I send money to wrong address - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Donslens10

I send money to wrong address

In 2016, I desperately needed to send 50 dollars worth of Bitcoin to a friend.
It turns out that I had the virus on my pc that changes the address that copies of btc, for the address of the virus, that is, the address that the creator of the virus owns.
That was in Coinpayments, I was in a hurry and I sent the money without teaching it twice, my mistake was that because I was in a hurry I did not see the container, just trust me and do not check before sending.
After a while, I realized, hell ... I wanted to break the PC.
In the background, my btc were lost and I was scammed by a virus foolishly for rushing, always check the shipping container before making a transaction, there are many traps out there.

3 minutes ago, Donslens10 said:

It turns out that I had the virus on my pc that changes the address that copies of btc, for the address of the virus, that is, the address that the creator of the virus owns.
That was in Coinpayments, I was in a hurry and I sent the money without teaching it twice, my mistake was that because I was in a hurry I did not see the container, just trust me and do not check before sending.
In the background, my btc were lost and I was scammed by a virus foolishly for rushing, always check the shipping container before making a transaction, there are many traps out there.

That is true! there are so many traps in the community. the more popular the currency the more scammers wants to have the trap. dude, how much was 1 Bitcoin when you send those 50 USD to your fried (scammer account). well lesson learned!

7 minutes ago, Donslens10 said:

In the background, my btc were lost and I was scammed by a virus foolishly for rushing, always check the shipping container before making a transaction, there are many traps out there

Sorry for your loss mate, I think you need to be more careful next time to prevent such  mistake from happening again. I think your pc is compromised already, it's best to format your OS.

• +2 2

I am sorry to hear that my friend. Unfortunately, there exists alot of such types of viruses and malwares. We should always try to stay on top alert be on the lookout for such things by regularly scanning your PC and never downloading any untrusted things.

• +1 1

On 10/18/2019 at 12:54 AM, Donslens10 said:

You made mistake and of course, that will turn into lesson. Even though you checked it twice since you said that the address was not sent to you but sent to other address, then you would still thought that it was your address. Can you mention where did you get that virus so that everyone would know? 

• +1 1

On 10/17/2019 at 9:59 PM, cryptokram said:

That is true! there are so many traps in the community. the more popular the currency the more scammers wants to have the trap. dude, how much was 1 Bitcoin when you send those 50 USD to your fried (scammer account). well lesson learned!

In the crypto market there are so many scammers and hacker will work in it and they make their own exchanges and you are right that these peoples will make a community and they regularly start to invest in their exchange or in their coin when peoples will buy the coin and they collect good money then they close their exchange and we lost our all money.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Be careful with those type of various, careful check what you copy after pasting it in the send area of your account

• Useful or interesting 1

In crypto transection, we should be very careful about every steps. We can return our payments in fiat transections luke paypal but it is totally impossible in blockchain.

Bengali?

View this Topic

It happened to me once but my luck was with me. I checked before get the withdrawal from a site that the address I copied was not mine. It was changed.

You need to be prudent when sending cryptocurrency to another account and look at the receipt of the check and compare the sender's address with a valid one. At least I did not have such actions. 

Understanding how hard it feels to be with someone who does this work, online cheating is an everyday occurrence, if you do it quickly and slowly, it doesn't happen.If you go away, it is not possible to get it back.Thanks to sharing your experience to learn more.   

On 10/18/2019 at 12:54 AM, Donslens10 said:

I've also experience this but I'm just glad that it's just a little amount but it's still hurts a bit because that's my hard earned token.Ypu were right we must be very careful in making transactions or withdrawals try to check everytime we do it.

Yes, there are so many traps out there. about virus it's good you check your PC first, do not let your personal data obtained by other people.

Because of the happening to your coins you will be careful for next time, you learned a lesson from this to secure your wallets and also you need to double checked the wallet address that you will send a money.

This needs to be watched even more for us to carefully check the address when making a transaction because the credit alone cannot be returned if we fill in the wrong number

If you conduct transactions on the same wallet, most wallets have a function that allows you to send cryptocurrency to the same address, if it sees that you often transfer money there, I always use it to God forbid not to send bitcoin is not clear to whom.

• +1 1

Only from-for such cases, I above than send someone means'm checking introduced I might with spaces or without, and case'm checking manually on 5 minutes worded moreover whom I'm sending (to not be mistaken)

• +2 1

Yes, this is a very dangerous virus. My device was infected once and I wrote a topic here about this virus and how to get rid of it, it changes the addresses of the governor to different addresses belonging to the owner of the virus. You need to download a virus protection program and delete the virus file.

This is the big problem that i experienced. i withdraw money from hitbitc to freewallet platform. coin is XMO. i withdraw my XMO that was in hitbitc wallet to freewallet. however i suddenly experienced that xmo has changed and now its called XMC. i used xmo wallet address and now more than 2 months gone but no coins arrives in my xmo wallet. Correct address is really a big issue in crypto world.

Yes I agree with you, we should always be careful, especially when we are hurry, we can't see anything suspicious, so I suggest to check before any deposit or withdrawal, and do some viruses scan from time to time 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

There is another case which is very rare but may happen to you. Let me explain a little more. Suppose you have to receive some BTC from someone. You don't know exactly how much BTC he/she wants to send to your wallet, you only know that some amount is being sent to your wallet. After that you will receive some BTC in your wallet. How can you make sure that the amount you have just been received, has been sent by the person who wanted to send BTC to you or by another unknown person by mistake? You don't know and can't discover from whom you have received your BTC.

Something similar to this has happened to one of my friends. He was waiting for some BTC payment. He received it and thought that this is the payment he was waiting for. But a day after that, he received another BTC payment! He still doesn't know which one of them is the right payment. He only knows that one of them has been sent by a person to the wrong address and the wrong address is my friend's address!

• +2 1

That was bad experience but i'm really sure it can be good experience for you, So you will be more careful when sending or receiving some crypto and always making sure to check out the address, Guys please pay more attention before you sending or receiving!

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 10/17/2019 at 6:54 PM, Donslens10 said:

Oh I remember when this virus was going around and how so many people fell for it because  people trusted copy and paste and didn't check again after they paste but I think that stopped now and im sorry for your loss bro.