Myetherwallet safe - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Abood2017

Myetherwallet safe

MEW is one of the best way of keeping Ethereum and ETH tokens in safe. 

It is so hard to hack. But still you have to be carefull all the time when using ETH wallet and your private key.

• Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 3
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +4 3

11 hours ago, Abood2017 said:

Hello guys ...

How i can safe myetherwallet from haked very well ..

Any method , thanks 

The safety of your tokens depends on you.

These are the things you should avoid in order to use myetherwallet safely.
Always bookmark it.
And if you can't avoid opening myetherwallet, then you should take a good look at the website you are going to as it may be a phishing site.
Do not open emails related to your privatekey.

MEW wallet is safe, BUT watch out for fake and clone scam websites that imitate MyEtherWalet.
They only want to steal your private keys

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 4
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

58 minutes ago, Starpark said:

My advice do not open MEW on other devices and try to install Kaspersky antivirus on your laptop or PC. I have only used 1 MEW account until now it is still safe

Unfortunately, antivirus app sometimes can be not enough for us. Sometimes, that programs wouldn't be uptaded. And your wallet became vulnerable.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +2 1

1 hour ago, Caporetto said:

Create a MEW wallet on a computer thats not connected to internet.Download the offline version from their website

https://kb.myetherwallet.com/en/offline/using-mew-offline/

I have safest way of creating a wallet without internet connection. It is also so easy.

Just install Trust Wallet in your phone. Cut your internet connection and create a wallet, get your recovery keys and wallets information in it. Then, delete all Trust wallet app data from your mobile. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

The best method to keep safe is store the private keys in safe place and never log from the same PC that is used for browsing or mining. Never click any links that shows to pay by MEW or other wallets. 

Always keep loging from the myetherwallet page for acessing the funds. After logging in try to logout from MEW.

Always clean the PC or mobile with malware for removing any viruses that are affected.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • -1 1
  • +1 4
  • +3 2
  • +5 1

simply take care of your pc , if your pc get hacked so the wallet will hacked too , i prefer you use a nano ledger cause is more safer way 

• Useful or interesting 3
  • -1 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

15 hours ago, hexwin said:

MEW wallet is safe, BUT watch out for fake and clone scam websites that imitate MyEtherWalet.
They only want to steal your private keys

Yes there is great danger of phishing when using myetherwallet. There was big security breach not so long ago involving myetherwallet so it is good to be careful.

• +1 3
  • +2 3

You can add mew . this method is very hard. No hacker can able to hack this security . If you have big amount you can use mew security and normal amount is safe by ethereum private key. If you do not  share you private key none can hack you amount.

• +1 4
  • +2 1

Make sure you don't visit a phishing website, there are plenty of fake Myetherwallet Websites out there and I recommend never giving a private key to a friend or someone.
because they will easily access your wallet and you will lose crypto assets if you are not careful

more information pls visit https://etherscamdb.info/scams

• +1 3

Be sure to enter your wallet url in the address bar of browser. Keep your wallet private key in safe zone as it is need to login. Never tell anyone about your private key. Don't open any email regarding your private key. You have to guard your key as it is only a asset to open your wallet.

• +1 4
  • +2 1

[¶] I am working to educate street-childrens in my area. You can Donate for their educational materials: 

₿: 3JjY452XaoVfR6wFeZEp3htuj6TE3wq47z

ETH: 0x479eAf3d641819670526A001Fe667000d2F1b293

I like this wallet, it is quite simple and very convenient for me to use, there have never been any problems, but not everything depends on the wallet, but also on yourself. If you are serious about the security of your funds, then you are unlikely to have them then steal

• -1 1
  • +1 2

I just want to say a little about the security of myetherwallet wallet. Never log in using the Private key, it is very dangerous if someone finds out. And try to associate it with metamask to make it even safer.

• +1 4
  • +2 1

On 10/21/2019 at 10:56 AM, CryptoBry said:

I consider MEW to be very safe. But if you are not careful, there are a good deal of phishing scams all over the internet. That is why you need to be careful that you don't click and login to a fake MEW site otherwise your coins/tokens can be gone in minutes. Now, phishing is not the fault of MEW and any site can be phished. Please bookmark the real MEW site and only click the link of MEW from there. 

A few months ago there was hacking on many wallets because of a fake link using the name MEW. Before clicking or entering the private key, it's better to always check the web certificate in the top corner for our security, because there are many fake websites

• +1 3
  • +3 1

On 10/17/2019 at 5:20 PM, papahmuda said:

Actually I am one of the users of every Myetherwallet to date. MEW is not completely safe, depending on what method you are logged in. if it's not recommended, then don't log in through it.

Myetherwallet is very safe! it will depend on you on how you will take care of your wallet.

I am a user of the wallet and i never encountered any problem on it! you just need to make sure you are not sharing any information to anyone but your public address!

1 minute ago, papahmuda said:

You are right, Myetherwallet is completely safe "depends on how we take care of the wallet" Because if you have never done anything that makes our data, I'm sure MEW wallet is always safe to use.

etherwallet my be safe by the safety will be on you! there  is a lot of fraud and scam in the community but to safety your wallet it is all for you! to sake of it right!? but of corse! do you mind it? there is a lot of people here who wants  to be seen but they are not into security!

It is safe depending on how well you act on the internet. If you're the type of person you just randomly opens any link you see, especially on your inbox (e-mails), then you doomed. There are plenty of phishing sites that mimics MEW right now. You need to be extra careful when accessing it, always double check the link if it is indeed the official MEW or just a copycat. Best thing to do is to just create a wallet through MEW then import your wallet on Metamask and use it in transacting and dealing with smart contracts in the Ethereum network. 

• +1 3

3 minutes ago, bobXsingular said:

I'm having some troubles with MEW, once I login it doesn't load properly the token list, before I could see the whole list with a "loading" next to the name, now it only shows the last token.

You should manually add the token contract address or Download imToken app from Play Store and import your MyEtherWallet private key on it. 

• +1 3
  • +2 1

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

3 minutes ago, papahmuda said:

I must admit, indeed what we will do will affect our wallets going forward. Just an example of experience, I've actually made a fatal mistake that made me lose assets. As a result of conducting transactions on the FD exchange.

what is your biggest mistake in having myetherwallet in your life?

dont be shy coz i am here to help you! this MEW will give you the best wallet that you can ever have! i knew it! i will support it!

2 minutes ago, Nufele said:

Myetherwallet can saves your funds don't panic believe me I also save 70% of my funds there

do you have the guts or can you tell those 70 percent? this will be a big break which can be a big help to everyone of o=us! i am expecting a right thing on this and I hope htete will be right on everything! can you?

You need to install metamask extension in chrome browser and connect it with MEW, with this way you can have more security for your wallet, I believe this is the best way to protect your wallet 

• -2 1
  • +1 3
  • +2 1

In my opinion, never give your account key or password to anyone, then never open an account on the internet / public wifi

• -2 1
  • +1 3
  • +3 1