Monero mining using ASIC chips integrated with the new HTC phones - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

Monero mining using ASIC chips integrated with the new HTC phones

Monero mining using ASIC chips integrated with the new HTC phones

7cdd7fa877ed76e9b12e3adda9780676fb528ff9
HTC has just unveiled its latest smartphone, able to extract Monero. HTC has partnered with Midas Labs, an ASIC chip design company, to equip its blockchain smartphone called "Exodus 1S". This smartphone will be able to mining directly from Monero (XMR).
ASIC chips are the equipment of famous Antminer, specially developed mining equipment. These chips, which include millions of integrated circuits of a few nanometers, will equip our smartphone soon.
This is the wager HTC has made and vowed to have hash capabilities equivalent to those in our traditional computers, made possible by the specially developed DeMiner app (from Midas). All this with much less energy consumption than traditional mining. The success of this device depends on a large number of users and therefore smart phones equipped with this technology.
Source:
https://www.publish0x.com/cyptonews/monero-mining-smartphone-with-asic-integrated-xgexzw

Of course in the beginning, it should be noted that mining using the new HTC phone differs from mining applications on ordinary phones that cause mobile damage and does not give any results. Here the situation is completely different. This is a new technology that allows mining by mobile using ASIC chips similar to those in ANTMINER devices.
If successful, this idea will be a real revolution in the world of mining, as mining will move from expensive mining equipment that consumes very large amounts of energy to much cheaper smartphones, and most of all, they will consume very weak energy consumption compared to current mining devices.
What do you think is it possible for this phone to succeed in replacing the current mining devices?

This is great. It will encourage fans of mining this coin to buy the new phone, and thus achieve interest for HTC and Monero, which will increase the number of people who know it, and consequently, the high percentage of mining and purchasing.

Edited by magd
  • Useful or interesting 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

6 hours ago, magd said:

This is great. It will encourage fans of mining this coin to buy the new phone, and thus achieve interest for HTC and Monero, which will increase the number of people who know it, and consequently, the high percentage of mining and purchasing.

Yes, that would be great for phone fans and Monero fans. Monroe mining is the easiest and this serious chip that comes with the phone can be the beginning of the spread of mining technology through smart phones.

8 minutes ago, UT2001 said:

This is interesting as I have always been against mining on mobile phones but if the mobile phone actually has a piece of hardware inside it which is designed to do mining then I will retract that statement as then it should not be harming the phone at all either.

Yes friend, with this new technology, the situation is completely different from the old applications that consume the phone battery and cause it harm. Mining here is not done by the phone processor but rather by this compact chip, which is similar to the chips in the ASIC Miner, so you should never worry about damage to the phone.

8 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes friend, with this new technology, the situation is completely different from the old applications that consume the phone battery and cause it harm. Mining here is not done by the phone processor but rather by this compact chip, which is similar to the chips in the ASIC Miner, so you should never worry about damage to the phone.

First time i actually learned something new from the answers so thanks for that 🙂. I understand that it consumes less energy then normal mining, but that's not really surprising considering how much mining uses power in normal way. However, if it consumes so little, how is the mining even profitable and why would i keep it on if it affects my phone battery uptime at all?

One key attribute what i am looking for in new phone is long battery life. And it seems counter productive that the any manufacturer would want to reduce that with proof of work. Especially with phones that they want to keep powered on as long as humanly possible with one recharge.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:31 PM, rekter said:

First time i actually learned something new from the answers so thanks for that 🙂. I understand that it consumes less energy then normal mining, but that's not really surprising considering how much mining uses power in normal way. However, if it consumes so little, how is the mining even profitable and why would i keep it on if it affects my phone battery uptime at all?

One key attribute what i am looking for in new phone is long battery life. And it seems counter productive that the any manufacturer would want to reduce that with proof of work. Especially with phones that they want to keep powered on as long as humanly possible with one recharge.

Thank you, my friend, I am glad that you find this useful, your concern about the battery life is correct because the problem that everyone suffers from is the speed of the battery running out and in the presence of mining it is certain that the battery will run faster than usual, we can not judge the phone except after it has been practically tested. In my opinion, this is a good solution to the problem of high power consumption with regular mining devices, but there must be a solution to the battery running short.

20 hours ago, rezzougali1985 said:

I am also trying to share the topic of the Htc phone that will be mine the monero coin, so it will a additional positive thing hand by thus way the mining will be not risk for the damage of phones by mining, especially if the phone have a asic shipset

If you have this new phone that has an ASIC chip it would be nice to use it for mining Monroe, but if you have a HTC phone that does not have this chip then I advise you to use it for mining because it will definitely cause damage to your phone.

Of course, it is also possible that the phone can change the types of mining and ASIC devices over time, will go by the wayside. There is a chance that the phone, specially tuned for mining, will be profitable. 

10 hours ago, Sezar55 said:

It is a great step in the world of mobile devices and it is launched from the amazing company HTC. Of course, this will increase the desire of mining fans to buy the device and thus benefit from its new features in mining and support for the cryptocurrency.

Yes, HTC made bold and advanced steps in the world of Crypto through the integrated wallet of its phones, and now this compact chip for mining. If this project succeeds, it will completely change mining, especially energy consumption.

