I send money to wrong address - Page 10 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Donslens10

I send money to wrong address

I feel bad for you mate but thanks for sharing your situation about it will help alot of others from prevent it happening again as 50dollars were still alot mate i hope you find a way to that especially that your friend that need help.

• +3 1

You should not make the mistake of sending cryptocurrencies in the wrong addresses since you lose them completely and you can no longer do anything or recover them, so you must always verify that we send to the wallets that the wallet is fine.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, Donslens10 said:

It turns out that I had the virus on my pc that changes the address that copies of btc, for the address of the virus, that is, the address that the creator of the virus owns.

I hope that everybody reads this part because this maleware is a big problem and has stolen crypto from many users. I remember reading about this months ago and made me scared a lot. Thanks for giving us so good coverage of what happened and I am glad that you didn't lose a lot of money.

Sorry for what happened to you but double checking of recipient's address and details is the most important thing before doing any transactions because Cryptocurrencies are designed in a special properties that it's irreversible and cannot be stopped unlike digital money.

In the crypto market there are so many scammers are existing and they make their own exchanges. They regularly invest their coin.If people buy their coin they will get good amount of money. 

The payments sent through Yobit are irreversible, you must not use any PC which have any sort of virus or any bugged software. The loss can be very large if you are doing big transactions.

• +5 1

Don't send money to a wrong address.  Crypto will be lost permanently. Triple check address where you gonna send crypto. Don't use wrong blockchain network to send crypto. 

• +1 1

3 minutes ago, ShiNorton said:

Don't use wrong blockchain network to send crypto. 

We should not use that kind of wallets or exchanges that do not verify our input address if it is in same blockchain or another. Almost every good sites have this feature. we just need to check if the address is matching with our destination or not.

3 minutes ago, Bond07 said:

We should not use that kind of wallets or exchanges that do not verify our input address if it is in same blockchain or another. Almost every good sites have this feature. we just need to check if the address is matching with our destination or not.

Uphold wallet also auto detects the address & associated  Crypto types. Suppose if I make input of Ethereum wallet then Uphold Wallet says you're using ETH address to send money. 

• +2 1

One time I send to the wrong address too but I was lucky as it was mine also and I still had the private keys. It can happen after being many hours of work and tired and a mistake is possible. I usually double check everything but an unlucky moment can happen to all.

Mistakes happen and this person was lucky that only lost $50 but others lost a lot more even fortunes by dumping old hard drives to garbage and then looking for the lost millions in garbage disposal areas. Of course even this amount hurts and I'd feel bad too but nothing is lost even if you lose a lot it is just money and you can make it back.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

Sorry about that mate. There are always malicious people lying on the wait for our mistakes to take advantage of them. It would have been useful if you shared some information on how your computer got infected, to promote good measures of security among the members of the forum, especially newbies.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, Donslens10 said:

In 2016, I desperately needed to send 50 dollars worth of Bitcoin to a friend.
It turns out that I had the virus on my pc that changes the address that copies of btc, for the address of the virus, that is, the address that the creator of the virus owns.
That was in Coinpayments, I was in a hurry and I sent the money without teaching it twice, my mistake was that because I was in a hurry I did not see the container, just trust me and do not check before sending.
After a while, I realized, hell ... I wanted to break the PC.
In the background, my btc were lost and I was scammed by a virus foolishly for rushing, always check the shipping container before making a transaction, there are many traps out there.

@Donslens10 I really sympathise with you about your loss.  It's really had to accept such kind of loss. Any thing concerning cryptocurrency we really need to be very careful. Scammers and hackers are waiting for people to make the type of mistake you did to steal their btc. 

Well that's a really bad thing because you can not get it back and can not do anything about the money anymore. Next time, always make sure that you copied the right address and don't rush things especially if you are doing transactions online. 

Sorry for your loss it really touching and we understand how you feel, another lesson for we to learn and avoid such kind of trap, we all have to be careful these days on whom to trust online most especially those willing to offer times 2 of what we invested. Internet fraudster are the lastest criminals now let all protect our fund and should always be at alert incase of new tricks.

• +1 1

On 11/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, Sumayya said:

Be careful with those type of various, careful check what you copy after pasting it in the send area of your account

Yes what you said is right @Sumayya in this type of system one needs to be very extra care about the copy and paste of a wallet address. Am very sorry to here this my friend. 

Im so sorry  to avoid this kind of problems you should always check address and also download apps from legit sites because there is no way to get back your money if you send it to a wrong address ! Also 50 doesn't worth to break you pc it costs more !

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. it is highly necessary that the user's be aware of the different ways in which virus or scammers are on the lookout for potential victims. We should be very careful while executingtransactions and thus we should take enough time to go through each and every step in order to ensure that there is no trap. I am sure this experience would definitely make users aware of this threat.

Yrs there is no doubt. Sometimes you send send money to the wrong address because someone caught you. Once my friend send money to the wrong address because scammers caught him and told him earn more profit. But actually there is wrong address.

• +3 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, Donslens10 said:

That was in Coinpayments, I was in a hurry and I sent the money without teaching it twice, my mistake was that because I was in a hurry I did not see the container, just trust me and do not check before sending.
In the background, my btc were lost and I was scammed by a virus foolishly for rushing, always check the shipping container before making a transaction, there are many traps out there.

Thank you very my friend for sharing this post with us because I couldn't have any idea before if the copied address can be changed by viruses, but sorry for that loss by the way.

• +3 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

On 10/17/2019 at 9:54 PM, Donslens10 said:

Send money to the wrong address than its mean that you lost your money becasue in the crypto market this is true that if you send coin to the wrong address you will lost your all money it will not never back again or reverse.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

We should always be carefully in the process of send money or investment many of loss they money in that process that is why I always advice new members should calm Down and learn

• +2 1

Your experience can teach us that when transacting don't be rushed and always check the bitcoin address we want to send. I just found out that there is a virus that can change the address that will be pasted in the address column for the transaction, we must be careful and pay attention.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

May be the money is gone totally out of your hand, its quite impossible to return back the money from the address. May be the address is not exist yet.  If that happen may be its quite tough to get the money, you should check the address several times. 

• +2 1