What is hard fork? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BitcryptoHan

What is hard fork?

Can anyone tell me what hard forks are?Bitcoin cash, bitcoin SV, bitcoin gold and bitcoin diamond are hard forks of bitcoin. 

The term Hard Fork means "Bifurcation" and, in the specific case of Blockchain, a Fork generates a fork or division of it into two chains, one of which will be the original and the other the new.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

On 3/19/2020 at 11:24 AM, BitcryptoHan said:

Can anyone tell me what hard forks are?Bitcoin cash, bitcoin SV, bitcoin gold and bitcoin diamond are hard forks of bitcoin. 

Other members have explained this as I see. Let me give you an example : a hard fork of Bitcoin is Bitcoin Cash (BCH), which means the Bitcoin has given another coin and that's the hard fork in a simple example. 

Yes, most likely the cryptocurrency has bitcoin, it has the ability to split off and thus is called the hard fork of bitcoin. Coins that have the ability to chip can be called Bitcoin. 

I think a solid fork is bitcoin as well as bitcoin cash, but bitcoin is more solid because of its high price and the popularity it gets And I think it will always be like this

Previously I have no idea about hard fork, but now I read our forum members comments so I learn some new information, really this type topics gives some knowledge,bitcoin technology is blockchain so this technology gives another coin but this technology is cheap prices, so this made by blockchain but this is not bitcoin its a fork of bitcoin cash.

I’ m also don’t know what’s mean that is the first time i heard about this, so if someone know about this we need this information please.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:24 AM, BitcryptoHan said:

A hard fork means that the developers have created changes in the code and with the consensus of miners will implement them at a certain block. This block will be split into two blocks, one containing the new rules and the other one having the past rules.

Consensus means that the overwhelming majority of the parties involved, will accept the new rules and follow the block that contains them. Other miners that followed the old rules, will notice that they are not following consensus after a few blocks have been mined, and will have two options. Either switch to the main chain, which follows consensus and most of the miners, which would be the one that is valid for the coin, or they have the option to keep working for the old chain, with old rules, IF there are developers that are actually wanting to create a forked coin. This in general splits the old chain into two new ones that follow different rules, but have the same roots until the forked block.

Edited by BTC Future
  • Useful or interesting 1

I am not sure but am going to make sure that we can use it, we have to work and put together everything in the right ideas we have to work and put together a very good reserch so this is how it goes, when I do a research on google its bring in me all kind of music , its important for me to follow the same its what we are all known to believe it to mel so am not sure we all know of 

• Useful or interesting 1

I don’t know exactly what a hard fork is, but what I know is that it’s currencies related to Bitcoin like Bitcoin Cash and because Bitcoin is the basis of all cryptocurrencies and it is the most expensive and the most solid among the currencies, so the rest of the cryptocurrency depends on it. This is what I know about it

Hard fork is one of the blockchain tools that it works through and its mission is to end transactions and become invalid as well as hide them

THINK POSITIVE

On 3/19/2020 at 11:51 AM, Zaknov said:

A hard fork (or hardfork), as it relates to Blockchain technology, is a radical change to a network's protocol that makes previously invalid blocks and transactions valid, or vice-versa. A hard fork requires all nodes or users to upgrade to the latest version of the protocol software.

I didn't have much knowledge about this term hard fork in cryptocurrency but I think now I understand it after reading more of the comments available here thanks.

A “soft fork” is a software update that is compatible with earlier versions, in other words it's backward compatible. A “hard fork” is a software update that isn't backwards compatible, so any blocks coming after the activation of the software update will have to follow the new rules in order to be considered valid.

I mean, with a hard fork, blinds are divided into two parts. For example, the bitcoin coin is a solid fork and has a section and a related currency called bitcoin cash. Also, the etherium coin has a currency divided by it.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 3/19/2020 at 2:51 PM, Zaknov said:

A hard fork (or hardfork), as it relates to Blockchain technology, is a radical change to a network's protocol that makes previously invalid blocks and transactions valid, or vice-versa. A hard fork requires all nodes or users to upgrade to the latest version of the protocol software.

Thanks for sharing this useful information with us. I was unable to understand it but now i can understand. I appreciate your work. 

Hardfork is related to blockchain  technology  that makes invalid  blocks and transaction  valid. Forks are related  to the factthat different  parties  need to use comments rules to MintOn the history  of the blockchain. 

I am a beginner in cryptocurrency and I do not know much about it, but I think it is a set of reforms made on cryptocurrencies. I am not sure of my answer, so I will follow up on the other comments.

I want to thank the fellow members as i was not able to understand this topics but many members have shared the useful information regarding the topic.  I got to know about this hard fork technology and i am aware about this blockchain technology now.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:49 PM, BitcryptoHan said:

That for example bitcoin cash is an hard fork of bitcoin. Do you also know that there can be fork of fork like bitcoin cash. 

Bitcoin Cash is an example of an upgrade that miners didn't agree on, some miners agreed with the upgrade suggestion, most of them stayed in the old Bitcoin chain and result of that upgrade was a hard fork to 2 chains BCH and BTC instead of "upgrade" in BTC core.

Edited by rekter

Thanks for raising this topic. I was unaware that there is a word known as Bitcoin fork that exists. Before today i was not knowing that fork means the bitcoin cash. Today i learnt something new from this cryptotalk forum again.

This site is a very good site. I like your topic very much. I didn't know much about it. I have been getting all the updates about crypto here since you joined here. It's really helpful 

most of the time for example on yobit a fork means a new coin or token created from 2 different tokens, and you get an amount of the fork based on how much you had from those 2 tokens

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

On 3/19/2020 at 3:24 PM, BitcryptoHan said:

As I think about 'FORK' is a upgrade on the coin network. Maximum time we saw in hard fork coins split on different network. And that's how bitcoin cash, bitcoin sv, bitcoin gold and bitcoin diamond born.

Online Free  Master will help you to get all online income sites and methods. Show support to Online Free Master.
Visit site for more : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Download HD latest movies without ads from my channel directly : https://t.me/Movies_Bollywood_Hollywood_Tamil

The hard is the division of one coin into two processes, this is from a practical point of view, but in theory it is a change in the network protocol or blockchain, meaning a group of noodles meet and decide to put a new protocol other than the old protocol and the other section remains on the old protocol and here is what happens called Hard Fork .

2 hours ago, Rahul11 said:

As I think about 'FORK' is a upgrade on the coin network. Maximum time we saw in hard fork coins split on different network. And that's how bitcoin cash, bitcoin sv, bitcoin gold and bitcoin diamond born.

Thanks, I later know the meaning like few days to weeks ago, a new blockchain is generated form the main, the main is bitcoin blockchain that led to bitcoin cash blockchain. There are fork of forks, example is the bitcoin sv that is forked from bitcoin cash.