To those with very long posts - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Maroua

To those with very long posts

Sometimes we see long posts, I hope that you do not write very long words because it is difficult to focus if the post is long and includes several topics to respond to, I hope you write a medium-sized and understandable publication. Because there are many beginners in the forum, if you write more than one topic, it is difficult to respond Very much, I hope you can understand it.

• Useful or interesting 4

9 minutes ago, Qpella said:

Lets make our post short and precise as possible.dont beat around the bush and just go straight to the point.its not about how long the your post are but how meaningful they are.

This is what I mean by this post, long posts are boring, but let's make them medium in size, meaningful, and useful.

8 minutes ago, Thaaer said:

Yes, this is good and good talk ... I agree with the opinion, because when there is a long participation, this afflicts us with a state of boredom or lack of focus .. The information can be given in a short, understandable, or in a piecemeal fashion.

Thank you, dear, for agreeing with the opinion, and thank you for the beautiful response that I wrote, I am trying to write things that benefit all of us and I hope I can do that.

1 hour ago, Maroua said:

Sometimes we see long posts, I hope that you do not write very long words because it is difficult to focus if the post is long and includes several topics to respond to, I hope you write a medium-sized and understandable publication. Because there are many beginners in the forum, if you write more than one topic, it is difficult to respond Very much, I hope you can understand it.

Post should not be created to adhere to someone's likes or dislikes. It should carry meaning or idea, or solution or discussion of problem. A post can be short or long, depending on the context of the problem discussed in the post. If something can be explained in 5 lines, should not be 50 lines, and if something can only be explained in 50 lines, should not be compacted to 5 lines. As a poster and a reader I like to see long post, which give food to my brain, and it should not be only because i get paid to post, that I will respond to a thread. As a poster if you have problems with long but genuine post, I suggest just avoid it, instead of asking to people to change their way of writing for you.

• Useful or interesting 2

2 hours ago, Maroua said:

Because there are many beginners in the forum, if you write more than one topic, it is difficult to respond Very much, I hope you can understand it.

A long post could have a single topic, just elaborated for the most detailed explanation.

Beginners, if cannot cope up, are free to use the For Beginners section in the forum.

A comparison analysis topic is an example of a long post that might be not for beginners, but would only actually make sense if it is detailed (similarities and differences), which would also make it long, but is necessary.

• Useful or interesting 3

Thank you for providing this advice. In fact, there are a lot of members who write long topics and because of this matter the members do not read the entire topic but feel bored because of this and for this reason we should always shorten the topics and provide basic ideas only.

7 hours ago, Maroua said:

I would suggest to start your research on Bitcoin at some point as this is a cryptocurrency forum and it does not have to do with what you like or not. There are technicals that need to be analyzed in depth, with various features and implementations. This is not twitter to just post how your day was. Try and understand this and try to start doing research as you are not a beginner now and you don't have immunity. 

7 hours ago, Maroua said:

You don't have to read them all. I am in the middle of making longer articles about subjects i know about just to educate people. They will most likely stay long because they contain a lot of information about complex stuff.

You have a right. This is a useful tip. We can only commit to spreading ideas you want to discuss in the whole topic. But if we compel us to the point of others, why do they make the subject long and which is difficult to focus on, that is to avoid not accepting the publication, if it does not meet the requirements, such that the publication includes at least 100 characters

Thank you for this advice 

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

I'd rather have one long helpful post than one hundred useless "Yes, I agree with you" messages!

Please respect the time that people take to communicate really valuable knowledge. And if it is (still) too complicated; study!

I really appreciate the posts that go deep into a subject, and contain real knowledge. We should have more of those.

14 minutes ago, pablomarwan said:

You have a right. This is a useful tip. We can only commit to spreading ideas you want to discuss in the whole topic. But if we compel us to the point of others, why do they make the subject long and which is difficult to focus on, that is to avoid not accepting the publication, if it does not meet the requirements, such that the publication includes at least 100 characters

Thank you for this advice 

Because, if they take the effort to write it, you can take the effort to learn from it?

Edited by johant123
  • Useful or interesting 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

9 hours ago, Maroua said:

Agree with you brother we should think about other who dont know English very well, me for example English it's my third language and i make a big effort to wright and understand other post 

I saw a lot of long posts too and i think they do a long post because they can't elaborate their answer in this forum because the language they're using is not their own language that's why they need to explain more to make their post understandable. 

