Steps to follow before installing an Electrum client - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Steps to follow before installing an Electrum client

I was having a conversation with @phabulu just few minutes ago and he was saying he is now trying to use Electrum wallet and can tell that this is a very good decision he made. With an Electrum wallet a bitcoin user has his freedom, full control but there are some procedures one really need to follow so that they do not experience of losing their fund or any other kind of risk. I already posted them for phabulu but for better visibility I thought to create this topics. Here is what you need to read:

3 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Well you are moving toward the right direction but remember a wrong move can cause you like:

# Downloading the wrong Software:  Always download it from their official site and also makes sure you verify that it is the original copy.

The official site: https://electrum.org/#download

How to verify: https://bitcoinelectrum.com/how-to-verify-your-electrum-download/

# Do not update if any pop up appears and ask you to update the software. Close the window and go to the Electrum site official site then follow the procedures again that is above.

# Learn to use a multiSig wallet. Keep the keys in two different device if possible. If not then just keep them in the same device and that way you have the chance to verify the address when you will sign from the 2nd cosigner. Risk is less

I really hope this will be very helpful for the new users who are thinking to taste a desktop wallet. Remember with exchange and hot wallets (online wallets) your coins are not safe at all. So please either use a safe desktop wallet or use hardware wallet. Sometime some paper wallet has vulnerability too but an Electrum wallet is very safe if you just follow the above safety procedures.

Stay safe. Feel free to share you thoughts. 

• Useful or interesting 2

Electrum version 3.3.6 or above (I can't remember the exact version), there's no chance of being victim of downloading fake wallet. Anyway, it's always better use official website.

Good to see contribution from you as always. Keep up mate.

1 minute ago, Consignee said:

Electrum version 3.3.6 or above (I can't remember the exact version), there's no chance of being victim of downloading fake wallet

I know but this incident really shacked me a lot and I think it's always the safer way to update it from directly downloading the update version. Not to mention verify everytime before installing.

2 minutes ago, Consignee said:

Good to see contribution from you as always. Keep up mate.

Thanks for the kind words. Appreciate it a lot. 

By the way, I hope you get busy soon with the forum again. 

Its a so much informative post for me and you define good about electrum wallet but may be i am not download that because i am afraid because of scammers. So many expert scammers are working in the crypto market and this is true so that's why i prefer to safe my coins in the coinbase wallet that is good for me.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Thanks for sharing the details, one will be aware of the Phishing app on Google play store or the internet if he downloaded from the wallet website

Thank you, I really needed this good information because I was going to download the Electrum Wallet to my device, I will benefit from this information very, especially in terms of verification and update.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:57 PM, xBDT Script said:

I was having a conversation with @phabulu just few minutes ago and he was saying he is now trying to use Electrum wallet and can tell that this is a very good decision he made. With an Electrum wallet a bitcoin user has his freedom, full control but there are some procedures one really need to follow so that they do not experience of losing their fund or any other kind of risk. I already posted them for phabulu but for better visibility I thought to create this topics. Here is what you need to read:

I really hope this will be very helpful for the new users who are thinking to taste a desktop wallet. Remember with exchange and hot wallets (online wallets) your coins are not safe at all. So please either use a safe desktop wallet or use hardware wallet. Sometime some paper wallet has vulnerability too but an Electrum wallet is very safe if you just follow the above safety procedures.

In the crypto market nothin is trustable. Always try to verify before use. Because anything can be harmfull for you and your fund. Many scammers stole our information through apps. It's our responsibility to check before use.

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day[/url]                                                   

I don't like installing this type of wallet to a device that does not contain anything like data and information. Your important files are because it can be injected with spyware and hacking.

• Useful or interesting 1

THINK POSITIVE

Thank you for introducing us to this wonderful wallet, I did not know about the existence of the desktop wallet, and I will download and try it soon.

Electrum is one of best wallet in bitcoin community with many good features and devs also doing very good job for many years and updating with hard work now we have good feature in near future we can use lightening feature as well which could help more to many users but OP done good job just try to have all from real site as now many scammers also working on different ways to cheat bitcoin users.

Thank you for sharing this information, I m sure that there are many members here who will benefit through your topic how to download the Electrum Wallet, so they need just to follow the step you have mentioned and yes very important to download the software from the website official.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Thank you very much for this important information.  I wanted to download Electrum Wallet, but with your information, I'm thinking more about it now.  I really benefitted a lot, especially in case of verification and updates should have been given importance.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:57 PM, xBDT Script said:

to stay safe you forgot to mention one thing, before install the software wallet always check if your computer has viruses or keyloggers this is very important to avoid unexpected losses. 

so install the wallet only in clean pc

Trying to install wallet so that I was having a conversation with Nefabulu on something like data and he was saying that he was on such a device.

an electronic credit card could be very most solid credit card, I had a venture for your needs, that one can at this time attain free of cost computer silver and gold coins just by exploration individuals in hand wireless application list electronic.

Electrum Wallet is one of the oldest and best wallets, I have used it for a short time in the past and I have had no problem using it.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:13 AM, CnapmaK said:

I think electreum wallet is very good wallet for hold bitcoin. Some people call electrum best wallet because of it strong security. I like this wallet too. I started to use it in last month

Electrum wallet is good to use secured and savefty only a few of them are not that copyright

On 3/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, Shaza Ahmad said:

Electrum Wallet is one of the oldest and best wallets, I have used it for a short time in the past and I have had no problem using it.

Electrum is good I believe for all the while in crypto I use it and enjoys it more over and share with friends

On 2/22/2020 at 12:03 AM, Ifrat Jaman said:

We have to follow some steps before installing an electrum wallet from Google play store. Because there are many scammers and hackers in this crypto platform. For holding bitcoin I prefer coinbase.

I am not installing any app now from the google or from any website becasue so many peoples will do this and they know that the market is so going to high but the scammers will make the fake app and scam with peoples.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Electrum is the best wallet to use for storing the Bitcoin. This wallet supports the multiple sorts of the devices. You can securely use the wallet. You really need to follow the essential steps while installing the client on the devices otherwise you will lose the funds. 

1 hour ago, Veniatrs said:

Until now I am still interested in using ethereum because the admin fee for the exchange process for real money is cheaper than bitcoin. One time I will install the Electrum client so I can get a lot of ethereum and can get a lot of money.

A good suggestion, besides ethereum is lite coin and doge with cheap withdrawal and shipping fees. this could be another option for you.

This article is very useful in properly installing an Electrum wallet. I did not know what exactly such actions needed to be done in order to correctly install the Electrum wallet. Thanks, very helpful.

installing client, apps, softwares and add-on are things i find risky especially if it is related to crypto currencies, these days alot of frudstars and scamers are out tgere providing all the kinds af apps to steal from potential victims. 

Electrum is the best desktop wallet for Bitcoin. 

Although be extremely careful where you download it from, as there are many versions of it that are malicious and you will be in danger of losing any funds sent. Be careful and only download it from the official source.

On 2/26/2020 at 5:58 PM, Hasan7197 said:

Thank you very much because the information you gave me was so important to me.  Wanted to add Electrum Wallet to my device.  However I have benefited greatly from this information.  I will now verify it and take action and plan.

just positioned them within the identical tool and in that manner you have got the opportunity to verify the cope with whilst you could sign from a 2nd cohesioner