Constructive? Even no correct grammar. - Off Topic - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Andrew12

Constructive? Even no correct grammar.

We can read comments, posts and replies in such a manner that it is constructive but sometimes the grammar were incorrect. Should  we support it? Or report it?

4 minutes ago, Andrew12 said:

We can read comments, posts and replies in such a manner that it is constructive but sometimes the grammar were incorrect. Should  we support it? Or report it?

The forum isn't supposed to be an English class, although no knowledge is lost. However, In my candid opinion in as much as you can get the message being passed and it is constructive enough to be easily be understood. Then the grammar is probably irrelevant., but If you so wish you can decide to correct such person, such replies just should not be reported.

• Useful or interesting 7

Just now, Andrew12 said:

I'm good in grammar even though I'm not a native English speaker. but i can't ignore the fact that almost 70% of all the people in my country they don't just have no grammar but no English at all. So if people try to deliver their info, Let 'em to hell with the grammar. So i don't support your statement.

• Useful or interesting 1

27 minutes ago, Andrew12 said:

I think as long as we understand each other what other people say, mistakes in language are not a problem, many of us are not good inEnglish, including me, and many people understand that as long as we understand each other. what if we don't understand others say?, we can ask one more time

• Useful or interesting 2

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

Just now, Bitxalt said:

I think as long as we understand each other what other people say, mistakes in language are not a problem, many of us are not good in English, including me, and many people understand that as long as we understand each other. what if we don't understand others say?, we can ask one more time

yeah that's right, besides in time people will keep gaining experience of English language and fix their own mistakes as they go on exercising it

9 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

yeah that's right, besides in time people will keep gaining experience of English language and fix their own mistakes as they go on exercising it

we can learn and share information here, so anyone who isn't good in English doesn't need to worry in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

I am a Nigerian and English language is not my mother tongue. Once you can understand the message the writer is trying to pass, you can move on. Do you think most people here are comfortable typing in English? Why do you think people are clamoring for more native language aside Russian and English language on the forum? Communication to me is key, and if you did not understand the message the writer is trying to pass, why not prod further to understand better. Believe me, forum like this makes us a better human if we can be more accommodating and patient

English is universal language, but not everyone can use it, because native languages are more often used, but as long as we can understand each other, sign language can also be an alternative. language doesn't show your intelligence buddy

#ProphetInvestor

And i know most might think we should have native languages added here apart from Russian and English, and i would say no to that, will increase more racism here. Since all the experts are in there Native languages we will miss good answers.

1 hour ago, Andrew12 said:

Just support it, Most users here are not an English man! this is just their second language including me.

That is why the local boards must be up so people will have their language up and can post there.

I really hope that will come soon! like what Russian do! Look at Dimarrik, he can keep posting on his account in Russian community without worrying about his language!

8 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

What makes you believe so? English language is not even among the top three most spoken languages worldwide. Here in Africa, French and Arabic language is more spoken than English Language. English language as a foreign language falls behind French and Arabic in ranking. So who says English is a universal language? If you speak and write it, be grateful if you are not a native speaker. I've seen Brazilians, Italians play football in England and refused to learn English language. They communicated throughout their stay without English

you're right buddy, indeed English is not used by people all over the world, but in all official forums, the language used is English, so naturally English is referred to as a universal language, just only "referred"!

Edited by Bitxalt
wrong

#ProphetInvestor

Hello! it is a forum to create to talk and make exchanges between people who came from all corners of the world not necessarily all experts in the English language is rather a forum where the numbers will speak more than letters!

10 minutes ago, Andrew12 said:

Well we can understand each other by thought not only on how or what the way we even say it I am glad there is a lot of people in this forum looking on the meaning not on the construction of the statement.

in this forum a lot of wise people buddy, language isn't important problem, as long as we can understand each other, if we want to discuss theories and how to use the correct language, we should go to school.

#ProphetInvestor

21 minutes ago, Andrew12 said:

Probably!. I agree bro' the local board must be up like to the russians we must be able to express our thoughts and even elaborate it further via our own language. English is universal but not us all are fluent at it.

Yes, with that we can elaborate more information as we can spread the the news at max because we are comfortable on out language!

