How i can know a scam ico please ? - ICO/IEO's - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Abood2017

How i can know a scam ico please ?

Before join any ICO see their roadmap,whitepaper.But nowadays many ico has been scam so suggest you abide buy ico ,invest your money good altcoin ,many altocoin price huge down.Before invest researche any token.

5 minutes ago, Abood2017 said:

How i can know a scam ico guys

What is your plan?
If you invest in an ICO you better look at who its founder is and what he or she has achieved with his carrier here in crypto currency.

Take a look at their project as it is a unique and beautiful concept, and find out if they have a working product that will actually be used by people.

To find out whether it is a Scam or not, always check the information, look at the information on the Internet, read reviews

Ico project and also they will have sale and discount for token.but we must carefully to see which ico is good. But yess if ico from big top exchanges  i will try to buy

2 hours ago, TheChinaBan said:

Don't go for ICO projects but invest with IEOs coming from top exchanges and make sure that you analyze the team behind the project they must all be real or genuine and must be experts on their respective fields. then look for the whitepaper and see it there is really a demand for the project otherwise don't waste your time on them. 

IEO is what some project are all into as for now, I think investing in IEO is much safer than ICO. When someone want to invest on any project you need to find more about there location and what they are offering 

It's better to onvest on alt coins. You will must get the return. Most of ICO tokens are scam. They said, they will be listed on bla bla date. Actually there is no guarantee of them to be listed in market cap. And after a certain period they run away.

• +1 1

[¶] If you like this post please tap on 💙 button.

[¶] I am working to educate street-childrens in my area. You can Donate for their educational materials: 

₿: 3JjY452XaoVfR6wFeZEp3htuj6TE3wq47z

ETH: 0x479eAf3d641819670526A001Fe667000d2F1b293

There is a simple guideline in our forum - sticky thread here- 

You must have check the team's authenticity, if they are legal or not and their whitepaper, whether they are bringing an attractive benefit to the community or just another copy crap projects etc. Never put your money depending on others rating sites. Always be yourself and analyze by yourself.

You have to do proper due diligence on the ICO you're looking at. What I do, is that I look if the ICO is licensed and conducted by a proper company, if it has a real team behind it, if it has an active GiHub or any development at all, and if the economics are in proper shape. There have to be some sort of lock-up period for founders to claim their tokens.

• +1 1

A good scam it's very hard to detect and it's impotant to know the team behind the new crypto project because the most reliable indicator of a new crypto coin’s success is the team behind the project. You are investing not only in their idea, but also their ability to execute and realize its potential.

Scammers often invent fake founders or lie about their team’s experience and bios. 

Do your own search, use social media to know the maximum about the team and their previous projects to verify their experience,

Will say you simply i don't want to give a brief point where it a huge process ?

Go to google -> Name of ICO + Review

Copy paste white paper -> Check is it copy pasted from somewhere or having grammatical error.

Copy paste team member photo -> Go to google image upload photo check did they take from anywhere give a research about it 🙂

1 hour ago, kaynewhite said:

Know the teams, read their whitepaper and roadmap carefully, know their products, joined their social media and keep watching them from it. They should be online everyday.

They can't be online every now and then, but I agree with you that social media presence is also needed to identify a significant and legitimate ICO/IEOs from the fake and scam ones.

It is a difficult question to answer accurately. But you always have to try to know about the project, analyze the acceptance in the media, example: see how many people are following on social networks, twitter, facebook, etc. There are projects that do not even have that, because they are so scam that they hide the most, and run away from unrealistic and meaningless offers. In the end, it is very difficult, because even analyzing everything and a little more, the project that looks good can be a scam bomb. Unfortunately, there are malicious people.

4 minutes ago, Makemoneybtc said:

Followers on social media doesn't mean absolutely anything. It is very easy and very cheap to buy fake followers online and you can get up to millions of them if you want. So never trust a project just because they have a lot of followers 

My friend, it was just one of the parts that I said we should take care of, of course followers do not mean anything, we have to take care of a number of things, but I always have a look to check the movement of the project on social networks .. understood now .

You should search in Google about the developers and CEO as they are the ones we need to find. A scam ICO comes like this,

The project is similarly to a failed project already.

The project owners say we make everything under roadmapThe project doesn't have a registration or a startup.

Although I've seen after all these things the projects became scams in the past.

39 minutes ago, Makemoneybtc said:

I understood what you wanted to say but you only talked about social media in your whole post like it would be the most important thing of a project. Of course you should look for social media pages to see how people interact with their project but that is just a small part of the analysis you have to make

In fact, I mentioned as an "example" social media. But I agree that this is not only what we should take into account, I myself analyze various aspects of the project to participate in any activity that involves it, but I do not usually invest in them, I find it very risky. But thanks manifestation .. it's always good to interact .. hug

6 hours ago, star11 said:

Carefully research the project before investing in it. Otherewise you will lose all your money if it turned out to be scam.

That's the reason i never invested in ICOs of any coin.I always invested in top 100 coins.Because they make up to their investment after some set backs.Tje profit in them is guranted.The scammera are smart  we have to careful from them.

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.6a90721f8f7c5e28b078271832fcd5d1.png

12 hours ago, Anonylz said:

Sometimes just checking the team behind the project doesn't seem to be enough because some team will display their profile with pictures of them yet that project will still turn out to be scam, only thing I can think of is check if the project has already existing product available that already working, just a little way to determine if project is genuine or not. 

Researching the team behind the project is the right step. A good project should be behind him there is a team that is competent in the field of blockchain or business that will be done. Without that capability, I think the project is a pump and dump project

It is very difficult to convert which coins are original or scam coins, but I will agree with you tips for optimizing scam coins or ICO scams.
The trick is to see:
-Team
-Roadmap
-Whitepaper
-Multi-Level Marketing

The first thing you need to do i check the project and the team behind the project first. If it's all good then join the telegram group check how active the investor on their telegram, if no active at all then it's better to not invest.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:07 PM, Abood2017 said:

How i can know a scam ico guys

I think nothing you can do to know a scam ico because that is impossible to get the right info about which ico that will be a scam. You will know that ico is a scam in the middle of the journey. They will delay many things include they will not saying anything to the investor and the participants. They will have a slow response to answer or give an announcement to the investor and participants. And the last thing that you will know is they are run away with the investor's money without telling you. So you need to be careful if you want to invest or join as the participants.

I think there are many people available in the market who are very expert so we need to take some suggestion about the ICO if we have no idea.

2 hours ago, Nafiu50 said:

To take advice is a good advice too buddy I always like to ask of things that I felt it no easy

To take advice form some one is is really a very good idea for us and in this way we need to findout a good investor and take some idea and knowledge.

• +1 1

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT