Feature request: searching from within a topic? - Page 4 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

Feature request: searching from within a topic?

On 3/21/2020 at 4:14 AM, johant123 said:

Apologies if this feature already exists; then I am looking in the wrong place!

But as far as I know, we cannot do this yet; I would like to be able to search within a single topic, from within the topic view itself. That serves two purposes:

• someone can check if someone else already commented on a specific part of the question, so it avoids repeats (and instead allows building on previous answers, to generate better content), and
  • it makes searching for spammers easier, because you can easily search if a specific search string already appears in the topic.

For the long term, the first reason is most important, but currently (to free the forum of spammers) the second one would be really helpful!

I also think that it would be good to have this feature mainly to avoid creating a comment similar to another and not run the risk of incurring a penalty for this and it would also help a lot to reduce spam in the topics.

• +4 1

Well that would be good if we can search in a specific topic. But rather than searching for similar post we should ask for the search of if specific member commented on it. I know we all have someone favourite senior in this forum. They clear our thoughts more than anyone. So i can search for my specific member if he commented or not. That would be good i guess.

• +4 1

There are many advantages in the forum where members can use the search button to search for topics in the forum. In this way, the number of unhelpful posts will decrease and there will be no duplicate posts because members will find their answers by searching

I like your Idea and think it is very useful one but it needs to be implemented in an efficient way, imagine that you will search within each post to see if someone else has said what you intend to express, this will take forever my friend, do not worry people have similar ideas but never identical ones, so go on and express your opinions.

But the cool thing is that the developers have worked hard on the search engine, and now it allows you to search for absolutely anything, and it's really cool. Because this system makes it easier for us to live and interact with various sources. We can search not only for topics or messages, but also for users!

Yes, my friend, your suggestion is good if it is approved by the moderators of the forum, because through it we can detect many spammers and detect plagiarism as well, I hope this feature will be added.

There are several useful options within the search section of the forum and this simplifies the command you are looking for. And you can find the search option either within the title of topics or within the title and body of topics. You can also choose to search for separate or combined words and during a specific period as well. So I think that if you customize the search well, you will find exactly what you are looking for.

• +1 1

There is a contradictory part about the importance of the search button within the topic itself, as you say that it serves to know who commented on the post, knowing that the notifications button is the one who does this task

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I have not seen this feature in the forum yet and even there is not such issue or feature that is needed in the forum, but if they add the search within the topic it would be addition but not all of the people will be using it.

• +1 1

yes you are right it will be an amazing option if we are allowed to search with in a topic in the forum but I don't think it is needed because we do not need to search something from the topic and post at that point.

• +1 1

There is a general search engine in the forum where if you put keywords that refer to what you want to publish you can find related publications and thus determine if the publication you want to make already exists or not. It would be interesting if this function was personalized for each topic as this would generate more specific results with respect to our searches. Cryptotalk is a relatively new forum but with great progress and growth and I imagine that in the future they will be able to include this application.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1

Always act with conscience and a sense of camaraderie and every time you make a post, stop for a moment and review in detail the posts of other members around you, so that you can give your respective reaction. :classic_wink:

I think this feature may be a good addition to the forum, especially when trying to locate specific content within the threads, rather than skimming throughout, this feature would make life easier and in turn would further our efficiency when participating in the forum.

• +1 1

Your proposal is very interesting because many times we want to find certain comments or specific answers on a topic and searching for a keyword would help us a lot because in many cases a topic has too many pages.
On the other hand it would serve to find spammers more easily and clean the forum a bit, this option would also help the moderators.

• +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                

The features where absolutely great but it should search bar to confirm topic to avoid delection of most our post. 

it is frustrating if you need to do a search with in the forum and it takes a lot of time and efforts if the forum adds this feature you are talking about that would be great thing.

And the this feature should also add;

Member who create the post the description should pinned. Because for detail of each question i use to go 1st page which is too much time consuming. Please add this as well

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800

The Cryptotalk box search, it is  here for doing search of a such topic or post and words…etc This help us find if a such topic exist yet through the keyword, of course you will not find a long sentence. But I think it will be better for us for not creating a topic if we find a similitude topic.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

It is nice suggestion but I do not think it is a necessary one... searching within a topic is not that hard ... you can read all the comments in about five minutes no more than that... and concerning the forum you can search by topic and specify your search to get it narrowed down.

• +1 1

For what has an advantage will surely has disadvantage. With this, I'm deep satisfied that your idea is worth commendable.

In your explanation, you've already clarified 'Search Feature' advantages and disadvantages.

Therefore, we only need and have to use it for it's main purpose because of our own consideration.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:44 PM, johant123 said:

Apologies if this feature already exists; then I am looking in the wrong place!

But as far as I know, we cannot do this yet; I would like to be able to search within a single topic, from within the topic view itself. That serves two purposes:

• someone can check if someone else already commented on a specific part of the question, so it avoids repeats (and instead allows building on previous answers, to generate better content), and
  • it makes searching for spammers easier, because you can easily search if a specific search string already appears in the topic.

For the long term, the first reason is most important, but currently (to free the forum of spammers) the second one would be really helpful!

I have noticed that many of the commons which come under topics are repetitive and never really add anything to the topic given above. By implementing the the feature you have mentioned I believe that these repetitive comments would be reduced greatly.

I definitely think you shared a very good suggestion. Checking if any topic has already been posted in the search section, I think, will greatly reduce spam. Thanks for your suggestion.

Thank you for this wonderful contribution mate.

I admire and respect all of the top senior members who are giving their best to the forum.

Everyone needs to learn but how can one learn when no one teaches?

The search feature would be beneficial for all of us. We all familiar with the rule that anyone who creates the topic which exists already will get a warning point. If he continues to create existing topics then he will be banned. So by utilizing search feature a member can examine whether the topic exists or not. If not, then go and create your own topic but remember your topic should also contain valuable information otherwise it will be removed.

Yes, I completely agree with this, this feature does not exist yet, but it will be really useful and will enable us to search whether the comment that we will write has been written in advance or not, which reduces the frequency, and also helps to detect fraudsters quite easily

• +4 1