Yobit 2fa and changing mobile phone? - Page 5 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Elton23

Yobit 2fa and changing mobile phone?

On 2/24/2020 at 4:51 AM, Kesho said:

It is very god. Why to start work if you afried from losing your money just be in the safe side that is will be very good for your sucure 

I agree with you these days many website available by using them you can earn good money most of the people are unaware about those websites because they can't think that they can make good money but we can earn money and we can also invest that money 

8 minutes ago, Shakill33 said:

You can actually turn off your 2Fa authentication using the old phone.  And then you can enable it after logging in to the new phone.  It will actually help you do better.  But you can also use an authentication to save 2fa's manual keys.  This will be helpful for you in case of emergency.

Yes, this is the best way to transfer dual protection from the old phone to the new phone, unfortunately there is no way like exporting or importing codes. This method was much better and I was looking for a similar method but I did not find it.

Probably the most efficient way to transfer your Google authenticator without having need to disable it is get the backup codes. You don't actually need OTP if you have it, you can just access it. Another easy way is taking the screen shot of the barcode, you can even print it out when you are setting up the authenticator, then you can use it to restore on another device.

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

This is one of the safety methods that the Yobit platform adds and my advice to anyone facing this problem is to open mail from a computer browser and take the code and then put it and you can then use your new phone after you allow the computer to enter the email

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Well dear its really meaning full topic because its not guarantee to our phone damage are stolen, then how to access our accounts because present legit site use Google auth codes to  entire in our accounts, but we loss our phones then how its possible, so we copy the keys when we link the auth, are take support the sites maybe this is the way to reentire in our websites.

As said by @Saj555 it is highly recommanded to save the 2FA recovery key for each website where you active it. I had the problem several times and I lost money (no backup).

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

On 6/1/2020 at 2:39 PM, deboprotap said:

Yobit exchange give us a opportunity to disable our 2fa key.

It is not necessary to disable your 2fa, you can get a back up. 

Yobit exchange give us a opportunity to disable our 2fa key.But the process is difficult.

It is not hard to disable 2 fa

Then if anytime,we can not access our mobile phone then we can still log in our account.That is why to avoid such issues we should save our 2fa keys in secure place.

If you have a back up, you will still be able to log in using another device. 

This is a feature to increase the security of your site. All you have to do is disable the old authentication, transfer the account to your new phone, create new authentication, confirm the account via email, and cancel all your accounts on the old phone.

you must save the key with which you used the google authentication factor with the key and also if you can first disable the 2fa the security feature in Yobit so that later you can re-enable it once you have your new phone

4 hours ago, Nab said:

you must save the key with which you used the google authentication factor with the key and also if you can first disable the 2fa the security feature in Yobit so that later you can re-enable it once you have your new phone

You are right, back up can easily do it too, it is not hard than what people do think and it I very essential to back up the 2 fa in case. 

For every exchange or services that uses 2fa in order to switch phones first you need to disable it from your last device and re-enable it on the new one. If the past device has some problem and you can't access 2fa authenticator there, then you need to use the 2fa key given to you the moment you enabled it.

In case of having lost 2fa key, some exchanges will demand KYC first in order to help you out with this. Yobit does not ask for KYC so  you need to keep the 2fa key safe.

Before installing 2fa, the exchange provided you with a code. You can use this code to reconnect the device. But if you didn't save the code, then you need to contact the support service.

Well when i have changed my phone i left my old number on current phone so that i had no issues linking back my 2fa application to yobit and other 2fa services.

Now on yobit as mentioned previously posted you need the code as backup from your yobit account on the 2fa.

If you dont have it your only option is to email support or try out their chat and ask for help.

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

If you lost your phone you will not be able to get 2fa back. If someone find such problem then he should contact with support. Further i think he can disable by it's email. But i am not confirmed about that. 

if your old phone is still active then easly you can recover or reset your 2fa in yobit . if you lost your yobit 2fa then I didn't think there is any way to recover your account , infact yobit team also didn't support you in this case .

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

On 6/11/2020 at 12:34 PM, gourav789 said:

if your old phone is still active then easly you can recover or reset your 2fa in yobit . if you lost your yobit 2fa then I didn't think there is any way to recover your account , infact yobit team also didn't support you in this case .

@gourav789You have made a point here. Yobit reminds us to write down 2fa recovery key while enabling it on the exchange. If we have not noted recovery key,there is no way to regain access to our account after losing mobile by which 2fa security was activated. 

Edited by Whited35

You might have to contact support if you loose access to your 2fa devices. However not sure if Yobit support handle's such case with the urgency it requires.

• +5 1

I think 2FA does not have any problem when you need to change your mobile phone because i can login my yobit account in any device and i receive a 2FA code in my email. 

On 10/17/2019 at 3:26 AM, Elton23 said:

I have just purchased a new mobile phone. 

The problem I have is on Yobit, I use 2fa with Google Authenticator on my old mobile.

I am trying to figure out how to switch from my old phone to the new one. 

Has anyone experience of doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

You must disable 2FA using your old mobile and activate it on your new mobile, I recommend that you save the security code, you can use Google Authenticator. Good Luck

I think this process is not hard. you can easily make a request to reset your 2fa and you should provide the required information so that you can get back your account.

I had the.same problem, i lost my cel last year and never coud get back my 2nd google autenticator. So thats have to keep working all the staff of yobit, helping user to recuperate accounts.

So the problem is users hav to be careful with his data

Hello, when you activate the 2FA system you have to write down a backup code or save a QR code. When you change your phone, you reinstall the Authy / Authenticator application and enter the backup code. Exchanges require users to be responsible. I hope you have found a solution to your problem. Best regards.
Note: Authy offers much more reliability than Google Authenticator.

Hello, in order to change the phone the 2FA application you must have previously saved the recovery code that appears before activating the 2FA security, since on the page they specify that it cannot be recovered after activated.

Try disabling 2FA on your Yobit.Net account on the old phone, log into your new phone with this feature disabled, and proceed to reactivate 2FA on your new phone, by the way; if you ask me which application to use I can recommend Authy over Google Authenticator.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:26 AM, Elton23 said:

I have just purchased a new mobile phone. 

The problem I have is on Yobit, I use 2fa with Google Authenticator on my old mobile.

I am trying to figure out how to switch from my old phone to the new one. 

Has anyone experience of doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I am using Google  Authenticator  right now . As far as  I know it is  normal that  you can not  access your  your account  due to a phone  loss or  when switching  to another  phone in order  to ensure  the  security  of the  account. I think  you can ask  for help  from the support line  on the  official page  of Google Authenticator  or contact  the yobit  exchange  authorities .