Be prepared for the worse - Page 4 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Be prepared for the worse

5 minutes ago, scorpiali said:

Yes right for good and bad thing and now we see a lot of exchange close without any reason like cryptopia Crypto bridge and more

as someone who has been a victim of the cryptopia hack is say there is nothing we could have done to avoid this, and i know people will say you should move your money to your wallet but this will also take lots of fees.

3 minutes ago, Naga said:

as someone who has been a victim of the cryptopia hack is say there is nothing we could have done to avoid this, and i know people will say you should move your money to your wallet but this will also take lots of fees.

I have heard that cryptopia refund all user who have money on it, is it true or not . Because me too i have some money on it not to much but it's mine LOL

On 10/17/2019 at 8:47 AM, xBDT Script said:

Okay I was asking a question yesterday to the community that "What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy?". Here is the topic.

The goal was to create awareness of about the situation like this and looking at the responses I would say there are enough buzz surrounding it. But my main goal was to discuss about the ways we can do so that we do not see us in a situation like this. How do we do that.

This is how I would do:

1. Instead of one copy, I would print more than one copy of my seed. (say two more copies)

2. I would put one copy in the safe box in a secure place of course (this is where the thief will get the printed copy with other valuable things)

3. The rest two copy will go to the 4 person I know but they do not know each others. I will cut off each paper into two. each side will contain 6 words of my 12 words pass phrase. Each copy will be sending to those each individuals. 

This is my way to avoid a situation like I have explained on that topic. Feel free to read that topic if you have not read it and let me know your idea of protecting your asset.

Thank you.

I think you are a bit overreacting on this. What are the odds that you are being stolen and what are the odds that a thief knows what he is stealing. Pobably it's below 1%. So just relax.

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, xBDT Script said:

Okay I was asking a question yesterday to the community that "What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy?". Here is the topic.

The goal was to create awareness of about the situation like this and looking at the responses I would say there are enough buzz surrounding it. But my main goal was to discuss about the ways we can do so that we do not see us in a situation like this. How do we do that.

This is how I would do:

1. Instead of one copy, I would print more than one copy of my seed. (say two more copies)

2. I would put one copy in the safe box in a secure place of course (this is where the thief will get the printed copy with other valuable things)

3. The rest two copy will go to the 4 person I know but they do not know each others. I will cut off each paper into two. each side will contain 6 words of my 12 words pass phrase. Each copy will be sending to those each individuals. 

This is my way to avoid a situation like I have explained on that topic. Feel free to read that topic if you have not read it and let me know your idea of protecting your asset.

Thank you.

We are already preparing for the worse. And I hope that e will do our best in the future. And we will be happy if we perform good. And we have to get lost some less.

Thank you, I also have the same asset protection as you, I am generally quite secure with my wallet. I also try to be as careful as I can. If I lose it and I can't find it, it means I lost control of my money.

7 hours ago, Arafathosen said:

I have my seed and private keys in multi layers of encrypted documents then zip.This is way you need to make sure that both does not know each other

That's good way to safe your private key always avoid to save in online .The data can be stolen and you will lost your all money.Make offline copy also.

No.How can I trust this?

Is there any kind of prove?I need to know there roadmap. Then I go to work this site.Can I explain your opinion?   

16 hours ago, Warrior said:

your idea is very good. but in case if both person who have your 12 characters password in a part of 6 characters. and both know of it and find each other then what will you do now.

We have to choose people who live far away and don't know each other. In this world many people are our friends. Unless you don't have many friends.

<Bitcoin> 33UiM7HjYSH9ZuCfdQiRKmWNJdGhLx444W

Just now, Traderbtc28 said:

Well, in my life, I am always ready if bad things will happen, I will never be afraid of bad things happening to me, so I will always be ready to run it and will never be afraid.

Are you hedging your investments in crypto ? Have you taken measures in case the crypto market crashes ? How do you cope with that ?

