Beware of malware software called ComboJack - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Jone20

Beware of malware software called ComboJack

ComboJack software designed for electronic theft, as it targets coins and digital wallets that modify the contents of memory, and replaces addresses in them with other addresses belonging to the authorities that developed them, enabling them to steal digital currencies and send them to their portfolio.

This method of theft depends on the victims' uncertainty of the address of the digital wallet to which the money is sent.

Therefore, you should always verify the address after pasting it in the place designated for the wallet address, preferably writing it manually.

Thanks for keeping us updated with this kind of informations, I always try to be careful from such things, by avoiding anything suspicious like new websites and some unknown emails, even sometimes you find yourself downloading something with your approval, so always try to choose the right browser for that, and ask before trying something new

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 2
  • +2 1

Thank you very much for your information I do not know the software but thanks to you I am already aware and I will know what to do in case you face it one day 

There are many applications and sites that work to steal money through access to it, therefore we must always avoid entering any site or download any untrustworthy application so that we do not lose and lose our money forever

• +1 2
  • +2 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Well, Thank you for the information. We all must be very careful before using any type of application or websites. There are alot of them unsafe. 

Thank you for sharing this advertisement here to keep many members here to be attentive from those scammers applications and websites robot who are created specially to steal people money.

• +1 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Thanks for updating us. We should really be wise and vigilant now. It is not safe dealing in online world,so being cautious in every sites we are dealing for is a must.

Oh i didn't hear about this before. But now i will also be careful. Thanks for sharing this one. I think there a lot ways to steel our money. Everyday there is new way to steel money for scammers 

• Useful or interesting 1

I have read about it in another topic. This is a scamming malware which changes or replaces just a few letters or numbers in the address you copy from your wallet. You don't need to type it manually, you just need to check the address you copy with the address you paste to send or receive money. You should check all letters one by one to see if they have changed or not. I have not come across this malware because my computer is well protected.

• +1 2

Sure we must be very carefully especially with those software which needs us to put our emails and password other used them to hack your wallet and final stole your assets its very important to be carefully

When sending from a cryptocurrency exchange, do you also need to enter the cryptocurrency address manually? I do not always do this and am a little worried about this. 

Thank you for your moderation. Yes, this type of virus is very prevalent on the Internet, and it mostly works in the background of a computer where the security system cannot detect it.

• +2 1

Good topic and new information need a heart as we know thanks for make is know about the program that make alot of trouble and if we fixed the address is it will stay change or that is just working with copy and paste ?

• -1 1

Hi, the first time I hear about this virus. It is very good that I do not use Apple's technology, especially in the IOS OC. In general, it’s best to just download several antiviruses, but it’s better to buy some Kaspersky and not one virus will not work for you.

• +3 1

On 3/16/2020 at 5:08 PM, Jone20 said:

ComboJack software designed for electronic theft, as it targets coins and digital wallets that modify the contents of memory, and replaces addresses in them with other addresses belonging to the authorities that developed them, enabling them to steal digital currencies and send them to their portfolio.

This method of theft depends on the victims' uncertainty of the address of the digital wallet to which the money is sent.

Therefore, you should always verify the address after pasting it in the place designated for the wallet address, preferably writing it manually.

Hi there I'm hearing about this type of software for the first time. Thank you for sharing this information and making us aware. I'll always double check my wallet address now. 

These programs pose a concern for everyone at work by spreading, in fact I have not been exposed to these programs before, but now I will be more careful, thank you very much my friend

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

You are right. I was subjected to this fraud before, as the addresses of my electronic portfolios were replaced by a wallet other, but it seems like my addresses. I discovered that when I copied the address of my wallet and pasted it in another place, I saw that I had copied another different address. And I realized that I had been hacked.

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, Lover840 said:

Hi there I'm hearing about this type of software for the first time. Thank you for sharing this information and making us aware. I'll always double check my wallet address now. 

Security is important, I have also heard a lot about how to take care of devices for crypto access so they are not easily hacked.

It is true that this information has passed with me and this program works to amend the contents of the memory and replace the addresses in it with other addresses belonging to the bodies that developed this program.

On 3/16/2020 at 1:38 PM, Jone20 said:

Wow I am glad I found this. I have already been stolen and scammed before and I don't want this to happen again. But how can we be infected with this ComboJack malware?

I have heard of such stuff long time ago rather than your topic's timestamp (this March).

But thank you for the heads up again as i had forgotten 😉

Anyway speaking of such malware... There are few antivirus (which i dont recall their names) that actually protect you from such virus already.

In the end and even if you have that antivirus on the go, just make sure you are tracking and pasting your address precisely. A better way to do that on your browser is to CTRL+F at both your exchange site and the tab you are going to use it so it can match it.

• +1 1

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

Yhanks for yhis very information as it will help alot in securing our crypto currencies, I these past days they have being alot of mining malware apps and add-ons everywhere. 

On 3/16/2020 at 12:38 PM, Jone20 said:

having a malware on your pc is always bad, but if this only change the address when you withdraw your coins then it is easily avoidable. i always check 2 times if the address is correct so i will never have problem with this kind of malware 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1

Combojack is one of the very dangerous Malware software ever created by the hackers.Please never trust to install this malware software on your PC. It dramatically changes the address of the destination wallet.Install antivirus software to prevent malware on your PC. 

"Combo Jack" follows a previous malicious code style that appeared during the past year under the name "CryptoShuffler", but what distinguishes the new "Combo Jack" software is its targeting of cryptocurrencies and ordinary unencrypted digital currencies, such as WebMoney and Yandex, while previous software only targets cryptocurrencies.

Edited by SuperCrypto