Comparing the value of different projects - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rekter

Comparing the value of different projects

I see that lot's of people have misunderstood how the projects are valued so here we go:

Coin that's being priced as $0.0005 or under it doesn't mean it's cheap, just like some coin being priced over $10k or $20k doesn't mean it's "expensive", not in any way.

Because that's not enough information to define the value.

Price of of a single "full" coin doesn't mean anything by itself, because that's not how you compare it to other projects. If the project has a low supply, the price of a single coin can easily be valued higher then the project with a large circulating supply.

Coins are valued by marketcap and that's counted by (circulating_supply * price_per_coin), so when i hear XRP for being "cheap" compared to others, i cringe because it's not. With the current price of $0.187759 XRP is 2nd most expensive altcoin out there. Not "cheap". Monero for example with the current price of $54.75 is over 18 times cheaper then XRP.

So there, be free to ask something if i need to explain it further.

Edit: (11.4.2020) - Changed the topic from "Value of a coin or a token" to "Comparing the value of different projects", because the original topic seemed to cause confusion.

Edited by rekter
  • Useful or interesting 13
  • +1 5
  • +2 7
  • +3 4
  • +4 7

I liked this participation a lot because it is rich in the necessary explanation and clarification that everyone needs. As for me, I always prefer to use currencies because the symbols are not safe and their projects may be fraudulent.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • -1 1
  • +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Thank you for this clear explanation. I only trade in well-known currencies that are highly valued because it is safer for me because I am a beginner in trading.

• -4 1
  • +1 1
  • +4 2

Your post is very good. Your post is very important. I will encrypt coins because it works well in the market and I can have good idea about coins, so trading on coins is the best.

• -3 1
  • +1 1

5 hours ago, Nezar said:

I liked this participation a lot because it is rich in the necessary explanation and clarification that everyone needs. As for me, I always prefer to use currencies because the symbols are not safe and their projects may be fraudulent.

We cannot trust the diversity of digital currency symbols, because usually the token / coin project is usually dead. then it's better to avoid things that aren't clear yet.

• +1 1

17 hours ago, rekter said:

I see that lot's of people have misunderstood how the projects are valued so here we go:

Coin that's being priced as $0.0005 or under it doesn't mean it's cheap, just like some coin being priced over $10k or $20k doesn't mean it's "expensive", not in any way.

Because that's not enough information to define the value.

Price of of a single "full" coin doesn't mean anything by itself, because that's not how you compare it to other projects. If the project has a low supply, the price of a single coin can easily be valued higher then the project with a large circulating supply.

Coins are valued by marketcap and that's counted by (circulating_supply * price_per_coin), so when i hear XRP for being "cheap" compared to others, i cringe because it's not. With the current price of $0.187759 XRP is 2nd most expensive altcoin out there. Not "cheap". Monero for example with the current price of $54.75 is over 18 times cheaper then XRP.

So there, be free to ask something if i need to explain it further.

Sure mate you are right in your participation and I'm great full for this valuable information you have shared it has given me some knowledge towards the exact thing that makes a coin to be valuable thanks for sharing.

• -3 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 2

I saw the value of every coins in the market is decreasing rapidly because of the crisis that we're encountering right now. If this crisis ends, the value of every coins or tokens in the market will back to the original value of it or maybe overpassed to it especially bitcoin and XRP(ripple). 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • -5 1
  • -1 1
  • +1 1

You are right  id any coins  price is down we cannot  call it cheap.  But we also cannot  get good  profit from  That coins because  they rates increase  very  often. 

• -2 1
  • +1 1

12 hours ago, Adiba1212 said:

Each new currency is a small price and within several months it becomes larger and can become a larger currency. The value of each small or large currency is simply a price that indicates the strength of the currency or its weakness in the market

Well, not all the coins are being increased within several months mate, example of this is the YODA coin, YODA coin is having a great value when this is released and when the another day pass, the price of it are being dumped or being a useless.

• -3 1

There is a great and very useful participation. There is a big difference between the currency and the symbol. Personally, I prefer to always use the currency because it is more famous and safer and has a more future than symbols.

• -3 1

What i see that each new currency has a small price

And within several months its become larger price.