The HTC company started doing very wonderful and amazing work, it started adopting cryptocurrencies and its fields and when you do it today is evidence of this, it created a phone that mining cryptocurrencies and it also created a phone that contains an internal wallet to store money and I think we will witness many developments related to the crypto world from During this company

13 hours ago, Brand1 said:

The HTC company started doing very wonderful and amazing work, it started adopting cryptocurrencies and its fields and when you do it today is evidence of this, it created a phone that mining cryptocurrencies and it also created a phone that contains an internal wallet to store money and I think we will witness many developments related to the crypto world from During this company

Yes, right, my friend, it seems that HTC will be among the first companies in this field. I have already written a topic a while ago about the company merging an encryption wallet with its phones and now it is merging this chip for mining via mobile. These are great steps.

6 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, right, my friend, it seems that HTC will be among the first companies in this field.

About cryptocurrencies, samsung has been there too but about creating a phone that will mine, HTC will be thw first of such kind. 

Edited by BitcryptoHan

On 5/21/2020 at 9:02 AM, BitcryptoHan said:

About cryptocurrencies, samsung has been there too but about creating a phone that will mine, HTC will be thw first of such kind. 

Yes, HTC is always a forerunner. It was the first to introduce an encryption wallet to its phones before Samsung and now it merges a mining slice before any other phone company. Indeed, it is a big company and it is good that it is interested in coding.

20 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, HTC is always a forerunner. It was the first to introduce an encryption wallet to its phones before Samsung and now it merges a mining slice before any other phone company. Indeed, it is a big company and it is good that it is interested in coding.

We do mot need to compare, if samsung also support such, some people will buy it. You are although right about HTC which really support and embrace cryptocurrencies. 

On 5/24/2020 at 3:26 PM, valenteeno said:

and what will be the hashrate of such a (tiny) device? most likely negligible as the process of PoW mining is very energy consuming

I don't know how much it will hashrate exactly, But this ASIC chip is similar to the chipset installed in the ordinary ASIC miner devices but it is mini and it consumes 50% less energy than it will, of course there will be energy consumption but it will also be a big saving from the current devices.

Sounds cool and all but I wonder how efficient it turns out. Probably will suck the battery dry and give the user couple cents for it. It might be a gimmick but who knows, just have to wait and see how it all turns out. I'm interested either way.

6 hours ago, neurolicious said:

Sounds cool and all but I wonder how efficient it turns out. Probably will suck the battery dry and give the user couple cents for it. It might be a gimmick but who knows, just have to wait and see how it all turns out. I'm interested either way.

My dear this is not a fraud, it is designed by the HTC mobile giant, this is not just a deceptive mining application. This mobile phone is equipped with an ASIC mining chip. As for the battery, it saves 50% of energy consumption.

I do not think this phone has been launched already, and when I read it on coindesk, it is really costly but built to mine Montero having modern days computer ability to mine. 

7 hours ago, Yomose said:

I do not think this phone has been launched already, and when I read it on coindesk, it is really costly but built to mine Montero having modern days computer ability to mine. 

Yes, it is true, in fact the phone is expensive and I do not think that mining will be profitable as it will cover the high price of the mobile in a short period, but in all cases this is a new and good start, especially with regard to providing large energy consumed in mining. And I expect its price to decrease after a period of time.

I read your post before but just now I noticed that it says that the phone will be using ASIC technology for mining. I remember monero became recently ASIC resistant. It is a bit contradicting as ASIC chips have one function only, to solve SHA256 algorithm. Perhaps the chip bypasses the checks done by monero software and manages to mine efficiently, still Monero can hard-fork again and block this chip from mining as well. Although I will still have to read about it and find out how the Exodus chip is bypassing the ASIC resistance features .

3 hours ago, BTC Future said:

I read your post before but just now I noticed that it says that the phone will be using ASIC technology for mining. I remember monero became recently ASIC resistant.

It was on crypto news and this is real, the phone company make dialogue with monero platform before they want to create such a phone and the dialogue was successful. It is for mining monero specifically. 

6 hours ago, BTC Future said:

I read your post before but just now I noticed that it says that the phone will be using ASIC technology for mining. I remember monero became recently ASIC resistant. It is a bit contradicting as ASIC chips have one function only, to solve SHA256 algorithm. Perhaps the chip bypasses the checks done by monero software and manages to mine efficiently, still Monero can hard-fork again and block this chip from mining as well. Although I will still have to read about it and find out how the Exodus chip is bypassing the ASIC resistance features .

Yes, it is true that Monero can branch out again and prevent this chip from mining and if that happens this phone will become useless in mining because as you mentioned these chips are designed to work on only one algorithm. I don’t know what HTC would do in such a situation.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:33 AM, Crypto123 said:

Yes, it is true that Monero can branch out again and prevent this chip from mining and if that happens this phone will become useless in mining because as you mentioned these chips are designed to work on only one algorithm. I don’t know what HTC would do in such a situation.

@Crypto123 It is not possible, all negotiation has been made between the phone company and monero platform. Do you not think why it is made specifically for monero? It is a win to win for the both company. 

29 minutes ago, BitcryptoHan said:

@Crypto123 It is not possible, all negotiation has been made between the phone company and monero platform. Do you not think why it is made specifically for monero? It is a win to win for the both company. 

Yes, it is true, this is a win for both companies. This phone was specially made for Monroe mining and the mining chip was combined with it and it is dedicated to Monroe mining, of course in addition to the many other nice features in the smartphone.

Many people know that mining cannot be done on the phone because it is not profitable, but this news is good. This path has changed with the use of these chips. Anyone in the future can easily mining through these devices, but I do not know the amount of mining and profit from this method.