Finding bitcoin in old wallets - Page 9 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
jmigdlc99

Finding bitcoin in old wallets

3 hours ago, SuperCrypto said:

It is really a nice surprise, as if someone found some treasure. This is a gift from heaven and I hope something like that will happen to me and get a Bitcoin to solve my pending matters. Bitcoin has become as important as gold and regular money.

This may be surprising but finding bitcoin in any wallet is useless because no one can spend coins without having private keys and since hacking bitcoin wallets is almost impossible, there is no use in searching for lost bitcoin. Unfortunately, lots of bitcoins are lost everyday and these coins are wandering in network without anyone having access to them. This phenomenon will reduce bitcoin supply and add to its value and scarcity but it will ruin the efforts of miners.

• +3 1

On 14/10/2019 at 21:45, jmigdlc99 said:

Así que estaba limpiando mis borradores de correo electrónico esta mañana y encontré un correo electrónico con billeteras viejas y claves privadas (¡no son seguras, lo sé!) Pero luego, al revisar las billeteras, noté que algunas todavía tenían bitcoins por valor de 0.13 BTC. No es una gran cantidad, pero solo quería compartir lo feliz que se siente al encontrar repentinamente bitcoins de billeteras antiguas.

¿Has tenido alguna vez la misma experiencia?

congratulations bro. how lucky you were. Nothing like this has ever happened to me, but who knows if it might happen in the future? hahhaha hopefully and yes .. 🙂

• +4 1

I am happy that you found 0.13 btc in your wallet, this is wonderful and it is an amount that you can trade and invest in and make good profits, but you must have learned the lesson and that you keep the private keys in a safe place in order not to lose your money, for me it did not happen I had this before

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1

Are you talking about finding them by chance or having a wallet that you don't remember?

I think it has happened to many that one day they did it out of curiosity, they stored bitcoin and today they find it again.

Edited by CoinFree
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Well that is big miracle this may never happen to me i found one a litter satoshies in an old wallet but for you are very lucky my dear I wish that happens to me in future 

• +3 1

There are a lot of bitcoins that were lost in cold wallets and many were sent to addresses that do not exist, and thus retrieving them is not possible at present if no method is devised to retrieve them in the future In my opinion, these lost items are due primarily to human neglect.

• +1 2

Good for you, you can think of it as a long-term investment in something that is not perishable, sabotaged, or lost Many users have similar stories, but some unfortunately damage cold wallets by mistake or lose them due to a specific accident and these currencies cannot be compensated in any way or recovered

I don't have this experience as I wasn't a miner or an early investor. These are mostly bitcoins the Silk Road users find because you guys owned a hundred addresses and changing them constantly thinking this will make you anonymous. You forget some change in some of them and found them years later when the bitcoin price was about $1000 and now you are rich. Way to go, smoking pot helped you become rich.

I wish I had been lucky enough to find money in old wallets, I have read cases of people who had stored high amounts of BTC and those people practically became millionaires. Whoever originally made the post found a large amount of BTC, that's $ 1,500. 

On 10/15/2019 at 6:45 AM, jmigdlc99 said:

So i was cleaning my email drafts this morning and came upon an email with old wallets and private keys (not secure i know!) but then upon checking the wallets i noticed that some still had bitcoin amounting to 0.13BTC! It's not a huge amount but just wanted to share how happy it feels to suddenly find bitcoin from old wallets

Have you ever had the same experience?

Something comes from old beg of you its a lucky  strike for you. Where you got lucky and get good amount of btc, save them for future boom .which will give you good profit and can grow further. I also found some old coins but its only gives me few bucks. But I hodl them for future. Where today bucks can be hundreds. 

• +2 1

0.13 BTC are huge amount because that equals almost 2000$ and it would be quite pleasing if someone finds 2000$ in his old wallet. So you are quite lucky to get your lost money back.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

You weren't very carefull sending private keys in emails, early miners and investors are trying to make themselves look like perfect and godlike but they were just lucky and making horrible security mistakes, lucky twice as your email wasn't one of the millions hacked in 2015.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

I am sorry my dear I am part of the 99.999% that were not lucky to hit the lottery. I am not found Bitcoin to buy drugs from Silk Road and have them left in a wallet for years. This is you are lucky and maybe you were not a lot capable as others to make so much that you would not need to write in forums.

