I send money to wrong address - Page 8 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Donslens10

I send money to wrong address

On 6/14/2020 at 5:25 PM, Moaz said:

Unfortunately this often happens with people who wish to send bitcoin or any cryptocurrency they copy the wrong address of the coin due to the wheel and lack of attention, so it is necessary to check again and again in the address and verify it before sending the cryptocurrency.

Sometimes they copy the correct address but have malware in their system that change the address to one that belongs to a scammer. This is common problem with people that keep downloading apps and browser extensions thinkin that a few satoshi will change anything. 

Careful guys don't download any browser extensions or applications unless you are absolutely certain that they are legit.

On 5/16/2020 at 3:07 PM, MarsDota2 said:

Copy and paste sometimes have an error and input a wrong number so you really need to take a glimpse before you send it. You also need to check all the things you out there and make sure that it is all a good things.

Well, I'm doing a copy and paste when I'm putting my wallet address in withdrawal request and i didn't receive any error with that but make sure you will double check it to be sure there's no problem with it.

This sounds strange to me because I have never heard of this type of scamming system before sorry for that loss but still I will like to advise you to always make sure you cross check any wallet address you want to transfer funds to because not only you many people have done this type of mistakes by sending funds to wrong wallet address so always make sure you check the address before sending. 

On 6/14/2020 at 5:03 PM, Ndayebo8 said:

Thank you for sharing such an experience although is very sad to lost money online. This could be a lesson to everyone that pass through this topic to be careful at all time double check before making any transaction.

Sure mate seeing this topic would be really helpful for us who come across it and with this i think many of us would now take it as a lesson to always check and re-check the wallet address we want to transfer funds to in order to avoid sending to wrong wallet.

This is sad and very bad, as there are many people who have been subjected to the same process of theft as the fraudster enters your device through some programs or additions and controls it completely. When doing the process of sending money, the address is changed automatically and we can even avoid this matter. We must stay away from entry to all links, sites and anonymous add-ons, in addition to that we must use virus antivirus and we must verify our address more than once before sending money

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

4 hours ago, Solex said:

Sure mate seeing this topic would be really helpful for us who come across it and with this i think many of us would now take it as a lesson to always check and re-check the wallet address we want to transfer funds to in order to avoid sending to wrong wallet.

Quite sure I will not argue or challenge with you but he has already explain everything all we need is to be careful before making any single transaction.

There is irreversible transaction in crypto, in fact all transactions in cry pro are irreversible, ones sent to a wrong address, the coin is con forever. 

Sorry to hear so but in crypto worlds there has no system created yet here you can get money your back if you sent the money in wrong address.. So the only advice is be careful when ever YOU going to sent YOUR money as it online not a real place where you can get back money.. But we can hope that in future there will be a option created From Where we can get OUR money back if we sent it to wrong address ❤                     

• +3 1

On 8/6/2020 at 7:10 AM, ndadukun12 said:

There are lots of virus online that is attached to some useful applications. We might not know they are there but that is one of the reasons we should have an antivirus installed. Again we should always confirm our transactions and make sure the address is same as the one you are sending to.

Do not get this wrongly, it s not virus that even mostly affecting devices, haven't you heard of malware before, under it you can see virus but rootkit, botnents, worms and trojan horse has been the most common ones used for malicious purposes nowadays. 

• +1 1

In case of money always be careful. I think it is best experience for you because you will never be repeat that type of mistake .

Brother never be share your personal information to anyone. I advice you that be careful in future. 

55 minutes ago, bhaiegoo said:

In case of money always be careful. I think it is best experience for you because you will never be repeat that type of mistake .

Brother never be share your personal information to anyone. I advice you that be careful in future. 

It is not good to tell someone who is going through a loss of money, that "it is the best experience," I get the point, it is a matter of grammar.

In fact, you may use VPN but "the Brother" reveals his origin, in his true grammar or mother tongue.

Sometimes information is shared and it is not known how or when.

It's good to have paid antivirus, it's only $ 25 a year, the free ones don't cover everything, although there are good free ones, but they usually never use them before, only after the things that the OP relates happen.

Nobody, is sure, you can only be very careful and use the tools that exist correctly.

By the way things like phishing are not detected by an antivirus, so do not trust 100% in anyone or soft-hard (ware) or humans :)

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

On 10/18/2019 at 12:54 AM, Donslens10 said:

In 2016, I desperately needed to send 50 dollars worth of Bitcoin to a friend.
It turns out that I had the virus on my pc that changes the address that copies of btc, for the address of the virus, that is, the address that the creator of the virus owns.
That was in Coinpayments, I was in a hurry and I sent the money without teaching it twice, my mistake was that because I was in a hurry I did not see the container, just trust me and do not check before sending.
After a while, I realized, hell ... I wanted to break the PC.
In the background, my btc were lost and I was scammed by a virus foolishly for rushing, always check the shipping container before making a transaction, there are many traps out there.

