Feature request: searching from within a topic? - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

Feature request: searching from within a topic?

Apologies if this feature already exists; then I am looking in the wrong place!

But as far as I know, we cannot do this yet; I would like to be able to search within a single topic, from within the topic view itself. That serves two purposes:

• someone can check if someone else already commented on a specific part of the question, so it avoids repeats (and instead allows building on previous answers, to generate better content), and
  • it makes searching for spammers easier, because you can easily search if a specific search string already appears in the topic.

For the long term, the first reason is most important, but currently (to free the forum of spammers) the second one would be really helpful!

• Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 11
  • +2 5
  • +3 3
  • +4 2

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

The feature you mentioned is really commendable.This feature will reduce the number of spammers and we can easily check their activities.Hence the purpose of cryptotalk(appearing as a decent forum in my opinion) will be obtained!

• +1 3

Until this time the search feature within the topic is not present you can only search from the main page and it will be very good to add this feature to the topics it enables us to get away from providing similar responses

• +2 1

I try not to answer more than two times, in one post. Yes, if a conversation, correspondence, between the interlocutors arose, then it is worth leaving more than two comments. 

Adsing the will be a good for forum we can have spam free forum.Where members can built forum with betrer contwnt.Their quality can be improved they can improvise their skills fully.This forum is in growth faze where we can add many helpful things for all members.

• +1 1

I also think about this most of the times. Imagine commenting on a topic when another person have also said the same thing. But I can tell you that even if you are saying the same thing with another person, your use of word and arrangements will definitely not be the same with others. That's what I believe 

• +1 2
  • +2 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

This feature is really good but it is difficult to implement because I do not think that the members will do the research before the comment, they will comment again to gain benefit from that.

On 3/21/2020 at 4:14 PM, johant123 said:

someone can check if someone else already commented on a specific part of the question, so it avoids repeats (and instead allows building on previous answers, to generate better content), and

This feature might work for honest individuals who really wants to contribute, but will be surely lost on others who wants to spam for the pay-per-post reward, so as long as we have shitposting users, this problem of repetitive content will persist.

it makes searching for spammers easier, because you can easily search if a specific search string already appears in the topic.

If the spammer cleverly paraphrases his text (as in most cases) searching for spam will become more difficult. You have to be able to spot them manually to do so.

But as far as I know, we cannot do this yet; I would like to be able to search within a single topic, from within the topic view itself.

Aside from the search feature's Advanced Option on this forum? I don't know about the other OS on PC and mobile, but on MS Windows, there is a [ [CTRL] + F ] shortcut feature that lets you find similar text in a page by typing a specific word or phrase on it. That is what I've been using.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

Nice feature suggestion it was going to help us by at least reducing the number of repeatedly topics we comment on especially when using the search section.

Edited by George10
  • +4 1

On 3/21/2020 at 9:14 AM, johant123 said:

Apologies if this feature already exists; then I am looking in the wrong place!

But as far as I know, we cannot do this yet; I would like to be able to search within a single topic, from within the topic view itself. That serves two purposes:

• someone can check if someone else already commented on a specific part of the question, so it avoids repeats (and instead allows building on previous answers, to generate better content), and
  • it makes searching for spammers easier, because you can easily search if a specific search string already appears in the topic.

For the long term, the first reason is most important, but currently (to free the forum of spammers) the second one would be really helpful!

To tell the truth, spammers will still makes use of the forum. Some are very perfect. What given them room here is the 30 posts. Only if the posts are reduced to 10, it will really make us see more spam posts. 

This would be a good feature to avoid spammers, but as for your first reasoning, i do not agree fully. Even if someone has addressed the first issue in a topic, their explanation might not be clear and therefore another member may be able to provide a better and simpler answer to their topic. Therefore they will still have the need to respond. I do however agree that it will help to identify the spammers.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

It would be very good for the forum to provide such an option because it would enable us to search for responses within the topic so that we avoid writing a reply similar to an answer that already exists in the forum.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I don't know why forum users don't read the rules. This is not difficult. 70% of topics are copy paste which is very bad. The forum should be interesting and new information but unfortunately I do not see any interesting information on the forum. I think soon things will change and the forums will get better

i appreciate your these points. both can help forum to grow. But i think first one is quite difficult to do. And second is also important to get rid of spammers. 

• +1 1

Although this is a good feature to add to help check the contents of the comment in one content,But this feature require great amount of time to do ,Well I do hope the moderators consider adding a second search feature in the content post.

Get 10% Kickback on your Trading fees using this Link : https://www.binance.com  

If you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you'll receive

$10 worth of free Bitcoin! Link : Coinbase

publishOX.gif.48cd9f50f6786cac26a168b63e1b61ba.gif

Just to make clear ... this was user error; the feature is already there 😬

If you go to the search box, you can select whether to search the whole forum, the section, or the specific topic. So it is working already! 🙂 🙂 

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

1 hour ago, Kschitez Raj said:

Do you mean that, a new search engine should be there, where we can search the topic, is that the matter, because I am not able to understand your message. Your first purpose is clear but I am not able to get second one.

As I wrote here, the functionality is already there .. I just overlooked it! (I didn't see you can refine your searches)

On 3/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, Zaknov said:

These features may be very great to add but, i have to mention that the first option is kinda impossible to do, it's not very impossible but it needs a very strong algorithm or something.

yeah it could be what we typed in the search bar already commented, but in a different word and that's what causes algorithms to not detect what we mean

this feature which you have suggested is very good .we can easily get the topics without any hardwork.hopefully this forum will consider  this feature in the future

That was a good idea to avoid repetition of posts. But i don't think many members here will take time to research first as many are just eager to earn and complete the 30posts daily.

Inside posts that don't contain many pages, I guess you can use ctrl+f and input a key-word. Still in posts that contain many pages of replies a function as the one you are recommending will be absolutely useful. I don't know though if it is possible to be easily implemented in the code though.

Your feature is good this forum also need this type feature, but o don't think its success, because in this forum so many members works can they search before post and comment, because every one in this forum to complete their task in short time, then how they use this feature properly.

• +1 2

Actually having to do this sort of filter will be like bizzare in a way as you basically search on in single forum to see of there's no comment about it.... Kind of not clicking too well

I think the search feature is already in this forum and the search method you want can be specified when you click on the search bar in the forum

• +1 2

THINK POSITIVE

I don’t know if this feature exists or not, but your suggestion is very beautiful, but we have to get to know this forum well and know the function of each of the buttons in the forum and how this will help us write in the forum.