What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy - Page 3 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy

Of course, if that happens then you will have to check your wallet balance immediately. If the thief was ignorant that this is for seeds and the balance will be in place then I'll just put another wallet and transfer all his coins to him

11 hours ago, wilbertson said:

I know they say that should keep your keys offline but i prefer storing them in a cloud storage.

Storing in cloud storage is a good idea. Still, we don't know how secure that cloud storage even if they say that they can save the customer data for almost 100% and they guarantee that they will work in 24/7, I prefer to save it in my place because that will make me not to worry if the cloud storage somehow gets hacked. We cannot be sure that if one file is stored in the cloud storage will be saved for 100% because we heard that there are many cases about hacking or stealing the customer data. So we need to protect our data or our keys.

I think there is no way to get back all the asset. you can your best so you can go to the nearest police station. you should tell them details about your problem. I think they may help you.

I'm afraid that if this happens, the money from the wallet will be lost forever, so I do not store access keys in real life, only on a computer that does not have access to the Internet. (As a Notepad file)

First action we need is go to support ( customer service ) try to block anything from our wallet, recover the data and move into another safe place. Go to the police is the next step, cover your wallet first because this is right thing to do.

• Useful or interesting 1

Well i guess all i can do is move on, and never let this kind of mistake happen again. this thing happen if you are careless into your belongings that is really important. In every mistakes there is a lesson.

If I was robbed of a hardware wallet by a thief, I would blame myself first and cry because of money, there's no other way. Thinking that it is the safest to lose is also the end, you have any way to share
thank you

I think if i faced this issue then i must make a complaint to recover my asset. firstly all should put his private to a highly secured place must.

Meh i am not really care about it.

Because i know thief in my country is not well educated. They become thief because poor and have wrong mindset.

So i think they will throw the paper, because they think that is only magic spell lol.

But let's say they know about Bitcoin, then take my seed from the paper. I just hope they confused and i will soon move my fund to exchanges first to save it.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

On 10/17/2019 at 1:13 AM, xBDT Script said:

Say you have a bitcoin wallet and you have a printed copy with the seed. You stored in a safe deposit box and someday you discovered that the printed copy is not there with some other money you had there. I mean, someday you discovered that you someone stole everything from that deposit box. 

What will you do to get back your coins (assuming other things are not as much important as the coins you have)?

Let's share the idea of how we can see ourselves not to be a situation like this.

Let's say I have a duplicate seed. I will check my wallet and hoping that the fund is still safe. Do you think all people will recognize it as a seed word? There is a chance that the fund is safe.

<Bitcoin> 33UiM7HjYSH9ZuCfdQiRKmWNJdGhLx444W

Ha, everything is very simple, when a thief crawls into me and begins to rob me, he will understand that I have nothing and will leave me $ 10 on the table

May be u trying to say my bitcoin wallet record if thief takes from me ,,then what I will do ?

Ok..

If a thief my hard copy or print copy takes from me ,,and go away from me ..I think I have to stay  a soft copy ,,then I will printed another copy..

On 10/17/2019 at 12:13 AM, xBDT Script said:

Say you have a bitcoin wallet and you have a printed copy with the seed. You stored in a safe deposit box and someday you discovered that the printed copy is not there with some other money you had there. I mean, someday you discovered that you someone stole everything from that deposit box. 

What will you do to get back your coins (assuming other things are not as much important as the coins you have)?

Let's share the idea of how we can see ourselves not to be a situation like this.

I think I hava to go to the police and report about incident.

Improve online skills and get more information about online earning https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:59 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

The only chance is in case the thieves don't know what Bitcoin is and your hard copy in the safe deposit is not clear what it contains.

Then, if you have another copy of the mnemonic, you'll be able to get your coins. Else, as already stated, you've lost them forever.

I am agree with you. if you have a similar copy then you can easily transfer your all asset to any new wallet to secure it or you have to lost all.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:13 PM, xBDT Script said:

If i have stored keys on another soft location i can recover my funnds or transfer them to another account, but if i have only that printed hard copy then i will have lost my funds too. Its better to store our keys on minimum two locations as in case of sudden theft we can use another stored keys to safe our funds.

Shouldn't it be possible to change the private key of the wallet if this is possible, or are all private keys immutable and final?

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

A thief stolen my hard copy then I do my account to any one access my account without permission and they can't touch my account and I do all start and I don't to and online I am not give my money to use then stolen my hard wallet and spread all over the world to give some information how he stolen my account any hacking 

10 hours ago, suiriafunc said:

If they may be as of now misplaced I do not recognise in case there may be some thing else you will do

Yes it's true he can't do anything he should be carful about that, because the Crypto currency is not legalized in all countries but it's depan on witch country you live

I really hate the thieves, if I ever lose the hard copy, I think I will be very sad, I think it will be difficult to get back the hard copy or the police will help me in this. This will be a great lesson for me

the main idea when inwill find out the coins will be gone.

I will not but my copy there. i will make photos and copy and put them in a safe please.

that wil be better.. i guess..???

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, Cryptokiller said:

I will do recover as soon as possible because if I dont recover it then I will lose all my funds.

I will also try for recovering my account as the account security is very much needed first to stop any kind kind of loss in crypto trading and need to be aware much about wallet.

In situation you are we have nothing to do because already all gone and nothing good can happen as you lost your all secure things mean printed copy is gone and he already steal your all money now you cannot recover this just try to have some better place next time for your print copy and all equipments which are in your use.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:31 PM, Retno said:

Maybe i will cry. Im never expect about it. But my question, Why we must printed our seed on paper and save it on deposit box? 😭😭

I think if you do it then it will be good and secured but if anyone can see your private keys then he must steal your asset so please store your key to any personal private place.