Cut loss or HODL? - Page 2 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Cut loss or HODL?

it is all depending on your strategy bro when you make the trade take  a decision where d you put your stope lose and your take profit and never leave the trade before the price touch one of them thank you  and  good luck . 

On 6/19/2020 at 9:33 AM, Almass93 said:

I think if the coin is good and have the potential to grow further you don't need to cut lose even you should buy some.more with money from.your.pocket and should wait for the coin to raise. 

How can you know a coin has the potential to grow? You suppose to talk about this also. As for me, at times, it is just good to cut loss you someone do not want to lose the more. 

The method of cutting loss is better for me because it gives way to learn new strategies even if it is at the expense of loss because the loss in the event of a price drop may be a new way to find alternative plans, but automatic trading is more dangerous

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

If the currencies that I have chosen for trading are the most valuable, I still prefer to HODL my currencies but while performing certain day tradings, I have been also preferring strategies to cut the losses which is applicable for some sort of currencies like LTC, ETH, XRP etc. 

This depends on the currency and its chart, if its chart is bad in the long run, I advise you to sell and exit from it, and vice versa, which is the storage in the case of a good chart.

On 4/20/2020 at 1:27 AM, teminalibug said:

There are two strategies people use when they lost a trade because it is coin down, one is cut loss this is normally automatically set, the other is HODL until the coin goes up, but selling at the bottom is not a strategy but a dumb idea.

Anyway what so you think is best; Cut loss or HODL?

That depends on the type of coins we hold, if the coins we hold are Bitcoin, of course I will Hold it, but if the coins we have are new coins and it will likely not rise again then I will sell them so that I can cut the losses that I suffer.

It is completely dependent on the market performance at the end of the stage, if it is stable and there are many benefits and opportunities, I will recommend you that to store for a while and stop the loss if it is unstable

On 4/20/2020 at 2:27 AM, teminalibug said:

There are two strategies people use when they lost a trade because it is coin down, one is cut loss this is normally automatically set, the other is HODL until the coin goes up, but selling at the bottom is not a strategy but a dumb idea.

I guess the best way on dealing between cutting loss and holding is to set first your strategy before finally starting a to a coin. Set a value range when you should sell your coins. Because of that, you will be having a lesser stress cause by that lost. Cut it when it reached that mark. And then move on. But if you think that that coin will increased it's value sooner or later, and you do have the courage for that, then go hold. 

I prefer to hodl than to cut loss on strong cryptos like bitcoin, yeah because of the reason I've said above.

As far as I am concerned cut-lost is not a good idea as long as the coin is popular in cryptoworld and for that reason I think holding for sometimes will be the best option instead of cut-lost because only by that you can be able to recover what you lost previously.

• +2 1

On 7/9/2020 at 6:25 AM, Solex said:

As far as I am concerned cut-lost is not a good idea

It depends, cut loss as really helped me, greediness do not make many trades to cut loss, I still even used it for doge yesterday, if I did not, I would have lost over $100 or more. So, it depends on you trading strategy, because their are some time I do not even cut loss if not much and the price seem to increase, that is why you need to know support and resistance level of the coin you are trading. 

Edited by Yomose
  • +1 2
  • +2 1

7 hours ago, Yomose said:

It depends, cut loss as really helped me, greediness do not make many trades to cut loss, I still even used it for doge yesterday, if I did not, I would have lost over $100 or more. So, it depends on you trading strategy, because their are some time I do not even cut loss if not much and the price seem to increase, that is why you need to know support and resistance level of the coin you are trading. 

I will agree with you that it depends, you can cut loss and the market will go up, you can hold and the market will be decreasing, at time it is more than our analyses, but as far as I know to now, cut loss is a very good thing by does not favour all the time. 

17 hours ago, DiamondBit said:

I will agree with you that it depends, you can cut loss and the market will go up, you can hold and the market will be decreasing, at time it is more than our analyses, but as far as I know to now, cut loss is a very good thing by does not favour all the time. 

Yes, that is why we need to study more about the market because of the risks, the market at times also so confusing not knowing where it is heading to, I have cut loss before and the price the coin increased. 

You may decide what to do according to situations. If you have sufficient funds to invest in other coins, you might still HODL some valuable currencies to expect profits later otherwise you might use cut loss strategies to prevent further excessive losses on trading platform due to highest price volatility of some specific currencies. In my case, while performing active trading activities in a short time frame, I generally prefer cut loss option. 

On 7/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Yomose said:

You are right but it also depends on the type of coins you are holding. When you have the likes of bitcoin,ethereum and litecoin you don't have to worry because sooner or later they will regain there strength due to the potential the have in the market and you can even earn some good profit.

It depends on the type of Cryptocurrency business you do, if you are a investor then I think the best strategy to do is hold untill the price of the coins rise in the future but if you are a trader then it will better you cut-lost and purchase a coin tht is rising so that you will be able to cover up the loss which you previously on the other coin.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think it is best to hold back, if we cut losses and sell cheap we will only lose, it's better to hold on until the price goes up again. Provided you buy top coins like bitcoin and Ethereum. I think the downturn is only temporary so there's no need to panic and sell bitcoin cheaply, staying calm and holding on is the best option.

On 19‏/4‏/2020 at 20:27, teminalibug said:

هناك استراتيجيتان يستخدمهما الأشخاص عندما يخسرون صفقة بسبب انخفاض العملة ، أحدهما يتم تعيين الخسارة تلقائيًا ، والآخر هو HODL حتى ترتفع العملة ، لكن البيع في الأسفل ليس إستراتيجية ولكنه فكرة غبية .

على أي حال ، ما رأيك هو الأفضل ؛ قطع الخسارة أو HODL ؟

Stopping loss is one of the things that must be taken care of. When entering a trade, an end to loss must be set according to a pre-prepared plan and according to your vision of the technical analysis.

In terms of entry points, I recommend entering from the meeting points of the fixed support or resistance line with the moving line "trend line".

I think the best thing to do here when the price of the coin you are holding goes down is to hold a bit more especially if it's bitcoin because it does recover no matter the dump I now have complete faith in it.

On 4/20/2020 at 1:27 AM, teminalibug said:

in crypto I prefer to hold and in forex I prefer to cut loss, because in crypto, if we are patient, the coin will definitely increase as long as the project is still running and the team still has clear objectives because when the coins are released, most of the good news is they will pump.

Losses can be minimized by being patient and buy when the coin is quoted down and sold when the price goes up minimizing losses.

I think choosing stop loss is a good way to protect your account. If you accept a 20% cut loss on your account you will have a better chance of buying other coins to compensate.

As for me I am not a hodler, I will pull my self together and cut my losses to get ready for the next battle, In my opinion hodling is waste of time it may take years or months to get back to the buying price, so it is better to change your old strategy and start again.

• +2 3

"We grow by lifting others"

Each case has its own situation, for me if the loss is small such as 10%, I can bear it and maybe I prefer to cut the loss and trade again and look for opportunities to compensate the loss, but if the loss is greater than I can bear then I will choose to hold.

• +2 2

I make use of indicators, it depends on the information the indicates indicate to know if to still hold or I should cut loss, there are sometimes you need to continue holding, not thinking about the fall, before you will know, the price will increase back, but not all the time, there are times the price will continue to fall. 

• +1 1