Cut loss or HODL? - Page 3 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Cut loss or HODL?

The choice will be very difficult ... and I think it is better to sell the half with the loss and try to trade it again ... and to keep the second half in the event of an increase ... Maybe in this way I will reduce my losses to some extent .. Better than staying waiting all the time  ... and maybe it will be long until the rise returns again.

• +3 2

According to the amount invested in the currency, if the amount is small from the portfolio, then I will keep the deal for a long time, and if the percentage of the amount is large, I will stop the loss.

17 hours ago, charingane said:

According to the amount invested in the currency, if the amount is small from the portfolio, then I will keep the deal for a long time, and if the percentage of the amount is large, I will stop the loss.

Stop loss is very good but knowing about trading is very important, there are some analyzes and indications that will let you know to wait that the price can move up back, that is why it is not. good to trade without know about trading cm very well. 

• +2 1

I use a third strategy for the most part, which is to take advantage of the low price of the currency to buy and strengthen my position, and thus I can sell later at a price lower than the first goal. So reaching my new goal becomes easier.

• +5 1

the big mistake of my trading is do not using stop loss, i buyed some coins and the price down with high amount, then i holded all those coins, now if i sell it i will lose 0.015 BTC from my capital, if i hold them i lose time because i can't trade with it. now i prefer to using stop loss in all my deals.

I think that this depends on the capital that you own. If your capital is large, you can wait for the currency to rise again, but if you do not have a large capital, it is better to use a stop loss and enter other opportunities.

• +2 1

both are good but choosing what to  do always change depends on time and the currency you deal with , sometimes it's better to hold because it's just a correction or another currency affect and sometimes it's better to cut loss because  the currency is dying and won't recover  , but as you said also , selling at low is a dumb idea

• +1 1
  • +5 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:04 PM, iloveyobit said:

This depends entirely on the performance of the market in the last stage, if it is stable and there are many profits and opportunities I advise you to store for a period and if it is unstable I advise you to stop the loss.

@iloveyobit..It will usually depend on whether I sell or hold the coin.  However, we will keep the order to avoid damage.  As a result, when the price of a coin is dumped, it will automatically sell.  Which will be relieved from the loss.  Again, when the price of the coin rises, it will be better to hold it.  This will allow you to benefit.  But these are two good strategies for trading

5 hours ago, Cleaner said:

@iloveyobit..It will usually depend on whether I sell or hold the coin.  However, we will keep the order to avoid damage.  As a result, when the price of a coin is dumped, it will automatically sell.  Which will be relieved from the loss.  Again, when the price of the coin rises, it will be better to hold it.  This will allow you to benefit.  But these are two good strategies for trading

its complicated , even when the coin price rise there is sometimes when holding is a bad decision because the market is in bear and altcoins pump with 10 % then dump with 25 % , here you need to sell your holding 

The inputs of the strategy that are being worked on must be adhered to and the promise of rushing out of deals if they were losing or even winning.
I think the best is Hold.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:51 PM, Shaza Ahmad said:

Each case has its own situation, for me if the loss is small such as 10%, I can bear it and maybe I prefer to cut the loss and trade again and look for opportunities to compensate the loss, but if the loss is greater than I can bear then I will choose to hold.

Even if we check it very well, like if you are a spot trader, you can decide that the price will increase back and leave it and possibly the price will increase rather than selling at low price and losing. You idea is good but I do apply it for margin trading only because it is riskier and needs immediate sell off after losing like 10%

• +2 1

On 11/9/2020 at 9:51 PM, Shaza Ahmad said:

Each case has its own situation, for me if the loss is small such as 10%, I can bear it and maybe I prefer to cut the loss and trade again and look for opportunities to compensate the loss, but if the loss is greater than I can bear then I will choose to hold.

