Is it possible to have two separate wallets for BTC inside an exchange? - Page 2 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

Is it possible to have two separate wallets for BTC inside an exchange?

I don't know any exchange that provide users with multiple btc addresses, as far as I know Binance, kucoin and Yobit only give you one btc address that you can use, but you can use two exchange account from the same exchange and move your assets such as bitcoin between them, both Yobit and Binance have a way of transferring coins between two or more trading accounts and because those transfers are internal they are pretty quick to go through and you don't have to wait like a normal external transaction and more importantly those transactions will be without fees as well.

Edited by lharost
  • +2 1

Ashiw much I have knowledge that It is not possible to create two bitcoin wallets separately in the cryptocurrency exchange. It is my advice for you that you use two exchanges to do this, that is, half of your bitcoins.as how much I understand

• +2 2

On 7/7/2020 at 1:25 PM, Sanghar said:

Ashiw much I have knowledge that It is not possible to create two bitcoin wallets separately in the cryptocurrency exchange. It is my advice for you that you use two exchanges to do this, that is, half of your bitcoins.as how much I understand

Yes, I can not be possible, exchanged are also API key wallets not to talk of using BIP 44 for coins stored. BIP44 is the bitcoin improvement proposal that is responsible for multiple accounts like having two btc wallet on one account, but no exchange offer this. 

• +1 2

On 6/25/2020 at 9:34 PM, Thekingcallme said:

I have not seen any exchanger that provides you with several bitcoin wallets, and for this matter, it is not possible only for the wallets that provide you with that

There is no exchange that support such, it is not possible. 

7 hours ago, Yomose said:

Yes, I can not be possible, exchanged are also API key wallets not to talk of using BIP 44 for coins stored. BIP44 is the bitcoin improvement proposal that is responsible for multiple accounts like having two btc wallet on one account, but no exchange offer this.

In short, exchanges are custodian means, although there are noncustodial ones and still have only one wallet do each coin. This is even not possible at all to all exchanges.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:25 PM, Sanghar said:

Ashiw much I have knowledge that It is not possible

Not that it is not possible by not yet applicable to any exchange. 

• +2 1

On 7/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, DiamondBit said:

In short, exchanges are custodian means, although there are noncustodial ones and still have only one wallet do each coin. This is even not possible at all to all exchanges.

I get your point, exchanges are custodian, yes I agree but there are also noncustodial exchanges. And i think no exchange even custodial or noncustodial that will support the bip44. It is applicable to only wallets. 

• +2 1

I understand what  you want one exchange but you need to different bitcoin wallets in same exchange, but I used exchange not gives this facilities like coinbase and yobit exchange,  I think other exchange gives this facility but I don't no this exchange.

• +1 1

I did not find any option to create a separate wallet for different types of trade. It is necessary for me because I want to separate my short and long term benefit

There are undoubtedly exchanges that support such a system. Many here have already recommended them, I will not repeat. But I had a similar experience, not with bitcoin, of course, but with another coin. Then I used the old grandfather's way - I just recorded all the operations in a convenient app on my phone. I created a table with several columns in which I recorded the trading method, profit, loss, and so on. It may not be so convenient, but it can be used on any exchange.

With some exchanges it is possible but if you want to keep a long term position having a wallet on one exchange and another on another exchange it may be better for Bitcoin in addition sometimes it allows you to make arbitrage between 2 exchanges that have different BTC prices.
And normally it is better to keep some of your BTC yourself in the event of an exchange hack so to have at least one wallet on an exchange and at least one wallet of your own with private key.

I don't think exchanges have that type of property but it is possible in a couple of wallets. 

If you do day trading and also holding short term, I think it is better to use a wallet for holding. It is never a safe practice keeping coin in exchanges anyways. There is a little way to avoid it with day trading I understand but short term holding in exchanges should be avoided as much as possible.

• +2 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

I think you should keep bitcoin in a cold wallet. If your trading account has problems, your remaining bitcoins will be safe.

• +2 1

There are a number of exchanges that divide the balance for you into two parts, one for trading and one for storing, and you transfer the amount you want to the trading account section and the amount you want to store remains in the main account. An example of this is the Kucoin platform.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

There are many sites that provide statistical analysis service for your balance on the exchanges through API service, but they are paid, I do not know a free service to provide you with it, but it is really worth because you will focus on what is useful to you through the statistical data that you receive.

• +2 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Yes it is very possible having two address one exchange is not something bad assuming one of the address has problem you can easily switch to the other one but I think only blockchain has that kind of features or did anyone here know another one?

Have never heard of having two separate wallets for a coin inside the same exchange, I don't think most of the exchanges allows such. Although, it is not advisable to keep all your coins and investment on the same exchange  it is risky and not advisable, rather it is best to have different exchange for different coins.