[GUIDE] How to ignore a member - Page 5 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

[GUIDE] How to ignore a member

I've been here for long enough and I'm talking about months! And this is the first time that I knew about this feature. Though I'm not really going to use it because there is no one that I wanted to ignore. But it amazes me that there are still some features here in the forum that I didn't know of.

While this function sometimes helps, I don't think it was required to have a full tutorial for this. We can easily ignore a user and unignore if we want by visiting our profile again. Although we shouldn't use this feature too much as I think that most people have a lot to offer in the forum and ignoring someone for just one message that we didn't like may not be the best for us, as we may miss good information coming from the same members.

In a valuable clarification for many members, in my particular case I have only ignored the signatures of some members because they were not to my liking and I have never used it to ignore members of the forum, although perhaps I will start using it when I find myself at accounts that spam.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                

Thanks for the nice tutorial, mate. Actually, before reading this thread I could haven't ever imagine that such feature exist and it was interesting to read why other members might be interested in using that ignoring functionality. As for me, interactions with fellow members have been rarely friendly and haven't had any harsh so far. Hope this continues like this, so I don't have to make use of this feature. 

• +1 1

On 10/17/2019 at 6:42 PM, hexwin said:

s.276.jpg

s.277.jpg

How to ignore specific member in CryptoTalk forum to avoid notifications from them, or hide them.

1. Go to this link: https://cryptotalk.org/ignore/

2. Enter specific member name in field

3. Choose to Ignore all, or just mentiones, signature, posts and messages

4. Click Add User

5. Enjoy your time in CryptoTalk forum 😉

Thank you very much for giving this guidance about this topic. As a beginner I don't have much experience about this forum so I didn't know how to ignore a member in this forum. I have known this from your post so your post is very useful and helpful for me and the other beginners like me. You've written a very important post for us. 

This is a really cool feature. But we should not be qucik to ignore because some of us dont actually go through the content of a topic. They just read the title and then consider it boring or useless. This should not be the bases of ignoring a member. I will advice that you go through a members contents and not just the title of the topic before deciding that it is useless and worth ignoring because some contents are really educative and informative.

We can ignore any person because there are some personalities who's posts are don't like by us means we don't like that content and some times some users created some posts against us so we easily ignore that guy first we open our cryptotalk profile and by our profile we can open setting and after opening the setting we can ignore any user but the name of that user we must remember. 

What will member do that will made someone to ignore them? Because I want to be careful so that no one will do that for me. Thanks in anticipation

Firstly I want to say that cryptotalkis a form and we are like a family on this forum and we not try to irritate someone for cause irritation for someone if someone do this then we have to ignore them and thank you for sharing this information I hope I will never use this

Once i have tried to use this feature and its worked good to me as i wasn’t  able to see the member topic  or own comment..  But later i start to think  i should not ignore some member  but try to hear their all opinion  about  any thing..  If spammer  disturb any of you then its better  to report about them.. 

I think usually there is no need for ignoring any member because every one is trying to do his best so as we are trying very much Same as the other is doing so . So if we want to ignore anyone then simply ignore him . No need to do any comments or any thing more than it. If more then it that you want to realize him that you are ignoring him then stop following him .

This is the best information for all the members and i am thankfull to giving this information. Sometime we read a bad post and our mind is disturb and our expression loss .we should ignore the bad post and off his notification .

On 3/4/2021 at 2:37 PM, Rabiu Dallatu said:

This information is indeed great and this will surely guide all the members on this platform on how to avoid a particular member from having assess to your account, thank you so much dude for this cute and unique article. 

You have utterly wrong concepts about the ignore member feature on this forum. If you ignore a member, his posts will be hidden for you(but you can see them by clicking on Show post option). On the other hand, that ignored member can see your every public posts on forum. Get the concept clearly before using this feature on forum. 

There's a better way. Hover your cursor over the icon of the member you want to ignore, and you'll see a choice to ignore at the bottom. Then you'll be taken to the page the OP is referring to, where you can pick what you want to ignore from him. I normally don't do this unless I'm dealing with spammers or someone who is being really rude and I don't want to come into contact with them.

Really, thank you for sharing this useful information with us. I've been looking for a way to do this. I've been wanting to ignore those users who just spams random non-sense on any post.If you really desperate to ignore a member the best way is to block that member and it will end immediately.

• +1 1