They indicated always strength and weakness of 

Small and large currency and now a days trading

Value is good.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Certainly there is a difference between the currency and the symbol, and I prefer to work in the currency because some symbols may be without any value and may be fraud projects, and we also know that the strength of any currency depends on the value that is offered by it.

@Zaino34There might be some sort of translator error happening in here because you are not the first person saying "Symbols" and i have no idea what you guys are talking about. I am not comparing tokens between coins or something like that, i am explaining how the value comparison is made with different projects.

• +1 1

31 minutes ago, Mazen1996 said:

Hello my friend
Is it for you that the xrp must be higher than this price? I know that the ripple has a great future, unlike the rest of the currencies, but I do not know why it is so low because of the non-offer of all currencies or because of what exactly?

Hi, unfortunately you need to polish your grammar if you want an clear answer to that. Are you asking why the price of the one single XRP coin is so low compared to other coins below on the marketcap? That's because of the larger circulating supply.

Edited by rekter
typo
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

You are right!The price of a coin doesn't tell that it's expensive or cheap.Bitcoin's price is 6k$.It mean if we have this amount we can buy one bitcoin.On the other hand we can also buy many coins.The thing is coin's price doesn't tell the cheapity or expansiveness!

• +1 1

True, we must make investments in the safe field and avoid risk in the areas in which we do not understand or unreliable currencies, even though this field can make great wealth for the people here.

• +1 1

Very good information. I was also wondering ablut that why every one talk about xrp, Eth, LTC however its value is low as compared to others but now i get the answer of it. 

Thank you for providing this information as this has ckeared some of the points that i was stuck on and it is also helpful to me in leading to a better results and observations and also getting well in decision regarding coins.

• +1 1

Basically I thought that the value on buying a full coins is more of The way the value of that coin is on the market, as jus like when my impression on the price of bitcoin is low, basically as the value dropped, but having this in mind on how to calculate the price now is helpful

• +1 2

On 4/12/2020 at 11:21 AM, Seline34 said:

Thank you and for the information and explanations that your topic contains, it is really very useful, but I never use symbols.

I assume that you were talking about "Tokens" and it got translated to "Symbols". But i wasn't even talking about tokens. This topic was about valuation, and comparing prices.

Well bro you give good explanation about coin prices, yes some times good coins also reach certain prices and they can't do any moment for years, but some low prices coins performed very well and hit good prices, then we earn 10x profit is short period so don't any coin with their prices.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Yes, your words are true. Projects should not be evaluated according to the value and price of their currency. When the currency is cheap, it does not mean that its project is a failure. For example, the XRP coin has a very strong project and it is an excellent currency & However, its price is low.

• +1 4

THINK POSITIVE

45 minutes ago, bentayebsalah said:

Yes, your words are true. Projects should not be evaluated according to the value and price of their currency. When the currency is cheap, it does not mean that its project is a failure. For example, the XRP coin has a very strong project and it is an excellent currency & However, its price is low.

It also doesn't mean that the price of one single XRP coin could ever reach to the price of ETH for example. If the price is low or not is irrelevant, it doesn't mean anything, only marketcap value says if the coins are cheap or not.

Edited by rekter
  • +1 1

any project can not be underestimated by its value.there are many good pronect launched like xrp who Are having a low price but a strong project that is stable form very long time.so project with low price can't be considered as failure

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 4/22/2020 at 4:07 AM, Mohammadztzt1 said:

Hello my friend
I completely agree with you, as the currency value is never determined by its price in the market, as there are factors such as the amount of liquidity in the market now, the maximum amount of liquidity for it, in addition to returning to its goal, the extent of its circulation, the amount of money it was able to collect in the ICO stage, and other factors.

True, i should have put that too as a sign of vitalitily (or an on going pump). But i wasn't really talking about how wanted or healthy the projects are. Marketcap and liquidity can be "faked" too if you control the supply and flow and have enough funding. It's more like a meter for which project has room to grow and how much.

For example some people don't seem to understand that xrp doesn't get to rise from $0.2 to $7000 like bitcoin because of the supply is too high. If it would cost even $1000 bucks per piece, it would need to have something like an over 300 times of a current btc marketcap. And that's realistically not going to happen with a centralized ledger.

• -1 1