etc so that they are getting enough funds to cover listing fees.

(Note:-Selfdrop is a type of offer where participant has to deposit certain amounts of cryptocurrencies to expect tokens/coins as a return from some projects)

4. When their promised listing date comes very closer, now they create announcements, they are about to cancel agreements with their mentioned bigger exchange's listing by showing the fake reasons like;

-the exchange is not working according to their favor,and
    -their partner has cheated them to harm their project by grabbing away most of the tokens and coins.

5. After that, they ask participants for token swap and fee again for swapping purpose by accusing the reasons, their earlier token has become bad performer and they are about to create another unique tokens. At this stage, again participants can not leave their trap because they would have already invested the amounts in their selfdrp programs to expect huge profits and again they will be compelled to pay fee for token swapping purpose.

At the end, neither they list their coins/ Tokens on the exchange nor they return collected funds from the users.They rush away by closing everything like telegram group/channel, Facebook/Twitter etc. 

So for free airdrop you are not just expecting free crypto but also you are opening your entire secrets to scammers according to their needs.

HERE ARE TIPS TO AVOID BOUNTY AND AIRDROP SCAMS

• Never pay the amounts to participate in the airdrop.If some project is repeatedly asking for deposit from any types of offers like selfdrop,token/coin swap etc, never trust them. If they are begging money every time, how can you be sure for their project's continuity in the future? 
  • Since the real projects work very hard to create their website and contents for social media platforms, check if there are poorly managed official website or social media channels.Always do not forget to check following details,
    -Team behind the project and company registration number, official location, contact details etc.Some website may show a fake team information and photos, try to use search engines properly to find stock photos or other's random photos if they are being used. You can use these search engines YandexGoogle , and Bing where you can upload photo to get details about that.
    -Uniqueness/vision of project and their white paper( Do not forget to check if contents on white paper are copied from external sources. There are so many online free tools to detect copied content)
  • Never share your all real personal information including sensitive KYC documents, Primary emails, Phone number and permanent address
  • For participating any types of airdrop, I advise you to use brand new cryptocurrency wallet address not an address from your main account and also do not share private key.
  • Never response to spam email, if you reply them, they will be able to track your real IP address and always use good quality premium antivirus software.
  • If you see any of symptoms which resemble above mentioned cases, get away from them. 

Thank You!

Stay Safe 😍

Thanks for the info.  Written in a very informative and understandable language.  Also, you have revealed most of the schemes that they use.  For me personally, it will be useful as for many beginners.  I did not know some of the facts.  Now I will study in more detail everything that comes across.  Thanks for your article.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, Whited35 said:

@Calvinpriva Maybe there is a technical team in the back end otherwise one man army could be hard to balance such a great platform. Maybe he has some great tools to ban cheaters on the platform. Sometime automated system does the perfect works. 

@Whited35 Of course, he has some automation tools they help him. But for a better way to fight scammers at least he would have a team to help him. You can be banned in the morning, and at evening you keep posting as usually!  

14 hours ago, Calvinpriva said:

@Whited35 Of course, he has some automation tools they help him. But for a better way to fight scammers at least he would have a team to help him. You can be banned in the morning, and at evening you keep posting as usually!  

@Calvinpriva Thanks for the info. Yesterday, at mid-night I check the platform. Fortunately, my login is saved on the browser but I was unable to find the detail group rules and matter create topics. Is it, I can create topics in any subjects ? 

4 hours ago, CryptoSkye said:

just like what you have said, it is better to earn little for now than keep investing on airdrop sites that you are not even sure if its real or just fraud. you will just have a hard time so its better to keep it nice and steady than be impulsive and invest on airdrops.

@CryptoSkye What a point , wow ! Little incomes does not hurt. Scammers have been cheating users for a long time now. 

2 hours ago, kelebekcafe38 said:

Unfortunately, I care that you pay attention to the fact that these things happen in our lives. As you said, there have been people who have shown a lot of interest in crypto money lately, of course, they have both positive and negative aspects in our lives, they used applications such as site promotion in our lives, such information is very important for us.

Scammers attempt to cheat innocent people in every possible ways. Nowadays, they have discovered another method to cheat people by encouraging to install a malicious app to the devices which may eventually steal the sensitive user's data. So get rid off all sort of malicious programs and fake schemes. 

Good topic Dear @Whited35 thanks. The scammers now they are formed part of all trusted places, you can find them in all social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram…etc with their false project or program and also you can find them in Google Play Store with their false and fake application. Their preferred technique is playing with people emotion through easy way and free attractive offers. 

• +3 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

2 hours ago, tienda said:

Good topic Dear @Whited35 thanks. The scammers now they are formed part of all trusted places, you can find them in all social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram…etc with their false project or program and also you can find them in Google Play Store with their false and fake application.

@tienda You made a serious points here. My main concern is with Google PlayStore and Chrome Webstore. They have not removed so many malicious apps and extensions from there and letting so many scammers to cheat people through malicious apps. You know scammers do the best to mask the virus but airdrop participants rush to expect free money through airdrop. 

14 hours ago, Ivarr said:

This is an excellent article. Since newcomers are the most susceptible to scam due to their lack of expertise in this area they must advise them to stop accessing untrustworthy websites to prevent being fooled.

The core guidelines  of this tutorial is not just limited to prevent users from entering the malicious sites but it has also attempted to save users from being fallen into the trap of scammers via the fake airdrop and unwanted schemes. Especially, in 2020, there were so many such airdrop and I think so many users were affected due to such fraud campaigns.