Edited by Mella
  • Useful or interesting 2

I don't find the usefulness in this post but I am happy that you found some small bitcoin amounts in your private keys, which you were careless enough to send with email perhaps to yourself but allowing access to someone that could have easily found them. Good for you that you didn't lose this small amount which is now more than $2000 and if you have millions of course you wouldn't mind.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

That will be grate to have bitcoin in old wallet which we have forgotten, maybe we left it when bitcoin price is low and now we can make huge money from it and can help us to have a capital to start trading or make investment. 

At that time, Bitcoin, if I'm not mistaken, was trading at $ 10,000, 0.13BTC is a good loot, something like a hidden treasure.

Returning to the topic, I have a similar experience but with ETH-based tokens, I thought I had lost them because the hard drive where I had my Wallet suddenly burned and I had no backups, however after a month a computer technician could repair, it could only recover some data, miraculously among that data was my Wallet and I recovered 0.70 ETH, this happened 5 months ago.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2

On 10/15/2019 at 4:45 AM, jmigdlc99 said:

but then upon checking the wallets i noticed that some still had bitcoin amounting to 0.13BTC!

So, 0.13BTC is back in the Bitcoin circulation. This takes a very small value back from the rest Bitcoin as it increases what we had as remaining. It was a pun made, but it is a fact that lost forever Bitcoins are increasing the value of the rest.

• +2 1

It can happen if you have too many wallets used through many years. Most people nowadays don't have as we weren't miners and not using Bitcoin as people did in 2012-2015 and perhaps since you found this much in your wallet you were an investor of this early.

• +3 1

It's the same feeling if you find little cash in old jeans that you haven't worn in a while.
Feeling cool and relentless.
I hope one day I find a little crypto in a forgotten wallet.

• +3 1

Someone was very lucky as this is more than $2000 today, although I have checked all my wallets for all the time I am in crypto and never leave behind any amount that is not very low, perhaps many people have done the same and dusting  their wallets can help them find missing pieces of their bitcoins.

• +2 1

Yes i also got a message from a website name dodecoin and that was a hack from that i have lost my 6000+ talk. So be careful about this brother because they sent some attractive message. And when we click on that link we automatically hacked.

My geek friend in 2014 said to me “Hey, bro, there’s a thing called mining, you should start do that” 

I had very powerful PC and in one month got around 3-4 BTC.. their price was so low that I even didn’t bother to sold them. I just forgot about this occasion 

Imagine my surprise when I checked BTC price in 2017 and then in 2018. Yeah, of course I long ago lost all passwords and private keys 🙂

On 10/15/2019 at 3:45 AM, jmigdlc99 said:

So i was cleaning my email drafts this morning and came upon an email with old wallets and private keys (not secure i know!) but then upon checking the wallets i noticed that some still had bitcoin amounting to 0.13BTC! It's not a huge amount but just wanted to share how happy it feels to suddenly find bitcoin from old wallets

Oh my God, that's really cool for you to review your wallet and find some satoshi in it. Really, it's good and great. I lost one of my governors and have not been able to get it back until today.

• +3 1

On 10/15/2019 at 6:45 AM, jmigdlc99 said:

Amazing it is really very a good thing. You are lucky I never experienced thus thing but I am happy for you and I never see my old wallets I think I will also can find some amount in it but it will very little so I never try this because it is useless my friend also get some amount like this and with that amount they give us a party so when I get this type of amount so I will also give party to my friends so I am happy at this position.

I have also been in that same situation as the OP.

Back at early years when Cryptocurrencies started emerging, i have joined several exchanges / online wallets just to see which one would fit my desires and objectives.

Once after few years i have noticed i had some wallets which i had some small investments that i had forgotten on specific alternative currencies.

Which by now worths way more than before and i am just grateful that i have found such addresses 😄

• +3 1

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/