That's a bad timing mate. That's why you are right on your advice. Everyone must first check or double check if the address we are sending is correct and if that device is safe from any virus. Also, don't make anything in rush because in the end you will regret it just like what happened to you I hope that thing will not happen again and will not happen to others also.

It really a pity for such lose mate sorry for that but make sure you always check wallet address that you want to transfer any coins to because you have also seen that if you lose there will be no one to compensate you for your lose so be cautious next time and not only him but all of us reading this post have to be careful while sending funds.

BetFury                                                   

This is really sad but there is no anyway to recover a lost BTC. There are many ways that can happen and they will results for us to lose our money so we should be very careful to recheck the address before sending.

23 hours ago, ndadukun12 said:

It is a very good practice to review your details before sending. Confirming the senders details would be a very good idea because you won't face this kind of issues.

You are the kind of user who sees a post and launches a comment, when you have already given your contribution, but you want an additional post to meet the quota.

In another context, but that comment has already been said. 

So please no more post referring to checking the address, Thank you.

Other examples of the same: different context.

21 hours ago, Tunuu said:

This is really sad but there is no anyway to recover a lost BTC. There are many ways that can happen and they will results for us to lose our money so we should be very careful to recheck the address before sending.

23 hours ago, Projectcrypto said:

It really a pity for such lose mate sorry for that but make sure you always check wallet address that you want to transfer any coins to because you have also seen that if you lose there will be no one to compensate you for your lose so be cautious next time and not only him but all of us reading this post have to be careful while sending funds.

23 hours ago, Hatred said:

That's a bad timing mate. That's why you are right on your advice. Everyone must first check or double check if the address we are sending is correct and if that device is safe from any virus. Also, don't make anything in rush because in the end you will regret it just like what happened to you I hope that thing will not happen again and will not happen to others also.

Do not repeat this type of advice thank you.

Contributing with good posts is building community, if building community is winning, you give Talk.

@alexisFuentes

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

It's too sad and sympathetic for that matter, well for that one I don't think you can be able to retrieve that money back, just be extra careful whenever you are on the process to make transaction to avoid future occurrence.

• +1 1

On 10/18/2019 at 12:54 AM, Donslens10 said:

It turns out that I had the virus on my pc that changes the address that copies of btc, for the address of the virus, that is, the address that the creator of the virus owns.
That was in Coinpayments, I was in a hurry and I sent the money without teaching it twice, my mistake was that because I was in a hurry I did not see the container, just trust me and do not check before sending.
In the background, my btc were lost and I was scammed by a virus foolishly for rushing, always check the shipping container before making a transaction, there are many traps out there.

There are no chance for you to retrieve that or else you have a contact directly on a crypto currency admins that can help you. I hope that retrieving crypto currency will be also a new feature on any trade sites but there are also some disadvantages to it.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:54 PM, Donslens10 said:

Thank you for the information, it is true that if our computer has been infected with a virus, our personal data will be read by viruses, viruses such as malware that can control the computer, to anticipate that the computer is always checked for security and when you want to transfer bitcoins, always check the address again. will go to.

It is a loss but it can be a good lesson for you to be always wary here in the internet because you need to be always secure here to prevent getting scammed and I think that you need good anti virus if you are working in your pc. This could be a great lesson for all of us here in cryptocurrency world. 

• +2 1

We should always use the safety measures like double checking the address before sending, using a dedicated anti-virus software, using a clean bitcoin wallet that is not affected by viruses or malwares, etc. because crypto transactions are never reversible.

• +1 1

Well it'ss painful to loose in any way, sorry for that mate. Please let's be more cautious and extra careful, as such tried to be making transactions at your free and most convenient time in order to avoid making unnecessary mistakes next time. Because it's a irreversible transactions once already made.

Feeling you pain but i your responsibility its not any SMS you have send it to wrong address.Always do transaction step by step and make sure the address is type right or copied .Make notepad and arrange things in order so  you don't miss any thing.All this happens because of mis management as a crypto yser you always have to arrange things ,where in sudden bull run you can find them easily.

If you send any of the coin to wrong address then you coin won't be returned. So, please check the address thrice before sending any coins.

BetFury                                                   

This is bad , hackers are very dangerous they create a virus that will spy someone address inorder to interrupt transaction and steal the fund.