Difference between BTC and LTC - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Shivam1

Difference between BTC and LTC

The differences are vast Bitcoin is the base and the owner of the basic blockchain, while ltc is a derivative of the Bitcoin blockchain and was built on it Of course, this leads to the price and direction of the LTC movement linked to the movement and price of the BTC

In fact, the difference is not so great. Litecoin is an altcoin, if I'm not mistaken. Bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrencies. The difference in price, and the auction! Bitcoin is a very valuable currency than litecoin, and the exchange rate for these coins can make a big difference! Because of its significance.

• +2 1

I think one of the major difference is the speed to which one can transfer the same. the greatest work is today to really keep a good chance for you there is a right idea for you to really keep everything working perfectly for you there is a lot of good that comes with it . put together the two difference, speed and fee for transfer

• +5 1

bitcoins are way on old generations it rised up on the economy value as until now its still great but not that really great while ltc are the new generations coin as nothing very big yet has changed it doesnt have the big value compared to btc.

Each and every cryptocurency is different in it's own way.

Bitcoin is the oldest crypto asset and its widely used for adoption. BTC is limited. It has different features than that of LTC.

Its all in the value and its in the transaction speed, thats the only difference I can make, I have Used LCT and not bitcoin and this is true, LCT is very fast, absolutely very fast , but not as fast as Ripple, so far Ripple has won , though trying to get the difference between TRX and Ripple because I here they are almost the same.

There are two differences  them, the furst one is of the rate of boyh and second one is the demand of them, btc is more useful  and valued in both things than  ltc, as Ltc is a bit new and btc is the oldest one in the market  of cryptocurrency. 

Bitcoin is the first crypto currency that was first emerged so it is considered as the mother of all crypto currency then any coin that come after it is called alt coin so there are differences between them the following are the few differences :

1. The invesntor of bitcoin is not known but that of Bitcoin are known examples of altcoin are Ethereum, xrp, litecoin, and others there are thousands of altcoins.

2. Bitcoin is a popular coin but not all altcoins are popular some are only knew by few number of people's.

Although these two coins are similar in the way that they operate but it is very different. Litecoin is more faster than Bitcoin and is also easier to mine. Bitcoin is more valuable but litecoin seems to have some more features above Bitcoin. This is not surprising owing to the fact that it came after Bitcoin.

There are numerous distinctions why bitcoin is not quite the same as LTC. Most importantly, these are exchanging volumes on trades of trades. At that point the value, bitcoin is significantly more costly than LTC.

I think the difference between BTC and LTC is in price through the price movement of cryptocurrencies, bitcoin remains the most expensive, while litecoin is much less expensive, and frankly when I joined the platform, I first heard Bitcoin

On 4/5/2020 at 10:30 AM, Shivam1 said:

Hey my intelligent friends I have a question 

We always use BTC and LTC in crypto currency for trade. We also know BTC and LTC both are coins. But what is the actual difference between these two coins. Please give a useful opinion.

Of course the very clear difference is in the price, Bitcoin is much more expensive than Litecoin, another difference from the Bitcoin logo and the Litecoin logo. Apart from that, bitcoin is the king of crypto while Litecoin is an altcoin which when viewed in the Coinmarketcap order, Bitcoin is at the very top, and Litecoin is in tenth position.

12 hours ago, Mosab73 said:

I think the difference between BTC and LTC is in price through the price movement of cryptocurrencies, bitcoin remains the most expensive, while litecoin is much less expensive, and frankly when I joined the platform, I first heard Bitcoin

To summarize the differences between these two coins we come to the following:

1 - LTC is easier to mine with much cheaper mining equipment

2 - LTC is cheaper to buy but can be traded for gaining profit due to acceptable level of price movements

3 - BTC uses SHA-256 hash function while LTC uses Scrypt

4 - BTC mining is more profitable than LTC

5 - LTC has less transaction fees

6 - LTC has bigger supply

Edited by Brushless4500KV
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Litecoin was created by Charlie Lee as some kind of hard fork from the bitcoin code on the genesis block and it is not very different to Bitcoin since it is a copy of it. It has secure blockchain and good hashrate but it will never become Bitcoin or be a better investment.