I think you are wring with that mate, you can't contradict the members here in this forum if they are doing some long post because they are just doing some constructive posts. I hope you may understand.

Yes I have also noticed that there are those who likes posting long post topics and its a little bit hard for beginners to have a clear understanding or contribution on such therefore, let's try to shorten our topics whenever we post for easy understanding and contribution thanks.

14 hours ago, Maroua said:

So posts should be short? If this is the case, it's like answering the questions 'what' but omitting the questions 'why' and 'how'.

Some users have answered to your topic in a different way (I'll give out 'likes' to them) and I share their views about it. I'll also add that not only shorter posts omits some important information that would otherwise have been given only longer posts they provide, they are also, in a word, 'BORING'.

But you do have a point in cases where posts can be too long, if the whole construction is too ornery and you can only glean tiny tidbits of information out of it. But you should check it out first if it really is 'empty': if it is, you can actually at least mark it with the 'spam or bad post' reputation, if you have the guts to do it.

So all in all, my point is: whether a post should be long or short must be judged on a case-to-case basis. And the readers can be the final judges of that.

Edited by kyoukage01

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

Most people are getting it wrong here. It doesn't matter how long your post is, it is the message you are passing, some of the posts on this platform are long and meaningless so make it short and straight to the point, that's is the way to make it simple  

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

34 minutes ago, Raqeebzy said:

Most people are getting it wrong here. It doesn't matter how long your post is, it is the message you are passing, some of the posts on this platform are long and meaningless so make it short and straight to the point, that's is the way to make it simple  

So if for example I were to write a topic asking for instructions on how to effectively manage my account on Yobit (trading, wallets, everything), can you explain this in a "short and straight to the point" post as you say? Impossible, right? Because no matter how much you try to simplify your explanation on this topic, it will end up as a long post. If you still insist that it can be done in less than 100 characters or so, then dream on, unless you plan to write some garbage just to satisfy that 1000 sats per post payout most users are leeching out of this forum.

And there are plenty more of these kind of topics out there. If you can observe the replies given there, you'll find PLENTY of low quality garbage that doesn't actually help with the topic. This is where @johant123's post makes sense:

5 hours ago, johant123 said:

I'd rather have one long helpful post than one hundred useless "Yes, I agree with you" messages!

that currently only a woefully few can actually do.

Edited by kyoukage01

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

Correct, the coherence and consistency in the comments is more important than the length of it, since being direct and precise is better than long and incongruous, sometimes it happens and I have read many comments so they leave me thinking, what is this boy trying to say, but  Well, you will always find comments like this on these types of forums.

3 hours ago, Kapil Koirala said:

I don't agree it because sometimes it is required to make people understand. Sometimes somethings cannot be written in small words and in those situations we need to write long sentences so I hope everyone here takes their time to read and understand and then only comment about it.

I agree with this, we cannot say that ee need to be short our posts here, some members here are posting a long sentences here to share their knowledge about cryptocurrency and to be understand by other people what is this talks about.

19 hours ago, Maroua said:

I don't mind long posts as long as the content is good and interesting. The problem is with talking too much useless words just to fulfil the post words in order to earn that 1000 Satoshi.

I am really amazed (flabbergasted even) that people complain about long posts containing too much information, and taking too much time to read and comment on!

Especially since so many people here indicate that they are students; shouldn’t they welcome any opportunity to learn? And how complicated are even the more technical posts here, compared to the average university syllabus?

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

Yes i agree with you. We can make it short which is understandable. But people make long posts for getting reputation they try many things in single poat. Posting is free on this forum. Make short posts.

36 minutes ago, malik6314193 said:

Yes i agree with you. We can make it short which is understandable. But people make long posts for getting reputation they try many things in single poat. Posting is free on this forum. Make short posts.

Reputation is the last thing I care about!

I do not make any post long on purpose, and I am sure that the same applies for others who want to share knowledge. But what would you rather have? A long and detailed explanation on how to read charts, or interpret the meaning of moving averages? Or a port that is made as short as possible, which leaves you to guess many things?

There are people who post because they want to share, and who would probably like doing that even if they did not earn anything with it.

On 3/19/2020 at 3:12 PM, Maroua said:

for me the size of a topic/post doesn't matter. if you don't like long posts then don't read it and don't answer to them, since you are not forced to do that. so if users like to write good long post with a sense, then they should keep doing that

We do not require to make long posts always since many people require posts with easy words and small size so others can learn quickly from it.