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

Yes, always protect your wallet no matter what the cost. You need to make a lot of back ups, and keep them in a very safe place, in case you lose your wallet, you could easily recover them. Never share you information with strangers.

3 hours ago, henrycol said:

Im prepared but I really believe there will not be any worse, but the price will rise a lot and we will all get a lot of money.

Well, the price is facing a great war right now, in the first attempt to break the $9500 the price dropped a lot, in the second attempt to break the $9500 the price dropped so much that it touched the support that is in the $9100. now we have the third attempt to break the $9500. If the price doesn't break $9500 then get ready for the worst

Crypto is a digital currency based platform. As a result it is vulnerable to scammers and hackers. So high secured wallets should used and high security measures should be ensured

I'm also thinking if hacker steal my wallet copy then what I can I do. For the safety I'm using offline wallet and even thief's steal of copy then i'll cry. Actually in this case i can't do anything.

On 1/27/2020 at 10:16 AM, Crypto555 said:

You should always take the best options in order to protect your wallet. Don't just limit to lowest security level because that can be easily stolen or hacked. So take all measures necessary 

It's very important to take all measure necessary for security otherwise you are in danger of your wallet being hacked and you lose all of your coins stored in there. So stay safe 

Welcome with me
There is no safe method 100/100
Paper wallets are good and are safer after portable physical wallets
It is possible to copy the words of your copy on physical objects such as jewelry or sheet metal, which will be protected from natural factors.

There are multiple accounts. Wallet can violate hackers anytime they want to attack. I don't think this question needs all this difficulty, especially since most of our platforms have multiple 

On 10/17/2019 at 8:47 AM, xBDT Script said:

This is how I would do:

Thank you.

i hope with "hard copy" you mean the seed and not the hardware wallet, since if they stole your HW they need a pin to enter.

so, actually if someone stole your seed the only thing you can do is praying that they know nothing about crypto and so they don't know what a seed is and how it works. 

so all the points that you mentioned are useless.

different thing is if we don't talk about thieves but if we talk about "natural disasters" like you home with the seed inside burns. in this chase having more copies it is useful. but you asked specifically for thieves so

You should always be ready to face the situations. There are so many traders have chosen the wrong track. If the worse cases come to us-- we should have an art to handle the case properly. Some might be very tough and as harder as we believe. 

Yes, pray for the best and prepare for the worse. That's a very good plan. Whatever happens, you will be able to come back to your feet in no time.

• +1 1

Good idea. by cutting the sheet on the key phrase and putting it in different places. I thought I would use double security like the phrase and 2fa in the crypto wallet. at least I use 2-3 wallets to store all crypto in each of my wallets.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:39 AM, xBDT Script said:

Okay I think you had a little confusion about pass phrase and private key. Of course we know we need to have access of the private key it we need to spend the coins we have but Pass phrase is something that binds all the private keys in one wallet so that you do not need to remember or need to copy of all private keys for your wallets.

You hard of HD wallets. Please read here.

Actually in HD wallets we have pass phrase and having the pass phrase means you have the access of all of your private keys.

Thanks! Your post was really useful for me since that is what I was thinking over for some time - I thought it is the way you explain it but I was not 100% sure.

On 28.02.2020 at 01:57, terpera said:

Actually in HD wallets we have pass express and having the pass state implies you've got the get to of all of your private keys.

I would make beyond any doubt to have both reinforcement for my seed words and/or private key and watchword (in case you have got it)

i think one of my best qualities is that i always be prepared for the market to go down and thats why when i trade i like to keep like 40% just in usdt to buy the dips.

40 minutes ago, Asad ur Rehman said:

I really do not use password for any wallet.I feel hassle when spending the coin by the way 

Password is just one layer of security...sometime like people who use multising wallet

It will be a security if you will put a password in your wallet as well as the 2FA, it is not hassle if you only want to secure your belongings and your asset mate, do not be lazy.