PoS or PoW? - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Bitxalt

PoS or PoW?

Between  two types of mining methods to earn coins or tokens, which do you prefer?
PoS or PoW?

I prefer PoS, because we don't have too much trouble with tools

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

both are good but i suggest to go with proof of work because you can resell the hardware but in pos you cannot get return the invest if the coin dump too much.

22 hours ago, Bitxalt said:

Between  two types of mining methods to earn coins or tokens, which do you prefer?
PoS or PoW?

both have their owns pros and cons...

on one side you can say that POS requires less investment and gives you quick and easy access to retrieve your money, but you can also say that on POS you are dependant on external factors to get your money back (buyers must still exist for the coin), on POW, if you mine a scam coin, you just need to accept the loss and move on to the next one, your main loss will be electric power. Also if you give up mining, you can sell your used hardware, on coins volatility is higher.

Besides, POS doesn't require the same level of investment and personal commitment of resources, so one could argue that their network doesn't hold so much value...

It can also be argued that it can turn into an oligarchy, with a few players holding most coins

POW also has the problem of 51% attacks and such, especially on small networks...

there are also hybrid systems using both

4 minutes ago, vlc39 said:

also, PoW requires you to spend real money "potency" by using your energy and paying the energy bills. PoS its just a bunch of coins stuck in the network, but who says this coin should have any value?

PoW gives the coin value because its expensive to mine it.

that is exactly what I meant, but you put it clearly 🙂

but nevertheless POS also has it's benefits, and there are other consensus mechanisms like hybrid ones and diferent systems like for example Xtrabytes proof-of-signature

Cryptography is still at the beginning of the evolution, who knows what will the consensus mechanisms evolve to...

very interesting times we live in

20 hours ago, kjames said:

both are good but i suggest to go with proof of work because you can resell the hardware but in pos you cannot get return the invest if the coin dump too much.

can be taken into consideration, but the price of hardware will also go down buddy

20 hours ago, hafmy said:

two types of mining POS OR POW the better is trading now the market is bigger and more investment from reconozid companies around the world you dont need to be an expert to trade, anybody can trade and you need just a so intelligent ans patience about grow and down bitcoin or other coins prices. 

you're right buddy, this is only for who dont want to take big risk, and you must know about it, the risk is very high when we trade, but reward is also high

23 minutes ago, dentolas said:

both have their owns pros and cons...

on one side you can say that POS requires less investment and gives you quick and easy access to retrieve your money, but you can also say that on POS you are dependant on external factors to get your money back (buyers must still exist for the coin), on POW, if you mine a scam coin, you just need to accept the loss and move on to the next one, your main loss will be electric power. Also if you give up mining, you can sell your used hardware, on coins volatility is higher.

Besides, POS doesn't require the same level of investment and personal commitment of resources, so one could argue that their network doesn't hold so much value...

It can also be argued that it can turn into an oligarchy, with a few players holding most coins

POW also has the problem of 51% attacks and such, especially on small networks...

there are also hybrid systems using both

this is very helpful as a reference, I don't know too deeply about the crypto, there are indeed all advantages and disadvantages,  thanks buddy

#ProphetInvestor

Of course POS. At the same time, income is much larger with not large equipment capacity. For example, for SHA 256 up to 20T / h. With more power, it is better to use POW

6 hours ago, Bitxalt said:

this is very helpful as a reference, I don't know too deeply about the crypto, there are indeed all advantages and disadvantages,  thanks buddy

no problem, if you have any doubt try me, I am not an expert, but who knows?, maybe I can help...

I love to help others where ever I can... people in crypto must unite and share to keep the scammers away

Hello everybody here, Im very happy read your opinion guys, but sorry if I cant tag one by one, so much informations that I can learn from all of you guys, thanks for respons about PoW or POS

#ProphetInvestor

On 10/16/2019 at 10:34 AM, Bitxalt said:

PoS or PoW?

Proof of stake's mechanism is way better than Proof of Work. Everybody can invest and participate without almost zero knowledge. Besides, PoW will not be a good approach because of tremendously increasing mining difficulties.

2 minutes ago, vlc39 said:

But PoS can be less secure than PoW because people with a lot of coins can control the network and do whatever they want. What if an early adopter or someone with lots of money get hold in a lot of coins?

