[GUIDE] How to ignore a member - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

[GUIDE] How to ignore a member

s.276.jpg

s.277.jpg

How to ignore specific member in CryptoTalk forum to avoid notifications from them, or hide them.

1. Go to this link: https://cryptotalk.org/ignore/

2. Enter specific member name in field

3. Choose to Ignore all, or just mentiones, signature, posts and messages

4. Click Add User

5. Enjoy your time in CryptoTalk forum 😉

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 14
  • +1 1
  • +3 3

Thanks fro the info even though, i don't think i will ever have to use that feature. I know there a PM beggars out there but i have not encountered any and i don't think they bother since the signature feature is enough spam for them.

3 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

Thanks fro the info even though, i don't think i will ever have to use that feature. I know there a PM beggars out there but i have not encountered any and i don't think they bother since the signature feature is enough spam for them.

You can use this to avoid notifications from specific member, or just to hide his big signature,  and boring posts. I like that we have the option to choose and combine it all.

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

Just now, hexwin said:

You can use this to avoid notifications from specific member, or just to hide his big signature,  and boring posts. I like that we have the option to choose and combine it all.

Cool in that then I'm with you i might already even have few users in mind to ignore 😂. Just not now, only if they suck again. 😊

Thanks its a good information . Sometime i feel so hard to read few post signature totally disturbing me they just occupy half page and they use big size letter to write which is hard to scroll in mobile. hope i can ignore those users.

Wow good informations.Thanks.

Can we ignore some notifications that quoted us? Lets say I have shared a post and someone answered to me.And I dont want to recieve at that moment.I want to check all of them later.Is it possible ?

1 hour ago, alicenora said:

Wow good informations.Thanks.

Can we ignore some notifications that quoted us? Lets say I have shared a post and someone answered to me.And I dont want to recieve at that moment.I want to check all of them later.Is it possible ?

You can choose to ignore only notifications for specific members, or you can go in settings and disable all notifications for all members

• +2 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, hexwin said:

Is there any maximal limit of member that we want to ignore? So far i haven't read the disturb post, but someday this option may very useful for me.. thanks for the information

1 hour ago, fajarriadi said:

Is there any maximal limit of member that we want to ignore? So far i haven't read the disturb post, but someday this option may very useful for me.. thanks for the information

I don't know but I ignored a lot of users when forum started and there was also lot of spammers that I simply blocked. Test it yourself how it works.

You can also ignore specific user who is sending you PM messages in forum.
Some of them like to cry and complain in PM, so best way is to ignore them.

Nice. I've been looking for a way to do this. I've been wanting to ignore those users who just spams random non-sense on any post and are usually off topic, they're annoying to read. Finally found a decent tutorial. Thanks for sharing mate. Question about ignoring "mention" from a specific user, does this literally mean any mentions from him/her, I will no longer be notified?

1 hour ago, Baddoshne said:

Would we be able to disregard a few notices that cited us? Lets state I have shared a post and somebody offered an explanation to me.And I dont need to recieve at that moment.I need to check every one of them later.Is it conceivable ?

You can do it in profile setting to disable notifications, or you can ignore only specific member to avoid notifications from him, or when he quote you

Too bad more members do not use this feature. I was reading some topics and the OP was responding to posts that were not visible on the thread, so I'm guessing the posts were removed some how.? It made reading the thread frustrating as this OP was responding to constant posts not seen.

Maybe removing posts should be limited, as ALL comments, unless name calling and being childish ensues, should remain. People can ignore posts by themselves. JMO.

If you really wanna ignore a member, you better find a way that we will not communicate with you again because if you try again to make a contact with that user you will never find a way to ignore that. If you really desperate to ignore a member the best way is to block that member and it will end immediately

6 minutes ago, GhoulSlayer said:

I put a member on ignore and am still getting notifications. This person is CRAZY! Ignore is NOT working! HELP!

Ignore him totally and check all options mentiones, messages, posts, signature ...everything
Then you will not receive anything.
You can also disable notifications in settings

50 minutes ago, GhoulSlayer said:

Thank you! This person put a spam on a post of mine how do I get it removed?

You can not remove that... do not post spam text and copy paste and if you think we is abusing reaction system you can them talk with moderators about that.

Also do not abuse other members and their topics

Edited by hexwin

1 minute ago, GhoulSlayer said:

I have NOT posted spam text. The DIYTube person did it because I was responding to a feature within his DIYTube site he;s promoting and it was a comment he has now removed. I have been helpful on his thread! He was rude to me, said his site would not welcome me, for reasons unknown. And I know for a fact mods have removed them on his. Seems like this site has a bias.

Please do tell how I've been abusive on his threads? He was rude to me FIRST and all I did was reiterate a feature on his site he's promoting HERE as simply wrong and not ethical, and tried to ignore him but notifications kept coming through. 

All I want is a fair playing field and his spam flag removed from my rep.

I just said that in general terms, not for your specific case.
I a not defending anyone here, just told you what I think about it.

4 minutes ago, GhoulSlayer said:

How do I appeal to a mod?

Open topic about this issue in 'About forum' section or send PM to moderators stuff.
Note that they may not answer you at all.

8 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Open topic about this issue in 'About forum' section or send PM to moderators stuff.
Note that they may not answer you at all.

Thank you. I've put them on full ignore. I want nothing to do with that member.

it's really annoying if we are looking for inspiration and bothered by some users. very interesting to me, cryptotalk can block someone who is not wanted. very easy, like using social media in my opinion.

Thaks you, Bro 👍

There is one member here who keep quoting me and telling me my fault and wrong accusing me a spammer and posting non-sense but until now i dont see any report from him to the admin or moderators.

this man is really a fan of mine i think! i really want to report him or ignore him! but if i will ignore this guy i will not see that messages and comments he will do against me which will have a negative effect on my side as i cannot fight for myself! do you think ignoring him will give me a good side or advantage?

Wow, wow, pretty interesting information, thank you very much! Now I will know more information related to this site, thank you

• +5 1