How to avoid Scammers on Telegram channel. - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Sedy

How to avoid Scammers on Telegram channel.

Hello, I just want to share this on HOW TO AVOID SCAMMERS FROM ADDING YOU TO FAKE GROUPS LIKE INVESTMENT PROGRAM, AND FAKE COIN GROUPS. 

It's really annoying waking up one morning to find out that you have been added to different fake & strange groups without your full knowledge.

Telegram has made it easier for you to stop scammers from adding you to unfamiliar groups.

All you have to do is go to Telegram Settings > Privacy & Security > Groups > then set it to My Contact.

That's all. Henceforth, no one will be able to add you to their fraudulent groups again. 

STAY SAFE GUYS ✌️🏾

400011800358_47767.jpg

• Useful or interesting 12
  • +1 7
  • +2 2
  • +3 2
  • +4 3
  • +5 5

6 minutes ago, Sedy said:

Hello, I just want to share this on HOW TO AVOID SCAMMERS FROM ADDING YOU TO FAKE GROUPS LIKE INVESTMENT PROGRAM, AND FAKE COIN GROUPS. 

It's really annoying waking up one morning to find out that you have been added to different fake & strange groups without your full knowledge.

Telegram has made it easier for you to stop scammers from adding you to unfamiliar groups.

All you have to do is go to Telegram Settings > Privacy & Security > Groups > then set it to My Contact.

That's all. Henceforth, no one will be able to add you to their fraudulent groups again. 

STAY SAFE GUYS ✌️🏾

400011800358_47767.jpg

Yes i have already done the same setting. I learnt about it on a website on Google. But thank you for sharing this information as other forums users can also use this information to avoid being scammed. 

6 hours ago, Ganhanmarin said:

I still like people like you because you learn not like some people that are in the forum post in alone. We have to lead daily so that our posts can be more meaningful. 

Thank you, and this is kindness from you. We are here in the forum. We must give everything we can, according to his information and experience. In return, this forum will give us knowledge and bitcoin as well.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +5 1

There are tons of scammers on the telegram support for exchanges for instance to yobit telegram support or to gate.io support telegram. Most of them are going to pretend they are the admin with all the names and photos with them acting like they are the real support representative.

To avoid getting scammed, just click the sticky post in telegram because the admins are usually the ones who post it and you can contact that person himself. Not anyone who will just PM you,

• +1 3

I would also instruct to enable 2fa in your telegram account for better security.

setting->Privacy and Security , Scroll down->Two- Step Verification

So far my telegram account does not lead to my wallet or exchanges, I do not think there is any way scammers can attack me. If through email and impersonation, they are welcome and will just be a waste of time for them. 

• +1 1
  • +2 2

Thanks for sharing interesting and helpful information. Can you teach us how to delete a telegram account forever? I could not find the function to delete the account. Too many spammers write every day and I want to delete the account

• +2 1

Well it's not a new thing to knew there's much more spammers in Telegram. So, users must be aware of telegram spammers and to avoid them, one should maintain their telegram privacy form settings. Well thank you, for sharing this informative post, hope the telegram users wouldn't be in trouble anymore. 

On 4/12/2020 at 10:32 AM, BitcryptoHan said:

So far my telegram account does not lead to my wallet or exchanges, I do not think there is any way scammers can attack me. If through email and impersonation, they are welcome and will just be a waste of time for them. 

But sometimes there are a lot of people who send random messages containing viruses to your Telegram account and opening these messages leads to your penetration.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:49 AM, Sedy said:

STAY SAFE GUYS ✌️🏾

400011800358_47767.jpg

Really thank you, i was searching how to do that but i didnt found it, in telegram there are a lot of scammers, every day i receive at least two messages from scammers people who offer me to invest in their sites and they add me to group of fake coins, i really dont like that.

• +1 1

Thanks for sharing this, there are many scammers and suspicious links in telegram. Please be aware about this and do not give easily your personal information to avoid scams.

Thanks for sharing this friend, telegram has many fake users who are stealing money from legit users by creating fake offers and attract them to join those offers. This is good way to be prevented with those fake offers by following those steps which you have given us.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

to avoid scammers on telegram first you jave to make sure your profile is just in a private mode so that nobody able to contact you on this.if your profile is on the people mode then try to keep away  your self from unknown pedons and their links that they ask you to browse

• +2 1
  • +5 1

On 4/1/2020 at 3:49 PM, Sedy said:

STAY SAFE GUYS ✌️🏾

400011800358_47767.jpg

Best information friend, thanks for that, but also a person who knows you phone or a person who is on your contact list still can add you on some annoying groups tho right, but its good for having this thing.

We can't stop users that we can call spammers and scammers on telegram because it is a open social app. The best thing you can do is if there's a suspicious user's that are making conversation in earning easy money avoid it and never entertain those people to avoid being scam. Always remember if you want to earn big and have lots of earnings you need to work hard to achieve what you want.

• +5 1

I changed my telegram settings a long time ago due to the large number of groups managed by scammers. They always try to access our personal information and convince people that they belong to famous trading platforms where one of the groups took advantage of the popularity of the Yobit platform in their favor.

• +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Thanks for this good tutorial, yes indeed this is a nice and good feature that Telegram added to prevent you from being added to any group without your knowledge or approval. Because there are a lot of scam in Telegram as well as annoying groups, and this is a good way to get rid of them.

Yes.You are absolutely rigth.When i started using telegram for the first time,everyday i was being added to various channel and groups autometically.And these were done by the scammers.So then i seached about it and set it to only my contact.Now everything is okay.Your post is really important for many members.Thanks for it.

• +2 1

Telegram has to make blocking system so useful. For example if I used some telegram bot before, there is no way to block bot completely. Deleting Bot does not work and even sometimes scammers keep sending messages from such bot. Well, this technique might help us to be safe from getting added to any spamming group but I am still expecting the advanced blocking features from telegram. 

• +4 1

That's really a straight forward privacy feature at telegram that is helpful to protect our selves from being added to telegram channels or groups without our knowledge and this reduces the chances of being scammed at telegram through unknown channels and one thing is to avoid anything that seems to good to be true at telegram.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Good advice.  Looks like I set that up a long time ago and forgot about it, but good advice  - everyone should set this up.

Another piece of advice:  Everyone that DMs you on Telegram is a scammer.  Especially if they look like they're from a project for which you just asked a question or for help.  Legitimate project members will NEVER DM you first.  Never. If you get a DM it's always a scammer.

• +1 1

Unfortunately, the telegram has become full of frauds and fake groups. We must really adjust our account settings so that no one can add us to these groups. We must also avoid work. What is the telegram bots and not making deposits to any sites that require us to deposit because most of them are scams.

The best way to avoid scammers on telegram channel is just to know about scamming, I am so confident on telegram because I know nothing comes easily, mindful of malware and avoiding chatting about business or any other matters with someone I do not know. 

• +2 1

Yes it's a good way to avoid these scams. It's very important setting of which most of the users have no idea. We should be very careful while using telegram because there are many fake or scam channels, groups and bots. So apply this setting to avoid yourself to be add in different unknown groups and channels.

Edited by Jessica Karren
Spelling mistake
  • +2 1