What are the crypto trading mistakes that you've made? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
jewelettes

What are the crypto trading mistakes that you've made?

All of us have been noobs to cryptotrading at some points in time. I still consider myself as a newbie, I'm still learning . But cryptocurrency is still a young industry and there are plenty of room to learn. Mistakes are part of the learning curves.

As noobs, I have made several trading errors and looking back, those made me laugh. Those include sending to an exchange with wallet on maintenance, sending to a coin to a different coin address, sending coins to a closing exchange, and just abandoning a coin that was delisted on one exchange. I didn't know about qt wallet before 😜

How about you? Do you have some cryptotrading mistakes to share?

• Useful or interesting 15
  • +1 10
  • +2 5
  • +3 6
  • +4 3

lately ive been making so many mistakes, ive been impatient on my trades for example i bought BITTUBE at 108 and sold it at 10 but it dumped to 90sat and i wanted to buy but the price jumped to 160 sat, same mistake it INK sold it at 13sat but it rallied up to 24 sat😓

i made some mistakes in crypto which are following

i hold liza coin and did not sold it on high price due to greed so i get loss in it

then 2nd reason is over confidence it is also bad for the members

• +2 1

2 hours ago, lotysheduard said:

I consider myself a beginner, too. But I realized one thing, in my opinion the main thing-is not to listen to anyone, think with your head and trust your intuition. And mistakes Have all been and will be almost the same

Yeah, I agree. We all have to do our research. At the end of the day, it is our money and our decision.

When I started trading, my biggest mistake was following signs, and the second biggest was not respecting my own trading plan or my rules, letting myself be carried away by what the others were saying.

• +1 1

41 minutes ago, duncun007 said:

lately ive been making so many mistakes, ive been impatient on my trades for example i bought BITTUBE at 108 and sold it at 10 but it dumped to 90sat and i wanted to buy but the price jumped to 160 sat, same mistake it INK sold it at 13sat but it rallied up to 24 sat😓

I had those mistakes too. I bought coins on a pump then have to sell on a dump to minimize loss. What I did was to wait until price settled and bought some which I then traded continuously until I recouped what I invested and gained a considerably good profit. 

18 minutes ago, s888 said:

i hold liza coin and did not sold it on high price due to greed so i get loss in it

I bought liza also and invest them on investbox. But my timing wasn't really good. The rest is history 😜

• +1 1

I begin trading in crypto currencies with my own money but i was newbie so I have made a lot of mistakes and decisions that cause me to lost a lot of money. One of them is that i have sold bitcoin when it was at a low price! I didn't understand first then I realized that i lost money! 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

The biggest mistake I made was, I always compared the prices in USD and not in BTC. The coins I have bought grown in USD but lost in BTC value. 

My first mistake is that when i have a lots of free bitcoin come from some referral program, i used it as a free gift, i tried to increased btc by buying coin with low volume and sell it when it pump but i never get it high, instead the coin i bought its delisted or  disappear. I invest into bitcoin but only buy high, when it down to $3,000.00, it did not buy any bitcoin, this is my second mistake.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Me and one of my friends both joined a website where you could invest your Bitcoin for 10% interest every day! Obviously I thought it was a bit high, and we always thought it was a scam, but they genuinely paid and we could withdraw for a while. And then one day, the website disappeared, and so did their Facebook page and Twitter account. We both lost a lot of money!

• +2 1

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

4 hours ago, jewelettes said:

How about you? Do you have some cryptotrading mistakes to share

I remember buying Hydro at it very peak without doing any research or consulting anyone if it's a good buy because it's always known to moon overnight. The price went back by 50% and I sold at loss.

16 minutes ago, williamz902 said:

And then one day, the website disappeared, and so did their Facebook page and Twitter account. We both lost a lot of money!

I'm sorry for your loss. 

It's risky for invest in platforms like this one because they always exit scam once there is no funds coming in for them. The only people that make profit are the early members and promoters that have lots of people under them. 

