What is a hash? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Wilmer Garcia

What is a hash?

The word hash is used in the world of computing to describe a string of encoded text. A string consisting of fixed-length number and letters and a single, unrepeatable order that represent a series of data. This text string is created by a unique cryptographic function known as a hash function.

When we are novices or beginners it is important that we know the terms used in this world of cryptocurrencies is why I have set out to bring them the meanings of those terms so that they can be informed. 
I hope you like it and give it to your heart down here. 

Agree with what you say and this post is useful for beginners and they can learn many terms and symbols related to cryptocurrencies by reading the posts that are placed in the various sections of the forum

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Yes i liked the the topic i really did but is this hash could be limited in some coins ? i do not know why i thought about that .

Hello my friend
Thank you for this information
We always try to find more information to strengthen our experience in this field

• -2 1
  • -1 1

Thank you for sharing such information here on your topic, I m sure that many members they will benefit about your topic, because is very important to know anything around the cryptocurrency and hash is the thing that we mention more times.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

1 minute ago, Hadeel said:

As i know this word hash

Is using for bitcoine minning

How much power do you have  to start 

Your btc minning

I thought that

Additional info - actually, the amount of hashes your computer does per second can be used to identify how strong is your mining device. There are multiple units for hashes per second:

• 1 kH/s is 1,000 (one thousand) hashes per second
  • 1 MH/s is 1,000,000 (one million) hashes per second.
  • 1 GH/s is 1,000,000,000 (one billion) hashes per second.
  • 1 TH/s is 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) hashes per second.
  • 1 PH/s is 1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quadrillion) hashes per second.
  • 1 EH/s is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (one quintillion) hashes per second.
  • 1 ZH/s is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (one sextillion) hashes per second.
  • +2 1

STAKECUBE - Wallet, staking and shared masternodes

Interest - earn 7.572% annual interest, paid daily

Cloud Mining - lifetime contracts, get 100 GH/S for 4$

Withdrawal - withdraw your coins with NO fees

REGISTER HERE

You are right in that I think this term is used in mining and may refer to the strength of the mining device and how much we can obtain mining power through the devices per second

What you do is very good work. I always notice that you are trying to simplify the ideas and terminology of the beginners in a simple way. This is a beautiful thing. This post is open to all people who do not know anything about the meaning of the retail, and I hope that as many members of the forum can benefit from it.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I don't have enough knowledge about it so i'm very thankful to you for sharing this information. This post will help the newbies here to know what is the meaning of this term which is hash. 

What makes hashing functions so powerful is that it is very difficult to generate two different strings that compute to the same hash value. Let alone two different meaningful strings. Besides, hash functions have the property that a slight change in the input leads to a major change in the output.

So if you want to check whether a string was tampered with, you just take the string, compute the hash, and compare that with a hash which was generated earlier. Which leads to the second useful property; hashing algorithms are widely known and standardized, so it is easy to re-compute a hash value.

• +2 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

I am agree with you dear. Hash id is used to check the transactions of any wallet. It is the proof that we send money to anyone or receive money from anyone. 

21 hours ago, tienda said:

Gracias por compartir esta información aquí sobre su tema, estoy seguro de que muchos miembros se beneficiarán de su tema, porque es muy importante saber algo sobre la criptomoneda y el hash es lo que mencionamos más veces.

So brother my main idea is to bring education topics for beginners so that they know the most important and used terms of this world greetings

The definition of hash is very important for all those that are in the cryptoworld, especially if you want to start earning by becoming involved in the mining of these cryptocurrencies. In order to mine them you require cpu power which will in tun determine your hashrate, which is what is being described here. A higher hashrate will lead to more being mined. Therefore hash is a very important term in the crypto world.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

The word and concept hash is most likely for programmers. For me, this concept is not very, since I do not use programming for my own purposes.

It is very easy to create the hash but very difficult to decipher.

The hash function is responsible for creating the fixed length of the hash in a series of unique characters.

Again there are such beautiful concepts, and the hash is one of them, but you cannot "explain" in just a few words, because you commit "sacrilege".

There is good documentation on the Internet that explains very well what a Hash means. In fact, the one that exists on wikipedia is a good start.

After reading some answers, some have read or understood Hash mainly its use in mining.

Hash in Bitcoin is mainly used in addresses (public and private) and mining.

Recommended documentation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function

They can be documented there and bring doubts, questions, etc. The concepts are very well explained in many places.

For those who want to go further you can create your own Hash in SHA256.

https://brainwalletx.github.io/

Remember something important, which is obvious but it is good to clarify, the public key or the public address is generated from the private key, it should never be the other way around.

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

A hash is an address text like combined with numbers and letters it's formed after a cryptocurrency transaction usually used to track the progress of the transaction on  blockchain.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:51 PM, Wilmer Garcia said:

The word hash is used in the world of computing to describe a string of encoded text. A string consisting of fixed-length number and letters and a single, unrepeatable order that represent a series of data. This text string is created by a unique cryptographic function known as a hash function.

When we are novices or beginners it is important that we know the terms used in this world of cryptocurrencies is why I have set out to bring them the meanings of those terms so that they can be informed. 

The world of computer is really enormous. There are too much to learn and you can't say I know every thing in this world. Thanks for that information about the world hash

• +1 1

In the bitcoin protocol, hash functions are part of the block hashing algorithm whuch is used to write new transactions into the blockchain through the mining process.

• +1 1

Dear friend, thanks for this information,Iam beginner here ,so I don't know exactly what does this word mean,I always hope  to learn alot of new things,thanks alot

• +2 1

Correct definition of the meaning of fragmentation, which is specific to the blockchain that relies on fragmentation in part of its system in order to carry out transactions and works well

THINK POSITIVE

Thank you my friend for this easy and understandable explanation for beginners about the meaning hash , there are many terms and symbols that we must know their meaning and function in the world of cryptocurrencies, I wish you success

I saw alot minning sites that give us hash and I don't know how that is possible in sites and how they manage to give everyone hash when we just use browsers just to sing up in the site ????

On 3/31/2020 at 12:51 AM, Wilmer Garcia said:

Actually I don't has any thinking about this topic. could be other forum members can has knowledge words this topic. They can say something regarding this content.Anyway okay for your stake.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful information here, in fact I hear a lot about the word hash and know its meaning roughly, but I did not know him in this detailed way that you provided here. So all thanks to you.

The word hash or the symbol # is one kind of function that represents a cryptography and mask the encrypted output of the data. The hash is being used in many aspects and giving us many features to use in our daily life. Hope this helps you some what atleast. Thank you.