Protecting your crypto - Page 19 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Protecting your crypto

i agree with all thee points you mentioned especially the last one , these offers that tell you to send all bitcoin you have then they will send you the double makes no sense and anyone can find out that this is a scam and your money won't be sent back to you

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Excellent post with great advice. We have to be careful of the dangers and high risks that come with cryptocurrencies. There are many scams and they can be looking as a good investment but if we fail to do research we will probably fall victims to a scam. 

On 10/17/2019 at 4:19 AM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

Here are some of the rules that help us protect them:

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

2. Don't let your assets stay on exchange too long

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

5. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably scam.

If you have any tips please do not hesitate to share it

Stay safe my friends

If you find this thread helpful feel free to mark is as interesting

I agree with you, the first thing that protects crypto is to store it in a secure wallet, you can use an online or offline wallet. Most importantly, don't store them on the exchange. it is better to trade than invest in ICO because trading carries less risk than investing.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:19 AM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

Here are some of the rules that help us protect them:

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

If you have any tips please do not hesitate to share it

Stay safe my friends

If you find this thread helpful feel free to mark is as interesting

Great tips, it would help a lot to others especially the newbie one. Addition to what you've said, we also need to be skeptical before clicking some links because it could hack your account. Use two way authentication for the better and secured wallet. Those are the first thing we need to keep in mind before entering cryptocurrency.

Afriend of mine once told me that the most important way to store your information is to make sure that you store them in a ledger wallet , I asked what were ledger wallets and he told me its sort of a flash drive and its always off line, it stores everything perfectly off the radar and I think thats the best way to store up your crypto off where no body can see this things.

incredible guidance. be cautious and do investigate before contribute. model on message, there are many mining bots, offer you with a huge return. what's more, this is an unadulterated trick. on the off chance that you need to contribute on new coins, pick IEO from great trade like Binance, oxen, yobit.

• +2 1

The way that I am protecting my crypto is not that special because it has been done already by many users. The practical way of protecting your crypto is to not put a money to suspicious platform. But how could you know if those platforms are suspicious? Better trust your guts in this part if you are somewhat trivial to the platform do not hesitate to ignore that website. You can do an in-depth research wherein you will try to look for a promising platform that could help you ease your feeling by putting your crypto to their platform. You can always do this by reviewing the different feedbacks of the users using the platform for your own reference you could whether them or not is up to you but mind you that putting crypto to any platform is a big risk but if it works out it will surely reward you handsomely.

• Useful or interesting 2

I solved most problems when joined good exchange as yobit and binance that help their customers and have less scammers than others. You don't need the ICO and they are not happening now. Even with hardware wallets you can get scammed and lose your crypto if you are not careful. The last advice is correct but actually there are some good offers but not the extreme returns of some scams that they offer.

• +1 1

I do nothing special to save the assets of the cryptotalk forum. But you have a good suggestion that we should protect our account. I will try to follow your suggestions to save my account. I just don't understand the first point of your. suggestions. Please explain it if you can. Thanks

• +1 1
  • +2 2

This is very important thing which is very important for the users. Don't trust anyone in this field . because some time the hackers hacks your account  and this result into a crisis. So be aware from all the scams sites and fake news.

We have to improve our ways of storing our various assets because scammers and hackers have many ways to attack each an everyone of us which will automatically lead us to lose if they successfully take over our accounts, so in order to avoid being cheated then we have to do the following duties which include-:

- Creating stronger password containing various characters like @,$,# and numbers.

- Avoid keeping funds in exchangers too longer.

- Make use of blockchain wallets because they are strong and secure but make sure you keep the key and passphrase safe because if you lose those informations you have lose your funds as well.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Continuously use Metamask and equipment wallets like Trezor, Ledger, and so forth to affirm your all exchanges. Don't have a clue about your private keys. A few seconds ago your recuperation phrases. Try not to snap a picture of it or record it to a PC.

• -1 1
  • +2 1

Thank you for giving us these effective hints on how to manage our Crypto coins safely and strongly secured from attacks. Very useful proactive measures for everyone to take and apply in order to avoid fallen as a victim of scammers/hackers.

• +1 2

Very important to remember that scams can be recognized easily as they will try to get your money quickly so you will not think about it a lot, so they will try to make it as a short open window of opportunity that you have to act immediately, when you see anything like that it is a scam most often than not.

• +3 1

On 10/17/2019 at 3:04 AM, Glossy said:

Yeah, you should copy your seed and store it in many locations because many people lost their assets by forgetting their seed. So, you should be careful.

Always store your assets in wallet and if you want to exchange then only you can send them to exchanges this will protect your crypto.

Many people have earned a lot like multiple times by investing in ICO but now most of the ICOs are fake and they arenot giving more profit anymore except some good project.

Telegrams is full of scammers but there are useful information too. So, use it correctly and don't jump into scammers.

• +3 1

BetFury                                                   

For trading, choose top exchanges which can guarantee of a refund in case of hacking, or any damage to your funds. Yobit is safest exchange possible with highest security options. For holding, store your coins and tokens at hardware wallet like a trezor wallet or ledger nano. they are the most advisable to use, and you should be comfortable with using them.

Edited by Naylor89

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH

Mate i have like two points which i fear most which is telegram and ico. Many people cried after getting scammed thousand dollars in telegram and again they cried after they invested in ico today and tomorrow that ico dropped 900%.

In short, "Not your Keys, Not your Coins".

Never enter your seed words/private keys online.

Always double/triple check the wallet address before sending because some trojans can replace the address.

Always use a trusted anti-virus software.

• +2 1

I read you security instructions about protecting our privacy and I realized that is completely correct because I been working in groups and websites I saw lot of spammers so thank you 

• +2 1

Thanks for giving useful information,  i am holding my crypto assets on both places,  exchanger and crypto wallets. I enable multiple securities for protecting my crypto money like a strong password and 2fa. So there are no chances of hacking. One thing be careful from scammers. If anyone who gives you a purposal for huge profit so do research. Mostly avoid these types of projects because there are mainly chances you lose your money.  

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

I am trader and I need to have the coin on the exchange but you are right we are need to protect the crypto and if we re invested then we are need a strong wallet and to have the passwords stored careful without any mistake. Also the rest you are tell are very importance because some are try to scam and we can not listen to them and what they are say that are a lie.

• +1 1

We have to use a desktop wallet and copy the keys in a paper that we store somewhere very safe and in many places. Also a back up because something can go wrong. There are many scammers and it is safe to have a wallet and to avoid scammers we have a lot to learn to protect us from them. I am trying to cut all communication when it begins in any media and always try to look what some poeple are telling and what is behind their words.

• +2 1

Because the software does not have access to memorize your personal keys or when. I don't see any problem. You don't know your personal keys. You use a hardware wallet The caution is never too much to network in everything possible. And in other parts of my wallet where I control the keys so that all I do is balance the trades on the exchanges.

Thanks for this informative post. I mostly use hardware wallet for securing my cryptocurrency funds. I recommend you to use Ledger Nano X. Even if your hardware wallet gets damaged, you're able to retrieve your funds with the 12-pharse backup keywords. So, you must keep your backup phrase in safe place, in case you need to access  them in future if you lost your hardware wallet or it gets broken. Besides, you can also use cold(offline) wallets which are also secured as compared to hardware wallets.

• Useful or interesting 1