Looking for an opportunity for compensate loss is not good in trading, it only brings more losses and poor mindset of trading. If you lose, just forget about it and do not count it as loss. Then just later focus on how you will gain. About the losses, it depends on what the signal tells, but what j know is that there is still chances that you will recover lost funds even if you do not sell. But some people just sell and lose. Although this is spot trading that I am commenting about, not margin not future trading. 

• +2 1

On 11/10/2020 at 8:42 PM, charingane said:

I do not think this idea is good and can not make a trader profit. Be it high or low amount, why not try to make appropriate analysis that will let you determine if to cut loss or wait. But most good cryptocurrencies, if you wait, a time will come that will make you gain back all your losses. 

On 11/28/2020 at 11:11 AM, Tulip_al said:

For me, my trading strategy is HODL.
Because I trade strong, reliable cryptocurrencies that have a strong project and team, so I am sure that no matter how much their price falls, their price will rise and I will make profits.
As I don't like selling my cryptocurrencies at a loss.

Holding has been the best for new traders and also the best for this that invested high amount of money. I too was able to hold but just few amount of money because I have little for now in bitcoin and I am gaining already. I was able to buy bitcoin at $15000. 

If the coin has dropped and giving you a loss, you must know the reason thats make the coin to drop if it can make temporary drop or permanently drop, so that if you think it can be a long time drop, you shall cut loss then but if it is temporary drop, you can continue to hold then

• +1 1

I will keep my coins if the price goes down, selling at a low price does not reduce losses but sells at a loss, and the effect is that we will not be able to trade again in the future. If the coins I hold are bitcoins, I will continue to hold them until the price recovers. As traders we must anticipate what will happen to trading so that when problems like this occur we don't panic and panic selling, stay calm and focus on trading.

• +1 1

The best of all is to wait for the currency to rise again, and this strategy is called the storage strategy, but it requires that the trader be able to freeze the amount with which he bought the currency for a certain period.

• +2 1

I absolutely like your anaysis but I don't do short term trade. I believe in buying when the price is low and holding on to it for a long time and sell it off the the price appreciate.i believe fear is the major reason people run at lose lose when dealing with Crypto currencies. Avoid panic selling at all cost. Know when to hold and when to sell off.

Using cutting market is still the best thing to do when you are losing too much money for that trade, just close the trade and try again for another day if you should continue with HODL strategy is very risky you might totally lose your capital so it is better you stop the trade for the day.

In my personal criteria I prefer the "HODL", since it is not optional to lose money in a silly way in short operations, but it is preferable to wait patiently for it to grow and earn in turn, but for this we must learn to see trading as a job full-time to search for information on it at all times and not have losses due to lack of knowledge.

• +1 1

This two strategy is difficult to pick one which is more preferable... As the two strategy are vital and its application entirely depends on the situation and the shape the market is taking at that particular point

On 4/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, teminalibug said:

There are two strategies people use when they lost a trade because it is coin down, one is cut loss this is normally automatically set, the other is HODL until the coin goes up, but selling at the bottom is not a strategy but a dumb idea.

Anyway what so you think is best; Cut loss or HODL?

Most of the time as crypto trader holding is best option because the declining of any coin isn't comes in a day.For the cut loss it's mostly the amateur or newbies style of trading who panic and sell their coins in heat. Their for the best strategy I always suggest is to hold the coin till goes down to %50 and then sell your coins. 

The best hodl is that it is a simple and straightforward technique that has been used for unique currencies for almost a decade. Also, while this strategy has its advantages in terms of minimizing losses, it can not always work in your favor, as it did before when the prices of most currencies dropped sharply.

15 hours ago, teebasas said:

The best hodl is that it is a simple and straightforward technique that has been used for unique currencies for almost a decade. Also, while this strategy has its advantages in terms of minimizing losses, it can not always work in your favor, as it did before when the prices of most currencies dropped sharply.

You have a good point dear friend but from my own point of view this holding will depend on the type of the coin I am holding, if it is the likes of bitcoin, ethereum or litecoin I also suggest holding but aside the coins I will prefer cut loss and look for a way to regain my lose.