How to add tokens to MyEtherwallet - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

How to add tokens to MyEtherwallet

Hello my friends.

Sometimes you get some tokens from an Airdrops or bounty and it is sent to MyEtherwallet, but when you enter your wallet you do not find this tokens present !! what is the reason?The reason is that it must be manually added to MyEtherwallet. So how do we do this? Let us follow the explanation:

1- 

1.thumb.jpg.b924615a472b706104c17cdd059bf6ab.jpg

2 - 

2.thumb.jpg.19cf8cff0338684790576cdb121bc51f.jpg

Let us take a practical example
We want to add the HTX token, we take the steps as shown in the picture:
1 - Token address: 0xedbcc06b603ea1f512720a4073a62cc4fdefcb86
2 - Token Symbol:  HTX

3 - Decimals: 0

3.thumb.jpg.62b06c8e7a57d58f3a49a3054abe26d8.jpg

Edited by Crypto123
correction

Yes, everything is explained in detail and thank you. When saving and pressing the "Save" button, the token that you entered pops up. This is an updated interface of the Ethereum cryptocurrency platform, which is very convenient to use. 

• Useful or interesting 2

19 hours ago, bliznec said:

Yes, everything is explained in detail and thank you. When saving and pressing the "Save" button, the token that you entered pops up. This is an updated interface of the Ethereum cryptocurrency platform, which is very convenient to use. 

Thank you my friend, yes the MyEtherWallet interface has been developed in a big way and very comfortable, I dealt with the old interface and it was a bit difficult but this interface is very comfortable and much easier.

50 minutes ago, Kgn78690 said:

This information is good for beginners who has recently joined myetherwallet or those person who wants to add token in myetherwallet 

Yes, right, there are some people, especially the new members, who do not know how to add icons to MyEtherWallet, and I have heard many of their questions on Facebook's Groups, so I wanted to explain the way here for everyone to benefit.

6 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Thank you my friend, yes the MyEtherWallet interface has been developed in a big way and very comfortable, I dealt with the old interface and it was a bit difficult but this interface is very comfortable and much easier.

This interface was developed recently in the MyEtherWallet cryptocurrency wallet. The old interface suited me, but eventually got used to the new one. Thanks MyEtherWallet, a very excellent and convenient wallet. 

2 hours ago, bliznec said:

This interface was developed recently in the MyEtherWallet cryptocurrency wallet. The old interface suited me, but eventually got used to the new one. Thanks MyEtherWallet, a very excellent and convenient wallet. 

Well it seems that you are a fan of old things, my friend, yes the old interface was easy for the expert but a little difficult for new members, I was member in many groups and I had many questions about adding tokens in the old wallet. In the new interface, however, things are much easier.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:52 AM, Crypto123 said:

Hello my friends.

Sometimes you get some tokens from an Airdrops or bounty and it is sent to MyEtherwallet, but when you enter your wallet you do not find this code present !! what is the reason?The reason is that it must be manually added to MyEtherwallet. So how do we do this? Let us follow the explanation:

Great tutorial about adding token on MEW  i use all the time the website version but first time that i see the mobile version and it's look good 

7 hours ago, scorpiali said:

Great tutorial about adding token on MEW  i use all the time the website version but first time that i see the mobile version and it's look good 

Thank you, my dear friend, yes the MyEtherWallet  interface has been greatly improved, and this new interface looks great and is much more user friendly than the old one. Several features and facilities have been added.

7 minutes ago, Crypto123 said:

Thank you, my dear friend, yes the MyEtherWallet  interface has been greatly improved, and this new interface looks great and is much more user friendly than the old one. Several features and facilities have been added.

Great for sure i will install this one and use it , i love try application specially the app that i know how i work with it , i hope they have more feature than the website version 

thank you for providing this useful information, I never did it this way because I immediately saw what coins I had, and mostly I use myetherwallet on my phone not on web.

1 hour ago, CrimBit2020 said:

Nice one, nothing to say again. Everything as been well explained. But, I have some this before reading this, it was simple to create such coins or token on any wallet i have used. And, it ks the address you created. 

Thank you I have tried to do a detailed explanation so that everyone, especially the new members, can benefit. As for your words, it is not possible to easily add this token in other portfolios, but correctly in the myetherwallet, not all tokens are added and must be added manually.

12 minutes ago, ChilBran said:

Nice one. It I an easy steps to follow. Nice one, you deserve a good reputation. I do not like that wallet because it support only ethereum, et here um class I and ethereum tokens. 

