Do you have any Bad experience with any exchange? - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Do you have any Bad experience with any exchange?

Well personally I never head a bad experience with any of exchange but if I do the leaser search then I will say with Bitfinex I have had a bad experience but I will not blame them for this. After moving some of the token I figured this is not even the minimum required token for trading. So if I log in there then possibly I will see then there still but I do not bother much.

I have been with Poloniex, Bittrex, Bitfinex of course, exmo, gate.io, Livercoin and many more exchanges I can not remember much. But finally I figured I am regular with Kucoin and Binance.

Not sure comparing with you lot how is my experience or exploring numbers but I am sure people have different experience with different exchanges. May be we will talk about good experience in some other topic but in here I am really interested to know your worse or unpleasent experience that happened with you. May be we will be able to some lesson from your experience.

I have a terrible experience with Poloniex exchanger, I bought Bytecoin when it was low but due to the coin address issue they tied my coin down with them in there main address and it was the same time when the KYC issue came up, then the price of Bytecoin went very high which was the same time bitcoin was $20000/per btc 

And so after years Bytecoin become dump and after getting my coin the value of the coin is next to nothing.

All in all I know I'm partly to blame but still its painful that all said and done I withdraw all my holding from them... Smiling 😇

Moved to yobit and I'm not looking back at all. 

Join My The Family And we share 100% Wining Strategy and Referral Bonus earnings. 

Earn with WOWAPP today!!! 

I have no unpleasant experience with any exchange. I always tried to choose only known exchanges that do not endanger my investments. I learned a lot about crypto before investing and learned from the mistkes of others.

Back in 2014, I bought a large amount on an exchange that doesn't exist anymore, and I also don't know the name. Maybe I was to blame, I was new to crypto and didn't understand much about it at the time. 

I also used Bitfinex at the time it was hacked, but I don't blame them for it. In the end Bitfinex handled the losses in a decent way (it could be handled worse). 

yes i have , Novaexchange i think this was exchange name , i remember that i sent some  my coin from other wallet a close wallet in this exchange and then i never received my money 

I had some issues with long waiting time for withdrawal for several smaller exchanges,

for example CryptoBridge and they also added mandatory KYC, so I will not be using it again.

1 hour ago, phabulu said:

Yes, Negocie Coins Is a Brazillian crypto Exchange, and they suddenly stopped paying the withdrawal of users, I was using a lot, and I still have a few BTC in there, It's already more than 3 months since they are not paying anyone. 

I hope the amount is not bigger for you.

1 hour ago, phabulu said:

Deposits are still enabled there, in crypto and fiat, but no one can withdraw, recently the owner declared to the Tax authority that he has 25000 BTC! and the platform still not pay the withdraw to users.

That is a lot of BTC and I really am thinking there are no chance for them to come back after all the Tax office is after the owner.

1 hour ago, Awaremooner said:

I have a terrible experience with coinexchange and I am happy the exchange is closing down.

Do you have any coin left there or you were able to pull them up?

1 hour ago, james said:

i have very bad experience with graviex exchange they blown my 50$ of coin by delisting the coin without any notice. when i contact them they said they cannot do anything. then never traded on that 

Okay the name sounds familiar and if I am not wrong then with this exchange I sold my BTC2 coins for BTC. It was a very smooth trade for me by the way. 

1 hour ago, martmobi said:

And so after years Bytecoin become dump and after getting my coin the value of the coin is next to nothing.

2nd time heard the same story and this time from you. So polo has this habit then. Strange!

34 minutes ago, CrazyIvan said:

Back in 2014, I bought a large amount on an exchange that doesn't exist anymore, and I also don't know the name. Maybe I was to blame, I was new to crypto and didn't understand much about it at the time. 

There are a lot of exchanges from that time do not exist anymore. 

29 minutes ago, iloveyobit said:

yes i have , Novaexchange i think this was exchange name , i remember that i sent some  my coin from other wallet a close wallet in this exchange and then i never received my money 

That Novaexchange seems playing game with their clients. Aren't they asking for KYC now?

26 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

I had problems with Mtgox.

Ah mighty Mrgox. History.

2 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I hope the amount is not bigger for you.

That is a lot of BTC and I really am thinking there are no chance for them to come back after all the Tax office is after the owner.

Do you have any coin left there or you were able to pull them up?

Okay the name sounds familiar and if I am not wrong then with this exchange I sold my BTC2 coins for BTC. It was a very smooth trade for me by the way. 

2nd time heard the same story and this time from you. So polo has this habit then. Strange!

There are a lot of exchanges from that time do not exist anymore. 

That Novaexchange seems playing game with their clients. Aren't they asking for KYC now?

Ah mighty Mrgox. History.

hmm i dont know that brother because after the accident i've withdrawl all my found and runs away from  the  shitty exchange xd 

3 minutes ago, phabulu said:

Fortunately was around 100$, it is good money, but could lose more, that why I keep saying, Exchange is not a wallet, The funds are only safe in your wallet.

Good to know that the amount was not that large. 

Yeah of course - with some decent knowledge and experience in this industry one will never keep their coins in the exchanges unless they are trading with them which they should be okay if they lose them.

However I see there are a lot of users here saying that they feel secure having their coins in exchanges and in blockchain.com wallet LOL

1 minute ago, iloveyobit said:

hmm i dont know that brother because after the accident i've withdrawl all my found and runs away from  the  shitty exchange xd 

LOL

Well no one will hang up with a service after having a bad experience. You did the right that you thought is good for you.