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

i am doing lot of mistakes in the crypto trading because i am new trader, i am still in the learning stage so mistakes are our best teacher and i always learn from them so i become happy when i do mistakes.

• +1 1

Hard Worker 😎😎

Me being greedy in trading, I didn't sell my tokens when I gained profit because I thought the price will increase more, but suddenly the price dump and I lost my profit.. but lesson learned to not to be greedy.. be satisfied what you have earn.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

4 hours ago, jewelettes said:

sending to an exchange with wallet on maintenance, sending to a coin to a different coin address, sending coins to a closing exchange, and just abandoning a coin that was delisted on one exchange. I didn't know about qt wallet before

Maybe this is a common mistake. It does not include trade mistakes.

Incorrect pricing of stop-limit orders may include trading errors. Or buying too fast. And I have experienced it.

• +1 1

in 2018, i buy token from ico. seems like promising, until i know, dev sold their tokens on exchange, and i've lost almost 75%. and because that, im never and never buy ico, again. better lost in dice than we get fooled like that. 😂

• +1 1

My biggest mistake in cryptocurrency trading is the moment when I had the opportunity to buy a lot of Bitcoins at price of $ 280, but I didn't use this opportunity.

Sell/Buy music, sound fx, video footage, photos, vector images and more
for projects, movies and any commercial purposes

https://www.motionelements.com

Yes,I have something to tell too 😇 Once I saw BTC 's price were %20 up from other exchanges at the website i was trading.Then i thought i could make money with this and suddenly it went to deep 😶

• +1 1

I will share this always and i will not be ashamed of this as this is one of the biggest lesson i've ever learned.

I joined a bounty before ( 2017) the payment was sent at the month of December! I was in need of money that time (FIAT) so i decided to exchange my tokens for Ethereum and convert it to PHP. the total money i got was more than a thousand dollars. I know that i should have wait for a week at least because the demand is really high and the trend is upwards. I have no choice i have a family to feed and it was my son's birthday. after 3 days, YES just 3 days and the money i must get was more than 20,000 USD! you read it right the token price grew more than 20X.

6 hours ago, s888 said:

All Time High (ATH) is made to be passed. I don't think it's a big mistake to get your currency in the long run. It is very possible that the future ATH will be much higher.

Biggest mistake in crypto trading is that when you invest in some coins then you never analyze that where market goes and without analyzing all trading are goes wrong and you loss your investment

• +1 1

When you trade in coins and suddenly the coins go up and you are not on p.c .the moment of loss where you think why i move from my p.c .that happend to me very often.can not do anything about this.😂

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/17/2019 at 10:40 PM, jewelettes said:

All of us have been noobs to cryptotrading at some points in time. I still consider myself as a newbie, I'm still learning . But cryptocurrency is still a young industry and there are plenty of room to learn. Mistakes are part of the learning curves.

As noobs, I have made several trading errors and looking back, those made me laugh. Those include sending to an exchange with wallet on maintenance, sending to a coin to a different coin address, sending coins to a closing exchange, and just abandoning a coin that was delisted on one exchange. I didn't know about qt wallet before 😜

I got shilled over and over again with REQ, I ate the meme, I spent money on that and I lost money lol. I will not believe anymore in coins shilled on forums or chats, lmao. I was dumb and I paid for my mistake as newbie trader.

• +1 1

On 10/17/2019 at 10:40 PM, jewelettes said:

Rush into the entries, take positions without seeing consistent entries, make massive purchases without having an apparent sense of where to leave, there are several but I have learned from those mistakes that is important for me as a trader, I have come to improvise many trades to understand the courage to make mistakes and learn a hard but healthy lesson, so my trades have improved a lot by putting much more seriousness.

• +1 1

Trading with out any knowledge of the market that i am trading on, trading without a proper strategy, chasing losses , placing big sized trades which eventually led to a big loss, trading on the wrong exchanges..those are some of mine in the past.

• +1 1