Protecting your crypto - Page 9 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Protecting your crypto

Just now, Rifat773 said:

I have no idea how to protect crypto. Please tell me how to protect it. I think it's best to stay away from scandal in crypto. General Chat Chat Loung

Do not share your wallet private key to other and do not like the unknown Facebook page some time they upload the scam link in their pages which will hack your computer.

5 hours ago, Hambohotdog said:

In order to protect my cypto I'm not telling to anybody my email and of course my password. And I'm only using my phone and not doing transactions on other devices. 

Yah, i agree with you, and of course we shouldn't share our accounts to any body else, for us to be more safe, we know that trusting others can make us fooled also by others, not everyone that looks trusted to you is trusted, we know there's anlot of temptation so i suggest to don't share your accounts to anybody else. 

11 hours ago, Mendeleev17 said:

Protecting the Bitcoin is not an issue now as because there are a lot of private wallets you can buy, which is secure and encrypted by strong algorithm.

Do you mean a hardware wallet? You have to buy it at an official store, so you don't get a compromised wallet.

11 hours ago, Rifat773 said:

I have no idea how to protect crypto. Please tell me how to protect it. I think it's best to stay away from scandal in crypto. General Chat Chat Loung

We are all discussing it and have already delivered it. You need to read a few posts back. And please fix the typo. 

11 hours ago, Lubna said:

yes. in this case, we have to.choose the person who is most close and trustworthy for my. My father, mother can be a great choice for this.

Of course, Family is primary option. 

11 hours ago, Herol said:

What I do to protect the web is that I use a web wallet because it's the easiest and most widely used and the safest offline storage solution creates a seamless experience for trading, trading, and protecting my crypto.

Bravo! Coinbase and ledger wallet is a perfect combination for me.  What about you?

12 hours ago, Rifat773 said:

protect crypto i think you need to learn you must save your crypto on private wallet and add 2fa i think coinomi and coinbase is best at the moment in my opinion .

Edited by sidik7

Appreciate it completely with the tips. The earth connected with cryptocurrencies can be quite risky in addition to most of us find out regular announcement connected with piracy in addition to sham. Many exchanger seemed to be hacked in addition to thieved purchaser dollars. Stick to this safe practices course of action

I juts make sure I spread all my crypto on different wallets, never keep your coins on the same wallet not all of them.

• Useful or interesting 1

I enable the maximum security settings possible, two-step authentication, and save the secret key from the wallets, + generate passwords for all wallets

Thanks for reminding us to be safe our coins mate, no one people will be agreed if they are losing some coins, they will secure our wallets and also keep the wallet file and privacy keys and make an duplicate of that in case of emergency we have already had back up.

It's my responsibility to save crypto because there are many hackers who can hack into crypto so change the password regularly and use a big and long difficult password.

On 12/6/2019 at 2:58 AM, amiraliko said:

I leave all on desktop wallets, but I'm thinking to buy a hardware wallet to make a safer way to protect my coins. I don't like paper wallets, but I have to admit that is a good way to protect yourself against hackers.

The paper wallet is the safest. However, the security depends on the way you manage it.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:11 PM, Tashfik said:

If you protecting your crypto then at first you need to choice a trusted wallet. I think yobit is the best trusted wallet I have ever seen. Everyone try to use this wallet.

Yobit is a trusted exchange, not a wallet. However, I hope this will encourage Yobit to make one.

This is actually a really good topic for discussion, especially for newbies, because crypto isn't like keeping money in a bank where its safe even if the bank gets robbed.  You have to take total control over your coins and keep them really secure.

Me, I use a hardware wallet for most of my coins.  The great thing is that a thief could steal the device but would have no way to access the coins.  I keep the seed phrase hidden away and locked up in duplicate.  Is it 100% safe?  Probably not, but it's as safe as it can get.

I wouldn't trust web wallets or exchange wallets like Coinbase or even software ones like Electrum if you really want security.  Either invest in a hardware wallet like a trezor or ledger or create a paper wallet and keep it secure.

Watch after the gadgets I enter crypto wallets from for they must be clear and safe enough and have no viruses. Otherwise it's become really easy to lose your savings that way 

On 10/17/2019 at 5:19 AM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

Here are some of the rules that help us protect them:

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

2. Don't let your assets stay on exchange too long

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

5. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably scam.

If you have any tips please do not hesitate to share it

Stay safe my friends

If you find this thread helpful feel free to mark is as interesting

Thankyou! These tips are so helpful. It is important that we diversify our cryptocurrencies or to withdraw them time by time just to be sure to avoid scams. 

Security for your crypto is biggest matter in nowadays. You have to keep your wallet password secret from others. You have to enable 2 factor for your wallet. And don't share wallet keys to others. 

Don't store your private keys onlins, Make sure you have a back up and it is better to have a back up on hardware wallet, Be careful on every transactions we do and  don't be asure on the links that is being provided. Those can help me to secure my crypto and maybe it can help you also.

On 10/17/2019 at 12:43 AM, lucky80 said:

If you can invest tens of thousands of dollars, so don't forget to invest in your own computer's security. It will cost you less than 50 bucks to have additional protection. 

Yes this is very important the majority of people are victim for not invest on their security also the websites exchange are victims.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:25 AM, Mohs3n71 said:

Good points, and always keep in mind that the safest way for holding your crypto for a long time is storing them in a hardware wallet

Yes you are right, there are not other option better than hardware wallet. The best option.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Protecting our crypto is hard because alot of hackers are just everywhere,even how we secured it,thats why we have to be very careful in every site or pages we visits,we must try to be private as possible as we can be,and i suggest using 2fa,it will help protect our crypto and every assets we have online.

Crypto asset regulations could be developed with the help of a new survey of stakeholders by the Basel Committee on Bank Supervision, which sets standards for bank regulators around the world.

A potential outcome of the survey is the establishment of minimum crypto asset standards internationally.

The Committee said the size of the crypto asset market is meaningful despite it’s a small part of the global financial system. Crypto is estimated to have reached a market cap of $800 billion in January 2018.

The global advisory center is urging banks to apply a conservative regulatory treatment to crypto assets, particularly for high-risk varieties.

10 minutes ago, Selfish777 said:

I lost my coins so much time specially in an exchange i buy coins on a exchange which is hacked and my all money gone in just 1 day so now i invest my money in different exchanges to safe my coins becauseing using a single exchange will give you a huge loss when that exchange is hacked.

Don't keep most of your money in exchange site, and you must have an attitude to cash out your [rofits weekly or monthly not leave it in the exchanges,

i like your tips.i think it one of the best posts on cryptotalk.org.you have covered almost all the aspects of threat.cryptocurrency has biggest threat with hackers and scammers.if we will follow your tips we are going to be always safe.

I always protecting my cryptocurrency in my wallet.

Mostly i secure it on my mobile wallet. Because that wallet is really easy to use and good to used outside.

If on computer we need many times to open. I also transfer with my wallet to decrease the fees and times.

If i trading cryptocurrency and already get some Bitcoin, i will prefer to transfer it first to my wallet for securing my asset. Where we know exchanges have possibility get hacked, but not if already on our wallet.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

Everyone should protect their own cryptocurrency.If you do not protect your crypto you can lost yout crypto.So every crypto holders needs to protect their Cryptocurrency

It is very essential for you to protect your crypto currency.if you don't do this than you have a chance to lose your coin .so you should protect your crypto currency.

Regards substantially for one's help and advice. A society from cryptocurrencies is perilous not to mention we tend to learn day to day press from piracy not to mention deception. A considerable amount of exchanger was hacked not to mention ripped off customer's profit. Meet typically the defense approach.