• +3 1

I think they made LTC so that if the amount of BTC runs out then there are still cryptocurrency to be mine, also based on what I read LTC is more advance that BTC in a way that it is faster to solve one block which is 2.5 minutes I think while BTC took 10 minutes. There are also a lot of LTC circulating on the market than BTC do. But despite of that BTC still the leading and most popular cryptocurrency compared to LTC. Here is the link that would help you to more understand the comparison between BTC and LTC.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/litecoin.asp#:~:text=Litecoin is a peer-to,and liquidity over the years.

LTC is litecoin and created a few years later as a faster version of Bitcoin. The average time of blocks for Bitcoin is 10 minutes and for Litecoin close to 2 minutes, this is the main difference and fees are very low averaging all these years. It is a faster clone from Bitcoin but it is not valued so much for many reasons as hashrate of the network and less miners that make it less secure too.

There are numerous distinctions why bitcoin is not the same as LTC. Above all else, these are exchanging volumes on trades of trades. At that point the value, bitcoin is considerably more costly than LTC.

21 hours ago, Aolugojo sama said:

There are numerous distinctions why bitcoin is not the same as LTC. Above all else, these are exchanging volumes on trades of trades. At that point the value, bitcoin is considerably more costly than LTC.

The price of bitcoin is higher than the price of litecoin, but that does not mean we should bring the word 'cost' into this because you can even buy as low as $5 worth of bitcoin. And we should know that bitcoin has the highest marketcap and litecoin is nothing compared to bitcoin. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Just now, Hman786 said:

Bitcoin and litecoin are the main coins of cryptocurrency. There are many diffrence between these two coins. The main diffrence is that the average time of blocks making bitcoin is 10 minutes and the litecoin is 2 minutes. It is the big diffrence between in it. People uses both coins for trading but i use bitcoin for trading.

That is right both of them are the main coins of this world and more than that investors preffer more LTC than other cryptocurrencies cause of low fee transactions. Since l have been here, prefer using LTC for transactions. 

Bitcoin is the first digital currency which has it own personal blockchain and it is the most expensive Cryptocurrency in the Cryptocurrency marketplace. While, Litecoin is an altcoin which means alternative coin and it share group with the likes of ethereum,xrp,waves etc which are all less expensive that bitcoin. Aside bitcoin any other coin is refered to as altcoin.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Actually when we compare Bitcoin with any other coin, we can feel its dominance. Comparing the market cap, as of may Bitcoin was just under $128 billion and LTC under $3 billion. Litecoin can produce more coin than bitcoin and also its transaction speed is faster than BTC. Both are different. I think that usually LITECOIN trading is beneficial for small traders. 

• +2 1

As far as I know, Litecoin's technical part is very similar to bitcoin, but there are also some differences like age, blocks size and many other things  This cryptocurrency is faster and cheaper. I prefer use Ltc to transfer my funds from exchanges. 

Edited by nykas

I am a new user in the cryptotalk world. As I Kon BTC and LTC are both coins of trading.and also they are the crypto currency for the investment . Can anyone tell the real difference between these coins .nolz guide.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:30 AM, Shivam1 said:

Hey my intelligent friends I have a question 

We always use BTC and LTC in crypto currency for trade. We also know BTC and LTC both are coins. But what is the actual difference between these two coins. Please give a useful opinion. 

The difference between bitcoin and Litecoin, bitcoin has a high trading volume, while Litecoin has a lower trading volume than Bitcoin, we can see that on Coinmarketcap Bitcoin is in the first position while Litecoin is in the tenth position. In addition, a very striking difference is in terms of price the difference is very far. If bitcoin is selling for around $ 10,800, while Litecoin is around $ 47.

Edited by Onden