Yobit 2fa and changing mobile phone? - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Elton23

Yobit 2fa and changing mobile phone?

I have just purchased a new mobile phone. 

The problem I have is on Yobit, I use 2fa with Google Authenticator on my old mobile.

I am trying to figure out how to switch from my old phone to the new one. 

Has anyone experience of doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 3

Disable the 2FA using your old phone, re-enable it saving the new 2FA seed to your new phone.

You may want to use Aegis authenticator if you have Android, since you'll be able to export next time such data.

Or you can just simply save the new seed somewhere else too (a piece of paper or a text file), because you never know when your phone gets lost or stolen.

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|           If you have a good offer for my signature space or you need Romanian translation PM me.           |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|     Let's share the referral commission equallyhttps://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=LN1VWYR6     |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

1 hour ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Disable the 2FA using your old phone, re-enable it saving the new 2FA seed to your new phone.

You may want to use Aegis authenticator if you have Android, since you'll be able to export next time such data.

Or you can just simply save the new seed somewhere else too (a piece of paper or a text file), because you never know when your phone gets lost or stolen.

Hi thanks for the reply. I know that if I disable 2FA on Yobit, I will have to wait a few days to be able to trade with my coins, as this is a security feature to protect my account.

Also I do not have the original 2FA seed as I never wrote it down, but if I disabled and re-enable would the 2FA seed be available to view again so I can take a note of it?

I use IOS not Android. Thanks.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

I wrote as a general rule, I didn't have to change the 2FA for years.

When you re-renable the 2FA you usually get a completely new seed; it's like you'd enable 2FA for the first time. And in most cases (websites) you don't get only the QR to scan, you get a string as a seed. I wrote those down and those seeds I've used when I changed the phone (since google 2FA doesn't have backup); now I am in the process of moving to the other software, which, unfortunately, may not exist on iOS.

However, if you don't have the old seed written down and your 2FA app doesn't have backup/restore options, I don't think that you have other option.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

|           If you have a good offer for my signature space or you need Romanian translation PM me.           |
|     Let's share the referral commission equallyhttps://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=LN1VWYR6     |

3 minutes ago, speedxp said:

In any exchange or platform that can do 2FA it is definitely possible to delete it and use it on a new cellphone. If confused, then ask in technical support. There you will certainly be notified of the problems encountered.

Why we need to do those steps? When you will turn your 2FA authenticator to any account you should remember and do always copy and save the 2FA manual code. This is the best security! What if your phone was stolen then how will you able to turn off your 2fa and bring it to the new one! I am sure that you save your password and email on that exchange! then why not add under it the code?

7 hours ago, Elton23 said:

The problem I have is on Yobit, I use 2fa with Google Authenticator on my old mobile.

You will never use google auth if you lost your phir every thinks is lost with it,you can usr Authy application that's give the way to recover all you code with your phone numbet and it's easy to use just register and save your password and it's done

• +1 2

39 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

Why we need to do those steps? When you will turn your 2FA authenticator to any account you should remember and do always copy and save the 2FA manual code. This is the best security! What if your phone was stolen then how will you able to turn off your 2fa and bring it to the new one! I am sure that you save your password and email on that exchange! then why not add under it the code?

That should be done. But unfortunately I never save the 2FA manual code, so I always ask for help when 2FA on my cellphone is lost or the cellphone I use is missing. And assistance from relevant parties does help, but requires a long process.

• +1 3
  • +3 1

15 minutes ago, LokiApeka said:

but I think putting two things that should be side by side separately is troublesome, it's better to put it in one place, and backup it in another place so when you lose 1 mobile phone you won't lose all your assets

As i said you dont need another one just make sure you stored the manual codes properly.

2 minutes ago, speedxp said:

That should be done. But unfortunately I never save the 2FA manual code, so I always ask for help when 2FA on my cellphone is lost or the cellphone I use is missing. And assistance from relevant parties does help, but requires a long process.

That will need verification from you with the help of their support, some exchanges will freeze you account for several days after you request the 2FA change or turn them off for you!

50 minutes ago, Zeela said:

If your old phone is with you, just log in your yobit and inactivate the 2FA and then go back to your new phone, install Google authenticator, then get your phrase from yobit and activate it. Simple as that.

What if the phone has been stolen? Or the phone broke down and can't be open anymore?

5 minutes ago, speedxp said:

Usually they need our data, such as email, username (if needed). To verify ownership of the account, after the data is correct. New remove 2FA will be done by related parties.

Yes, that is very simple to do also. as long as you have the access on the email registered! 

But that will take time again and as i said some of the exchange will loce your account for some days if not your withdrawal will be!

1 hour ago, cryptokram said:

Yes, that is very simple to do also. as long as you have the access on the email registered! 

But that will take time again and as i said some of the exchange will loce your account for some days if not your withdrawal will be!

