Protecting your crypto - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Protecting your crypto

There are a lot of things that we can do to protect our crypto. Using the hardware wallet is the best way to protect, and the other way that we can do to protect is not telling other people that we have so many coins in that wallet. If we explain crypto to other people, they will ask how much coins we have and how worth it is. We can answer that is my secret, I don't want to tells you😁
The other way is we should be careful if we're going to invest because many people want to get an easy way to make money so the scam will be there. 

To protect my funds in cryptocurrency, I distribute it to several wallets and exchanges, the passwords for everything are stored in an extremely complex cipher, which is stored on three flash drives.

Получай 20% с комиссии торговли при Регистрирации на бирже Binance

꧁×-×-$-$-$-$-×-×꧂

| Beyond | -  заставляет тебя расти как криптана👀

I primarily use a 2fa for every trusted wallets out there available. Keeping my private key on separate drive will keep it safe frok hackers. Not sure about encryption but hashes are very hard to crack like aes-256.

okay crypto users, you all must read this especially those beginners who just got joined here. here are some tips that would be beneficial for us and will keep our money safe... i will also add that double checking your transactions will help in order for you to not fail your transactions...

i am protecting my crypto with using two factor security and it is the most secure and safe way of protecting your money, there are very less chances of risk and you can easily secure your funds.

Hard Worker 😎😎

On 17.10.2019 at 00:19, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

Here are some of the rules that help us protect them:

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

2. Don't let your assets stay on exchange too long

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

5. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably scam.

If you have any tips please do not hesitate to share it

Stay safe my friends

If you find this thread helpful feel free to mark is as interesting

Everything is right friend, when a good amount accumulates on the exchange, I transfer it to bitcoin core, and turn it on only for transfer, with the firewall turned on.

1 hour ago, Coinlover121 said:

When market is go down that time i'm hold my coin and wait for price up.

That is a great strategy from you. I am also holding my coins. In 218 many of my friends told me that I have to sell but I not and now I am very happy because the price is now increasing.

protecting the crypto is the basic tool and we can protect our crypto because we have lot of funds in the exchange and different wallets so protection is must and the security must be high.

Hard Worker 😎😎

The only way I used to protect my cryptocurrency is to make sure my mobile phone and my laptop is not touched by anyone who I don't trust 

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

On 10/17/2019 at 2:43 AM, lucky80 said:

If you can invest tens of thousands of dollars, so don't forget to invest in your own computer's security. It will cost you less than 50 bucks to have additional protection. 

If someone is going to invest thousands of dollars then they should surely get a ledger wallet.They shouldn't trust their computer too!

I think that fundamentally, creating and protecting your wallet can be summarized with the same key points:

You need to create a pair of keys, a public key and a private key. The wallet does come with a recovery phrase. Write these things down. Keep them in a safe place. Only share your public key with services you want to share it with. Keep your funds separated from each other, just like you do with your work account and your private account in the bank. Remember that custodial services such as exchanges and vaults are run by someone else. Generally you can trust these services, like you can trust a mainstream financial institution. This being said, even mainstream financial institutions do go under, therefore diversification is key in keeping your property safe.

31 minutes ago, cuterthing said:

If someone is going to invest thousands of dollars then they should surely get a ledger wallet.They shouldn't trust their computer too!

Yes, you are right about the hardware wallet. But you babbled about trust, then how do you access the network if you don't trust your computer? Try to explain in detail about this.

i protect my crypto by holding it for the long time, because i dont sell in the loss and always wait for the perfect time to sell them and i am very patience trader, i dont trade with greed, i always trade with cool mind and patience.

Hard Worker 😎😎

On 10/17/2019 at 3:19 AM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

Here are some of the rules that help us protect them:

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

2. Don't let your assets stay on exchange too long

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

5. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably scam.

If you have any tips please do not hesitate to share it

Stay safe my friends

If you find this thread helpful feel free to mark is as interesting

all your advices are just mind blowing my friend. this post is really very helpfull for the newbies. i think the main strategy is not to hear anyone in telegram😊

Bengali?

View this Topic

2 hours ago, Cryptonitebuen said:

Protecting your account is a very very complex task, you think it is safe but not, no file safe online.

Protecting your account depends more on you. It's better to create a separate mail for your account and never use it again. Do not log anything more into this mail and show it to anyone. 2fa security is very important. Also, your letter must contain uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.

5 minutes ago, lacusc62 said:

Yeahh, Nice advice. Separate email for each account or different password for each account it's really good too, Enable 2FA was really good too like email, google authenticator and SMS to our phone. Thanks for pointing this out!

Yes, different password for each exchange and different mail for each exchange. And the password for the mail should also be made very reliable. Because there are exchanges that do not allow you to log in as you log in from another IP. Therefore, until you confirm the login from another IP, you will not go to the account on the exchange. Therefore, if attackers want to log in to your account on the exchange, they will not be able to do so until they confirm the login from the new IP on your mail. Therefore, a strong password on mail is also important

• Useful or interesting 1

of course I really protect my crypto, so my crypto cannot be taken by anyone, because the crypto that I have is an asset of my life in the future, so I have to protect my crypto. I think crypto has enormous potential.

Thanks alot mate and really you have showed us a very good rules for protection of our cypto currencies if we all follow these rules then it will be very useful for us.

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

For me I protect my coins with using a hardware wallets and if I used online wallets I will activate everything is available and useful on this wallet like 2fa and e-mail confirmation 

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:06 PM, Mohs3n71 said:

this is the right way to do it for long term investments but many people just use online wallets because they find it very hard to control their own wallet

Yeah this is, people also need to be careful with where they are putting the private keys, there is many stories online about people losing all their crypto assets by misplacing their private keys. I believe saving it in a safe place and a one you will remember is the best.

6 hours ago, Maricem said:

are all exchange risky for us? i mean if i put my money long time in reputed exchanges like coinbase, binance, how safe or risky it is sir? want to know about this

I suggest that you hold your cryptocurrencies on exchanges as little time as possible. With reputable exchanges the risk is not as big but it is there.

15 hours ago, William . Hobbs said:

For me, I have been storing my coins for the last 3 years on the yobit platform Is the best platform for me in storage If you take precautions by not pressing external links you will not be hacked

Keeping it on the exchanges is the worst option because you do not own the coins and the exchange owns your coins. Even if the exchange is best for protection, it is best to keep your coins on a cold wallet. If you trade, you need to store some small part on the exchange

1 hour ago, Saladdin said:

That's right, at first I was thought that cryptopia is very reputed exchanger so I hold my all crypto currency there for a long time, as a result I lost everything now

Yes we never know when will owners of exchange decide to close it. Or it could be hack or something else so we can't access our money. Hope that we will get our money back from Cryptopia.

On 10/31/2019 at 4:00 PM, apealing said:

In my own opinion, protecting your assets wouldn't be a difficult task. There are several ways to hide your private details from reachable to other people. We need to get the right place.

Right to say if we keep our private key of our wallet from other people then there is zero percent chances that we will loss our coin.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:00 PM, dion2566 said:

to protect my crypto, in exchange i use 2FA Authenticator and in my email i use number phone so i always get inform if there is some one hack my email. besides that i use hardware wallet to save my crypto. hardware wallet is safer than software wallet.

Lol its not enough

If the exchange got hacked like cryptopia, how about your asset then?. Using an exchange or web wallet service to store your coin was not really recomended.