PoW actually costs a lot of money in eletricity and equips to mine

There are other mechanisms to prevent those 51% attack in PoS. Block producing is not related to amount of coin as there are vote mechanisms. Also, most of the PoS coins are secure in separated escrow wallets etc. 

5 minutes ago, seriousguywithfunnypants said:

Proof of stake's mechanism is way better than Proof of Work. Everybody can invest and participate without almost zero knowledge. Besides, PoW will not be a good approach because of tremendously increasing mining difficulties.

4 minutes ago, vlc39 said:

But PoS can be less secure than PoW because people with a lot of coins can control the network and do whatever they want. What if an early adopter or someone with lots of money get hold in a lot of coins?

PoW actually costs a lot of money in eletricity and equips to mine

You have good answer guys, I agree with you, we can lnvest and earn coin with no knowledge, we just need wallet and balance. But actually pos less secure, so we must beware from scammer and pishing site.

#ProphetInvestor

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. With POW mining you have to pay for the electricity but you are much more flexible on what you mine from day to day. And when its all said and done, you still have the computer hardware to sell if the coins lose their value.

But with POS the energy costs are zero if you are using a VPS. I am starting to get into Masternode staking as an investment. If you get started on the right coin you can make a lot of money with very little monthly costs.

POS mining is beneficial because it causes miners to hold their coins rather than dump them on the market. This can cause the price to increase due to scarcity of the coin.

Get paid for video views and writing comments! DIY Tube Video Community

DIYT Coins - The Video Sharing Cryptocurrency

Run A Masternode - Huge ROI: Buy DIYT Coins

Masternode Mining Pool & Rentals - Get FREE Credit When You Join: HERE

On 16.10.2019 at 17:34, Bitxalt said:

PoS or PoW?

I prefer POW, but don’t let it go if your power is not big, but up to 20 Th POW will be more profitable. I noticed this with tests on different pools!

On 11/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, WayOut said:

I prefer POW, but don’t let it go if your power is not big, but up to 20 Th POW will be more profitable. I noticed this with tests on different pools!

hello buddy,I want to ask about your experience in mining, how much money to make mining tools with 20TH POW, and how much electricity you spend every day, I want to know more in detail

#ProphetInvestor

Both are good for mining and both are profitable to me but I think pow means proof of work is better for making  good profit. Pos saves on infrastructure costs.

PoS is where rich get richer poor get poorer. If you have no large investment then PoS isn't very good.
PoW pretty much anyone with a PC can use. I do however think that PoS is the future of mining, as it isn't power consuming like PoW.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:34 PM, Bitxalt said:

PoS or PoW?

Hello. Clearly I prefer the PoW algorithm because it is more profitable. However, someone who uses PoW mining would be silly if he did not do staking (PoS) at the same time.

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

10 hours ago, Sweaty said:

I suggest going with the proof because you can resell the hardware, but you can't get the investment back if the currency is dumped too much.

Hello. It is good advice indeed. I preferred to build a RIG rather than to buy an ASIC precisely for this reason.

1 hour ago, lala Balarukh said:

both are great but i propose to go with confirmation of work since you'll exchange the equipment but in pos you cannot get return the contribute on the off chance that the coin dump as well much.

This is also good advice.

2 days to profit -Here-

On 2/1/2020 at 5:25 PM, Pinky55 said:

According to me both are good and both have some problem like pow need more powerful machine and electricity but can give you a handsome income and pos is easy but the roi is low and some coin need lots of investment to set-up master node 

POS and masternodes are quite a bit similar but it's 2 differents things. In my opinion, if somebody have enough funds to buy POW hardware, he should allocate a percentage of his investment for POS.

2 days to profit -Here-

On 10/16/2019 at 4:34 PM, Bitxalt said:

PoS or PoW?

of course the best is the proof of stake, since you don't need anything, you just need a wallet to vote and that's all, you will receive you income.

for mining proof of work coins you need a good equipment and almost 0 fees on your electricity, and this is pretty hard to have

For me I prefer PoS like you but there are pros and cons to the POW or POS options but I prefer to use POS because it is better for me

THINK POSITIVE

I don't like POW and I don't like POS. I recognize and evaluate them equally. I know they have their own strengths and weaknesses. If I choose, I will choose according to their strengths.

@EndMix  I agree with you, Proof-of-Stake is more convenient but more limited too and less profitable. However, all newbies with investment should start it.

2 days to profit -Here-