What is the purpose of Bitcoin Halving? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Bohana

What is the purpose of Bitcoin Halving?

Hello guys. What is the exact purpose of Bitcoin Halving? And why does it happen? What are the benefits of it?

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 4
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

Hello my friend, I suspect that the goal of the half is to compensate for lost bitcoin currency and prevent monetary inflation as well, meaning that a count is made of the traded quantities and compensation for lost due to some mining operations and thus control inflation

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Bitcoin having cuts down the supply of bitcoin, making the asset more scarce, so if the demand is there, the price likely will increase, like what happened in 2016 when we saw the last halving, and after 6 months from that halving, we saw the biggest price of bitcoin ever when he reached 20k dollars in that year 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 2

The halvening makes the coins be produced in less quanitty making each be worth more since there is more demand than supply being generated.

• +1 1

Frankly, Leith gave me a lot of idea about this issue, but I think that the half is the drop in currency prices to half of their price and stability for a period of time and then return to the price increase as it was

• +1 1

Bitcoin halving event is happening after every four years once and in this event special thing is that mining rate are decreasing significantly on each time when this happened only two events occurred before this year halving is on May 2020.

• +1 2

Half of bitcoin coin occurs every four years and bitcoin coin will witness half in mid-May 2020 and because of this matter mining quantities will decrease significantly and the first decline was in 2012

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think the purpose of Bitcoin halving is like a refresh! It is an automatic correction mechanism that limits the supply of bitcoins, thus affecting its price. In any business when demand  increases, the price increases, and when demand falls, the price falls.

• +1 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Halving bitcoin is important in halving rewards by half what it really is. Bitcoin halving will occur in the month of May 2020. 

• +1 1

I also want to know about that. Yesterday i searched too much about that on Google. But i didn't find any specific or valuable information. But hope here senior members will help to understand this. 

• +1 1

I don't know exactly about this subject. I will benefit from reading the comments that others place here. I would like to read all the responses. Sometimes I find very useful responses.

• +1 2

Bitcoin halving is an event whereby the amount of bitcoin that is being mined is cut in half and therefore there are less and less bitcoins that are introduced into the market on a daily basis as it becomes harder to mine. This increases the price of bitcoin, therefore accounting for the inflation of the market as well.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

On 3/14/2020 at 5:01 PM, Bohana said:

Hello guys. What is the exact purpose of Bitcoin Halving? And why does it happen? What are the benefits of it?

because bitcoin is a deflationary coins because it have a maximum supply cap. so every 4 years the block rewards are halved, so the reward will be less every 4 years until they reach 0.  just this and nothing more

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 3/14/2020 at 6:01 PM, Bohana said:

The purpose is scarcity. Bitcoin was created not only to become a medium of transactions, but also as a scarce asset with a fixed supply of maximum 21 million coins. 

The process of creation of new Bitcoins is by limiting inflation to half, every 210.000 blocks (roughly every 4 years).

So with the next halving the rewards for miners will be 6,25 new BTC. This might or might not lead to rise of price, depending on how many miners keep investing in new ASIC's (hardware used to produce Bitcoin by solving HASH256 cryptographic algorythms).

Halving main purpose is bitcoin mining count reduce to maintain bitcoin price high, because when bitcoin mining speed reduce then bitcoin production also increase, then bitcoin supply decrease bitcoin demand increase, so automatically bitcoin prices increase last halving in 2016 bitcoin hit 20000$ dollars in six months gap, now see how much bitcoin prices increase after halving.

• +1 1

Yes I have been able to understand bitcoin halving, the bitcoin halving is to make sure that we have to understand eveerything and we have to work as hard and put together everything in the right perspective we have to really be sure of everything we all know of. I think its a block reward and it works perfectly as we all know.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Specifically, the Bitcoin protocol cuts the bitcoin block reward in half. Every time a Bitcoin halving occurs, miners begin receiving 50% fewer BTC for verifying transactions.

• +1 2

I think that through them, they were able to increase the value of bitcoin, because everyone trusts the bitcoin currency in general.

• +1 1

That was a normal liquidation, orchestrated by the gigantic whales and companies that manipulate the Bitcoin market, this is what the merchants know, now it will be taking up the liquidation of the sellers.  It will help to know why this price.

• +1 1

Division occurs in all currencies that are in the blockchain, not just bitcoin, and it aims to reduce the profit resulting from the mining process and at the same time increase the difficulty of mining.

• +1 1

The goal of Bitcoin Halving is to preserve the currency as well as increase its price and protect it from inflation

• +1 1

THINK POSITIVE

The readon of bitcoin  halving  is  actually  decrease  the supply  of bitcoin.  If supply decrease  then definitely  price of btv will increase. Bitcoin  halving  is to control  it's price..

• +1 1

For me I think bitcoin halving is actually done to reduce the supplies of bitcoin and if actually at that time there is much demand on bitcoin then the price of bitcoin will increase , and at that time people who had actually invested will make profit.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 3/15/2020 at 12:01 AM, Bohana said:

You can benefit in bitcoin halving if you have fund to buy bitcoins. Bitcoin halving means that the price of bitcoin will decreased rapidly and you need to buy bitcoin so you can invest it until the price of bitcoin pump up again. If the price of bitcoin increased, you could gain huge amount of money from it. 

On 3/15/2020 at 7:00 AM, Migo said:

Bitcoin having cuts down the supply of bitcoin, making the asset more scarce, so if the demand is there, the price likely will increase, like what happened in 2016 when we saw the last halving, and after 6 months from that halving, we saw the biggest price of bitcoin ever when he reached 20k dollars in that year 

Thanks for the information. 

I didn't know that's the main reason for halving the bitcoin. 

But is it true it also use to reduce the demand for bitcoin and reducing the value of it in the market? 

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c