16 minutes ago, hakimgentlemen said:

Hello! it is a forum to create to talk and make exchanges between people who came from all corners of the world not necessarily all experts in the English language is rather a forum where the numbers will speak more than letters!

DEFINITELY!!! 

13 minutes ago, Bitxalt said:

in this forum a lot of wise people buddy, language isn't important problem, as long as we can understand each other, if we want to discuss theories and how to use the correct language, we should go to school.

You are right buddy! as long as the post is correct and not a FUD!

I would report a post if there was too bad use of grammer. A minimum quality of grammar is needed to post in global board.

However, we need to account that there's no other local board than Russian, so, we need to be a little soft while reporting bad posts, not everyone is good at English.

2 hours ago, Andrew12 said:

If post is not perfect in grammar and has few mistakes I would not report it as a spam right away.
But for short post with no meaning and lots of mistakes, report option is possible with short message to moderators for reason of reporting.

Well i am no native english speaker and not so good with grammer. As long as people can ignore the grammer we can continue to share our thoughts and as time passes i belive me and others will fox this problem. (I do read books now)

The forum accumulates people all around the world and English skills of many users are not perfect indeed. I can admit that I'm also weak, coz English is not my native language. So for such point as "report" I am going to reply negatively. We should not report grammar mistakes. An individual with super low level of English will not be demanded on the forum himself and soon will leave it or got banned due to breaking forum's rules (again because of he couldn't read them properly with his weak English). 

29 minutes ago, Tatiana said:

We should not report grammar mistakes

Of course we should not and even if anyone does then the mod should not handle them as good. I mean not to delete the posts.

A lot of people do not speak English, I mean native, but they are able to write to express their opinions. In this case you really do not need to be very perfect but a minimum sense has to make.

Even a native speaker does not follow grammar properly most of the times. So to judge a constructive post I do not think we need to focus on grammar or spelling mistakes. We are not in an English class 😊

11 hours ago, Andrew12 said:

Not everyone good at grammar, just quote and show them the correct  grammar if you are willing to, that will help each others.

13 hours ago, Andrew12 said:

everyone can make mistakes, as long as it's understandable it wont do harm and it's not even spam, people will learn and make their English better by the time

13 hours ago, Mathers said:

The forum isn't supposed to be an English class, although no knowledge is lost. However, In my candid opinion in as much as you can get the message being passed and it is constructive enough to be easily be understood. Then the grammar is probably irrelevant., but If you so wish you can decide to correct such person, such replies just should not be reported.

While you’re at it, it’s not even supposed to be an English forum.  I thought I would get used to their through the chat room already 🙂

16 hours ago, Andrew12 said:

This is the forum for learning about Crypto and there are more people who doesn't check Grammar while posting i here.  Currently most of them are in Contest and making their daily posts. 

I suggest you before reporing,  guide them to use spelling and grammar. I too caught so many people are making mistakes in the posts, but the admin will take care at the end of contest.

Some already got warnings for shit posts in the past and if they do again then the BAN will come for them.

I like to say that English is considered the royal language, and, of course, my native language is not inferior to anything, you can expand and disassemble, I do not see anything to speak especially in English. 

There are also different levels of bad grammar. Some do rather small mistakes, some others may post something extremely difficult to read and understand.

While probably for most of us English is not the primary language and the first category of posts is OK, the second category may actually need to be reported, or at least the poster get asked to edit and rephrase it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|           If you have a good offer for my signature space or you need Romanian translation PM me.           |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|     Let's share the referral commission equallyhttps://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=LN1VWYR6     |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

3 hours ago, Bnance10 said:

While you’re at it, it’s not even supposed to be an English forum.  I thought I would get used to their through the chat room already 🙂

Exactly my point, so there should be no scrutinization or discrimination for not being able to express oneself in an explicit and flawless form of english.

as long as the post can be understood in my opinion is valid. why we have to report if posts / comments can still be understood, our purpose in this forum is to discuss / share knowledge about bitcoin / cryptocurrency assets. so can not speak English or grammar is often wrong, not hamabat for me to discuss about bitcoin and others. platforms such as online grammar checks on Google are very many, both free and paid.