What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy

Say you have a bitcoin wallet and you have a printed copy with the seed. You stored in a safe deposit box and someday you discovered that the printed copy is not there with some other money you had there. I mean, someday you discovered that you someone stole everything from that deposit box. 

What will you do to get back your coins (assuming other things are not as much important as the coins you have)?

Let's share the idea of how we can see ourselves not to be a situation like this.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

7 minutes ago, hakimgentlemen said:

I think that to activate an account will also have your ip address of your computer to go on the site and make transactions? to know the sum too but I believe that technology can offer numbers solutions in a case of flying

I have no idea what are you talking about. For making a bitcoin transaction one do not need to know any IP 😊

4 minutes ago, clarityfund said:

I guess the only thing that you can do in this situation is to go to your local police station and report a theft. If you are lucky you will get what was stolen but in case of Bitcoin I am afraid they will most likely be lost

Yeah in case of bitcoin we are defiantly losing them if we did not have any back up plane and that is what I am interested to know.

• +3 1

2 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I have no idea what are you talking about. For making a bitcoin transaction one do not need to know any IP 😊

Yeah in case of bitcoin we are defiantly losing them if we did not have any back up plane and that is what I am interested to know.

I make you a proposal to protect your account by your IP address because if you had a safe and a good BTC wallet automatically or you will carry out your transactions by your smartphone or your laptop! Here is my friend!

• +3 1

Just now, hakimgentlemen said:

I make you a proposal to protect your account by your IP address because if you had a safe and a good BTC wallet automatically or you will carry out your transactions by your smartphone or your laptop! Here is my friend!

And how do you do that? I think you are getting it wrong here. There are no such binding with IP for Bitcoin. Anyone with the access of your seed or private key can transfer the coin to anywhere.

There is nothing that can be done in that kind of situation because you can't reverse a transaction on the blockchain. The only only thing you can do is to forget about it and improvise on where and how you keep the deposit box and also your hard copy. 

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

11 minutes ago, bitcoworld said:

I smiled so bad 😄 people need to collect 1K Sats on Yobit so spamming the forums seems a good earnings source some of them think.

Well seriously some of the people do not have any idea what they talk LOL

11 minutes ago, bitcoworld said:

Good answer, there is absolutely nothing you can do.

Yeah one can not do anything however my goal was to find an answer of how we can prevent us from seeing any situation like this. Petty that I can not edit the OP now LOL

8 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Say you have a bitcoin wallet and you have a printed copy with the seed. You stored in a safe deposit box and someday you discovered that the printed copy is not there with some other money you had there. I mean, someday you discovered that you someone stole everything from that deposit box. 

What will you do to get back your coins (assuming other things are not as much important as the coins you have)?

Let's share the idea of how we can see ourselves not to be a situation like this.

Check the wallet first,,,than crying if is empty, nothing we can do if those wallet is empty

There is nothing that you can do, after that you can just learn a lesson and next time be more cautious about your security

12 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

First of all i will be relax my mind and think for what we can do. With the help of wallet authorities we can recover private keys and private key is organized in backend server with encryption. I'm not sure but these things happen because i lost my private key for a coin i have a paper wallet, But it recovered with KYC. As the wallet owner asked me to verify my self and they take about 14+ days to get back my private key. in this way i got recovered. Be patience and relax because this is case senstive if you ask for asap then you will consider as shady so be relax once you get to support.

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

The only chance is in case the thieves don't know what Bitcoin is and your hard copy in the safe deposit is not clear what it contains.

Then, if you have another copy of the mnemonic, you'll be able to get your coins. Else, as already stated, you've lost them forever.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|           If you have a good offer for my signature space or you need Romanian translation PM me.           |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|     Let's share the referral commission equallyhttps://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=LN1VWYR6     |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

That thing is very difficult to happen because you already have saved your coins in a safe wallet, I think you have to do that before doing any exchanges or pay for invest,but if it already happened then you have to change you wallet to another doing this fast as you can. 

14 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

well, if you have more copies of the seed phrase, the first thing would be to retrieve your digital asets to another wallet, if you are still on time to do it (probability is that the thief doesn't know how to use it or even what it is unless you have some more directions printed other than the seed)

if they are already missing I don't know if there is anything else you can do

The whole idea was to discuss about the to do thing to avoid this kind of situation and to have back up copies but later I discovered that I can not edit the post like you can do in other forum easily. 

So the discussion changed and I have created another topic to discuss about the things we can do to prevent such situations. Here is the link.

1 hour ago, simkirill86 said:

Firstly: don’t store anything in one place. Diversification is the key. And if You store anything — protect the hell out of it. Basic cyphering could actually help.

Diversify what? My coins in different wallet or different copy of the wallet file or information.

I do not think the first one is appropriate. You can keep all your asserts in one place I mean in one wallet but the wallet information should be protected and really make sure the you have more than one copy. If anything happen with one copy then you have other one for safety.

Maybe i will cry. Im never expect about it. But my question, Why we must printed our seed on paper and save it on deposit box? 😭😭

Edited by Retno

20 minutes ago, Retno said:

But my question, Why we must printed our seed on paper and save it on deposit box? 😭😭

Well in this case my question is what is in your mind when you are thinking to keep your wallet information safe?

What are the options you think of?

You must have some sort of security measurement to keep your coins safe, right?

2 hours ago, edille said:

Maybe i try to bring it back or i call some expert to help me? i not ready for that and also i don't know what to do if it is happen so i hope i won't encounter that thing.

Well won't it be smart to prepare for this kind of events so that you do not lose out your funds. I have created a follow up topic for solution. May be this will be helpful.

Here it is.

Feel free to share you ideas as well if you have any.

I guess you can't do much about it other than announcing local authorities about that. But since cryptocurrencies are not so known in the world yet I doubt they will even know what it is and even if they do they can't do much about it.

Of course, you can file a complaint to the nearest police station in your country without any delay. They may be able to arrest him.

12 hours ago, Nufele said:

Really that's very bad since I consider to know the person that took it I will follow him up dumb and deaf but I will surely get to know what he is going to do with it

Well honestly speaking if that happens then you really can not do much but if you can prepare yourself not to fall in this kind of situation then you will not need to regret. My goal with this topic was to discuss about the option to prevent and here is the other topic I did the follow up. Feel free to visit:

1 hour ago, Ong Dod said:

the best thing to do is to remember it all

Very risky. Human mind sometimes do tricks and if you someone miss a piece of that memory then you are done.

I used to have a bank account and I had this password in mind. One day I totally had this empty in mind. I remember for the next few months I wanted to remember the password but I could not, eventually I gave up. The experience was funny and at the same time frustrating too. Now here you are talking about remembering 12 words and their sequences.

maybe I would if the thief took my copy, I reprimanded and I would report it to the authorities, if that person actually took my copy, so that person no longer took my copy back.

If you have a backup copy of the private key for this paper wallet, you must rush to enter it before the thief enters it and try to take out the coins. If you don't have a second version, I don't think you can do anything.

Yes this is very difficult to accept if it happens and hopefully it does not happen to us all. Maybe all you can do is report to the police and check the cctv of the house if you have one. And keep praying