Indeed, time will be very widely used, because waiting for a reply from technical support. Only that data can be used, because I can access the email. The rest is nothing I can do to restore 2FA.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, speedxp said:

Indeed, time will be very widely used, because waiting for a reply from technical support. Only that data can be used, because I can access the email. The rest is nothing I can do to restore 2FA.

Yeah, and what worse is that your phone was stolen and they can access it. your email is there!

It is better to back up all you got is the best 😄  Well i am sure that everyone of us wants to be safe so 

• Useful or interesting 1

2 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

Yeah, and what worse is that your phone was stolen and they can access it. your email is there!

Something I didn't expect was that. But if that happens, I don't think the person who found it will understand 2FA and can't access my cellphone directly.

2 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

It is better to back up all you got is the best 😄  Well i am sure that everyone of us wants to be safe so 

That is a good suggestion, it must do a backup for any reason.

• +1 1

On 10/17/2019 at 9:56 AM, Elton23 said:

in similar website with this situations they disable account 2fa with request of customer after request for some info. and then you can reenable it :)

• +2 2

http://bit.ly/2K0fwtx

On 10/17/2019 at 12:33 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

I am too using too 2FA authenticator, but it sends to my email and Do I need to write the seed or what?

In the past I lost my mobile that I used for 2FA at BTC Alpha and never got my password again. Let me know what should I do to save my account even the mobile phone get lost.

• +1 1

11 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

I am too using too 2FA authenticator, but it sends to my email and Do I need to write the seed or what?

In the past I lost my mobile that I used for 2FA at BTC Alpha and never got my password again. Let me know what should I do to save my account even the mobile phone get lost.

My answer was about 2FA based on Google auth or similar software.

For e-mail based 2FA you have to make sure the old / lost phone cannot access that e-mail anymore (while you still can - save your password). For SMS based 2FA the new phone will probably get the same number, else (pre-paid SIM) there may be a problem, especially if that SIM is anonymous (depends on the country).

• +1 2

1 minute ago, Mike Wazowski said:

My answer was about 2FA based on Google auth or similar software.

For e-mail based 2FA you have to make sure the old / lost phone cannot access that e-mail anymore (while you still can - save your password). For SMS based 2FA the new phone will probably get the same number, else (pre-paid SIM) there may be a problem, especially if that SIM is anonymous (depends on the country).

I got the Sim number back, but the Verification code was not worked. When contacted to them their is no reply from them and lost account in the end.

Thanks for your information I will use only email at Yobit because it is more convenient and working without any problem.

• +1 1

On 10/28/2019 at 10:42 AM, cryptosix said:

Yes I get the 2fa emails but the problem I have is I do not have the seed and I have no way of retrieving it anymore. The problem with Authenticator is that it is impossible to transfer to a new device without the seed. From what I hear, I just disable 2fa on Yobit and wait a few days and re-enable on new phone and all should be good.

• +1 1

You can just copy the secret code for the 2fa fromt the old phone and move them to the new phone, this is the easiest way to do it and you can do this for a the secrets 2fa codes you have on your old phone.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 10/17/2019 at 9:26 AM, Elton23 said:

On 10/17/2019 at 9:26 AM, Elton23 said:

Google authentication can not be restored your old account so you just need to save your auntentication code of yobit somewhere cause no one can keep it for you, so if you have forgotten your codes just try to send a support ticket to yobit support maybe they will help you to recover your account.

• +1 1

First, disable the 2fa from your old phone then activate it again with your new phone.  But if you having a hard time to do it you can request the support by filing a ticket to it.

• +1 1

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

I do not know how exactly you have, but when I changed the phone on the exchange with 2fa, I went to the settings and untied my first phone. Can't exactly say why you can't, maybe something has changed, but it used to be easy.

• +1 1

i think you need to disable it using the old phone , if  this didnt help try to reach the support team and i hope this will solve 

• +1 1

Why 2factor authentication in Yobit is different from other websites? I work with blockchain wallet and their 2fa system works by sending you an E-mail which contains a code to enter or you can de-authorize your browser each time you log out and when you want to log in with a different IP, they send you an E-mail in which you must click on a link to authorize your browser again.

But Yobit 2fa system is somehow strange! It gives you a secret key which consists of a series of letters and numbers. They say you should write down this code and hide it in a safe place. As far as I know, 2fa authentication should be something that changes every time you log in to your account. If it is a fixed code, then it is much easier for hackers to find it. What do you think? Is Yobit 2fa system safe enough to protect your account?

• +1 1

If you want to switch you authenticator from old phone to new one then firstly disable your 2fa code in yobit. after that you again enable it with the new phone authenticator apps.

• +1 1

On 10/17/2019 at 8:20 PM, Bnance10 said:

When you do that, Yobit may limit your activities for 7 days.

I keep the google codes on the spare phone which makes it harder for your account to be hacked if you don't lose all your phones at the same time 🙂

so when I deactivate and re-activate 2FA I can't directly use my account yobit and have to wait for a week?😓

• +1 1