Thank you, my friend, I am glad that you found the topic good and useful. Your words about MyetherWalt are true. They support Ethereum and Tokens that depend on the Ethereum network, but you will definitely need them if you get them in Airdrop or Bounty.

13 hours ago, omaralirajbd said:

Thanks dear friend you share a good news for beginners. This topic helpful for beginners. I think I try step and benefits them.

You're welcome, yes, I think the topic is useful for everyone, especially beginners who work in the Airdrops and get token and do not know to add it to the Myetherwallet. I heard a lot of questions from them so I liked to do this explanation.

The tokens for that wallet are under the ethereum network, with ERC20 technology, to add a specific token you must search for it in etherscan with a name there you get the contract of the selected token, and you will add to your ERC20 wallet in this case myetherwallet.

1 hour ago, Binjit said:

This is useful topic for every members who is using myetherwallet many new users are dont know how
to add token in myetherwallet new version of MEW wallet is little bit we have to know all function
before use it 

Yes, many new members do not know how to add tokens, there are many members who get tokens from Airdrop and Bounty and ask about how to add tokens to myetherwallet so this explanation will be useful to them.

On 3/23/2020 at 6:50 PM, bliznec said:

Yes indeed this information is really good for beginners like me. I have recently joined this huge cryptoworld so yes I'm really grateful to you that you shared this information. I have been participating in different bounty and airdrops. 

16 hours ago, Lover840 said:

Yes indeed this information is really good for beginners like me. I have recently joined this huge cryptoworld so yes I'm really grateful to you that you shared this information. I have been participating in different bounty and airdrops. 

It is good that you take part in various areas of programs and ICO. Thank you for talking about cryptocurrency well.

20 hours ago, Strangernew1 said:

Yes i was really confused about it in the beginning. I had to Google and then YouTube about it to learn the proper steps. Thank you for sharing this precious information with screenshots. 

You are very welcome, I am very pleased that the explanation with the pictures you liked and I am glad that I was able to do a good job so that this forum becomes a place to get explanations and useful information. This is what makes the forum rise in rank.

48 minutes ago, Ngetpa said:

I honestly does not have any etherwallet but upon reading it maybe I will try it. Thank you for sharing this because somehow I got an idea how to do it so.

It is a good idea to own myetherwallet, it is free and you may need it one day to receive some ERC20 token. These tokens can be obtained from Bounty or Airdrop, so it is good to have one.

4 hours ago, GanDuba said:

Although, if I download myether wallet, I will get how to add cryptocurrencies  and tokens, but this article is very helpful. Thanks for this. 

I am glad that you liked this explanation, I have tried to be simple and easy for everyone to understand and benefit from it and also made the explanation with pictures because this is easier and faster to understand, especially for new members. I hope everyone has benefited.

3 minutes ago, Blessing36 said:

Thanks for the information. You've really explained this well. I use several wallets and my ether is one of them and you've really explained how to add tokens especially with all this pictures. Very good tutorial

Thank you, I am glad that you liked this tutorial that I made, by entering various forums and groups I found many people do not know how to add tokens to myetherwallet so I decided to do this tutorial to help them.

Edited by Crypto123
correction

4 hours ago, lovecrypto19 said:

The explanation is very concise, clear and understandable. For this, hopefully myetherwallet wallet users can understand how to add tokens and how to do transactions or other things.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I tried to be as brief and understandable as possible so that the largest number of members benefit from it. There are many new members who need such explanations.

Thank you for sharing this information I found it helpful and useful, because you have explained the things with screenshot this is very important to guide some members to add their tokens to MyEtherwallet. easy.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

7 hours ago, tienda said:

Thank you for sharing this information I found it helpful and useful, because you have explained the things with screenshot this is very important to guide some members to add their tokens to MyEtherwallet. easy.

Thank you, my friend, and I am very glad that you found it useful. Yes, I always prefer explaining using screenshots so that things are clear and easy to understand, especially for new members who may have little experience with such things.

2 hours ago, lovecrypto19 said:

You are welcome, friend.
Indeed, new users continue to be present in crypto and indeed there are many things they have to learn and the things you say are one of the many things learned in crypto.

Yes, right, new members have a lot of important things that they should learn, and here we try as much as possible to write useful topics and provide explanations with pictures so that we teach him some important things that they have to learn.