Bad looks signature - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
funchy

Bad looks signature

I think biggest problem on this forum is signatures. Some forum members wearing interesting signatures. 

Some of them even added their signature a video. It doesn't look like good.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

After having a chat with @hexwin I thought they had removed video and images from signature but I think we both got it wrong. Op is right here. It really looks bad and we still see people are wearing videos and images which are extremely large and pain on the eyes.

May be it will be a good idea to put some restrictions.

Yes, we are aware of this problem and I think soon signatures will be limited

• Useful or interesting 1

Well the issue of signatures is something subjective, I think it is something that can be expected, when companies start to see more the level of the forum and come to look for services, it is something that can be fixed.

12 minutes ago, Desais said:

Yes, we are aware of this problem and I think soon signatures will be limited

Good to hear. Besides I think a lot of changes in different area are in the pipeline of-course.

9 minutes ago, Bills said:

it is something that can be fixed.

Building a culture in very important and sometimes it's okay to enforce to bring something good on the table. There are really some signature we see which are odd looking. 😊

22 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

After having a chat with @hexwin I thought they had removed video and images from signature but I think we both got it wrong. Op is right here. It really looks bad and we still see people are wearing videos and images which are extremely large and pain on the eyes.

May be it will be a good idea to put some restrictions.

I had image before, but after I saw  that is not allowed anymore in my profile I removed it
and to follow the rules.  I would not remove image totally, but limit size and remove videos and gifs,
animated images.

Signature has been incorporated on the design of this site by its developers to make our profile more personal. It is the only place where we can put our referral links. We can put anything deemed appropriate.

Maybe we have differing opinions regarding on this matter though I agree that it should be kept to a minimum so as not to distract us while browsing this site.

But I believe that sooner than we expect, we will see signature campaigns here. That's why the devs put it to get the feel of it.

Edited by BitTyro

I too got this in my eyes as the signature causing some problems. Some of them wore a large image and this even takes time to load from the server.

A signature should have limit characters with one small banner image.

What I could say is people might wearing because of no campaigns, but once it is started people choose to use that signature, anyway rules needed for signatures too.

I agree, this signature stuffing or video stuffing business leaves the forum too polluted. The purpose, I believe, of a forum is the clarity that we can read the ideas or discussions explained. The rest is pollution for the eyes.

46 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

I too got this in my eyes as the signature causing some problems.

woao!, 

Use this feature in the image...

(I think this is issues en the forum access mobile, no in desktop

ftalk.jpg

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

1 hour ago, alexisfuentes said:

woao!, 

Use this feature in the image...

(I think this is issues en the forum access mobile, no in desktop

ftalk.jpg

I am using Desktop version only as I can't able to type on mobile with high speed. It works even in Desktop version, but ignoring is not the best solution than change the rules.

I agree to ignore as of now since we can't force  someone to change their signature. Thanks for this info and first time to see ignoring for signatures.

very annoying when people use irregular signatures such as videos and large images, I saw some people using it some time ago, and I hope there are rules for using signatures.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

12 hours ago, funchy said:

I think biggest problem on this forum is signatures. Some forum members wearing interesting signatures. 

How many signatures I have put on ignore I can't remember but It was many. You should just ignore the signature you don't like. Also the news forum rules don't let you to put images in your signatures however the old signatures are not affected. You should report those signatures.

Edited by 1millionClub

1 minute ago, 1millionClub said:

How many signatures I have put on ignore I can't remember but It was many. You should just ignore the signature you don't like. Also the news forum rules don't let you to put images in your signatures however the old signatures are not affected. You should report those signatures.

really ? i didnt know that its possible to ignore a signature here but thanks for that info  . on many forums that i visited , you cant ignore the signature of the users but there is an ignore button to be able to fully ignore them ( you wont be seeing thier name and thier posts)  . 

good thing that the forum rules are updated and fix some older issue's   . we shall now expect a better environment  .  god bless and more powers to the team and to us forum user  .

5 minutes ago, chou_tamago said:

really ? i didnt know that its possible to ignore a signature here but thanks for that info  . on many forums that i visited , you cant ignore the signature of the users but there is an ignore button to be able to fully ignore them ( you wont be seeing thier name and thier posts)  . 

good thing that the forum rules are updated and fix some older issue's   . we shall now expect a better environment  .  god bless and more powers to the team and to us forum user  .

Yes you can ignore signatures just fine there is a x cross on the right upper side of the every signature. Click it and click on ignore. I'll show it to you with a screenshot:

t89TlyLV_o.png

There are many bad signatures which take my whole screen when I browse with my phone. I had to ignore them all. I have no problems with small text signatures though.

Edited by 1millionClub

yes i also saw too many bad looking signatures and they also irritate me, but i ignored,m they must be removed from the forum, only good signatures must be allowed in the forum in order to look more pretty.

Hard Worker 😎😎

20 minutes ago, 1millionClub said:

Yes you can ignore signatures just fine there is a x cross on the right upper side of the every signature. Click it and click on ignore. I'll show it to you with a screenshot:

t89TlyLV_o.png

There are many bad signatures which take my whole screen when I browse with my phone. I had to ignore them all. I have no problems with small text signatures though.

Thanks for this, i don't know about this before and never check it lol. It's a good option for people who don't want to see a signature for some users. Good job admin for that option.

It's just because currently there's just a free space on signature to add without any limitations but I think soon something would be implemented and it might be based on ranks.

it is good to hear that I can ignore some people's signature. some of them really disturbing. but still I think forum admins shouldn't let that signature.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:45 AM, funchy said:

as of now that the signature is not being limit yet, you have the option notto see them all of them or a certain signature of one user.

You will see an X on the upper right of that signature. just click that and you will have a free signature comments.

it's nice to have a signature but without putting a word or words about the purpose of the forum even a logo just why not video I do not think it's a good idea.

34 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

as of now that the signature is not being limit yet, you have the option notto see them all of them or a certain signature of one user.

You will see an X on the upper right of that signature. just click that and you will have a free signature comments.

the problem is here already. I don't want to ignore all signatures. but I have to with that rules.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:45 PM, funchy said:

I agree, bad or good signature is maybe a matter of taste, but indeed the signatures are ugly because are too big in comparison with the message user posted. A better balance between the two will do the trick imo.

1 hour ago, Kiddo said:

I agree, bad or good signature is maybe a matter of taste, but indeed the signatures are ugly because are too big in comparison with the message user posted. A better balance between the two will do the trick imo.

Well not all signature of course. If someone adds an embedded video or large image then it looks really ugly also too may lines of text with bunches of test looks a mess.

I like a signature which will have max three line deep or just like a leaderboard banner (728X90). The smaller one also looks good but not very large.

1 hour ago, funchy said:

the problem is here already. I don't want to ignore all signatures. but I have to with that rules.

I wasn't so happy about signatures too and the only thing I could do was ignore all of the signatures for now, at least every post looks very clean now