Edited by xBDT Script

However I see there are a lot of users here saying that they feel secure having their coins in exchanges and in blockchain.com wallet LOL

Albeit not being completely safe, I think the big name exchanges are okayish. 

I always recommend friends to not store large amounts on an exchange. They are unfortunately not that much into crypto. They'd be better off buying a hardware wallet. 

I think you should only put the amount you want to trade on an exchange. Hacks, scams or government intervention can always happen.

5 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Good to know that the amount was not that large. 

Yeah of course - with some decent knowledge and experience in this industry one will never keep their coins in the exchanges unless they are trading with them which they should be okay if they lose them.

LOL

Well no one will hang up with a service after having a bad experience. You did the right that you thought is good for you.

I'm not the only one who complained about the exchange , many traders haved problems with them ,  a while after that i heard that the exchange is closing , i just  felt happy

Just now, CrazyIvan said:

Albeit not being completely safe, I think the big name exchanges are okayish.

Well it's not about the name or their reputation it's about that they can also get hacked and in this case with them you also lose you coins.  Check here: https://www.saturn.network/blog/list-of-documented-exchange-hacks/

Some of them were the biggest in their time. 

1 minute ago, CrazyIvan said:

I think you should only put the amount you want to trade on an exchange. Hacks, scams or government intervention can always happen

Absolutely right.

4 minutes ago, phabulu said:

One guy even complained to me when I said that to not use exchanges as the main wallet, he said that some exchanges are secure, and yes it's true, but someone can hack your account, or hack the exchange, and more.

I know, one guy did with me and he seemed angry when I said not to put the coins in blockchain.com wallet coz it's a hot wallet. LOL

The bad experience I had was the time I sent some tokens to an exchange account which I haven't used since months. Next thing I saw was that my account has been suspended. I contacted their support and they told me I need to undergo KYC process. Took them days before they could verify me and I happy I got my funds away from that exchange. I don't think of using them again. 

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

dont wait for bitcoin , because he wont wait for you next bullrun , buy altcoins that u plained to but with low quantities , do it in parts , so you dont have to wait for bitcoin to up because you already bought your altcoins .

2 minutes ago, Phash said:

I contacted their support and they told me I need to undergo KYC process. Took them days before they could verify me and I happy I got my funds away from that exchange. I don't think of using them again. 

Well that sucks but a happy ending always remove all the stress. I bet you never got back there?

1 minute ago, phabulu said:

I use the blockchain.com wallet only for small amounts, A lot of people already said me that is unsafe there.

Only keep the amount you can afford to lose. By the way, why don't you use Electrum client. You have full control over you wallet. You can adjust your fees and everything. You can even your a MultiSig wallet too.

3 minutes ago, iloveyobit said:

dont wait for bitcoin , because he wont wait for you next bullrun , buy altcoins that u plained to but with low quantities , do it in parts , so you dont have to wait for bitcoin to up because you already bought your altcoins .

May be you wanted to post it in somewhere else 😁 Mistake I guess.

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Well that sucks but a happy ending always remove all the stress. I bet you never got back there?

Only keep the amount you can afford to lose. By the way, why don't you use Electrum client. You have full control over you wallet. You can adjust your fees and everything. You can even your a MultiSig wallet too.

May be you wanted to post it in somewhere else 😁 Mistake I guess.

haha sorry my head hurt , dont blame me  xd sorry again

My worst experiece was not the worng address or what. i made a withdrawal before with Bitcoin at the same time also with etehreum just trying the speed of both coin. well the worst iwas ETH cam just before 10 minutes on the other wallet but BTC came more than 10 hours after the initial withdrawal!

2 minutes ago, pucukjaya said:

A bad experience happened with poloniex when I did a delayed withdrawal for a month, but I still like using pooniex

Seems like the numbers are larger for Poloniex. I understand why a lot of traders left them.

2 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

My worst experiece was not the worng address or what. i made a withdrawal before with Bitcoin at the same time also with etehreum just trying the speed of both coin. well the worst iwas ETH cam just before 10 minutes on the other wallet but BTC came more than 10 hours after the initial withdrawal!

Well at least you got your BTC in your wallet. This time delay really sucks.  What was the exchange name?

2 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

Left the exchange since then till I saw the notice the exchange is closing down. So I bought dogecoin with all I have left there and withdraw it to a wallet

That's standard, who wants to live with a broken business LOL

im the master of bad luck and experiences with exchanges, 2017 i bought 500$ btc and i was using poloniex then around june they asked me to withdrawal funds so i moved to bitrex and traded profitably for almost 2 months then my account got disabled for 6 months till feb 2018, withdrawaled my funds to binance and traded for about 4 months then they sent me notice to withdraw my funds so i moved to yobit (shoulda stayed) traded fine on yobit but i saw coins on cryptopia having a nice setup and readdy to pump so i transferred the majority of my funds there and in 2 weeks it was hacked, i should be hating crypto by now but eh im still here😔

Well at least you got your BTC in your wallet. This time delay really sucks.  What was the exchange name?

The exchange i was talking about is BIKI.COM.

I think those volumes there are probably mostly fake and just creation of the team listed  their tokens to keep updated and moving.

But if you will see on the orders list! they are not moving!

For me my bad experience is to have created a BTC portfolio without using me for more than two years because I had doubts yet at that time I had a good amount of money here sometimes nothing to do is already a bad experience!

15 minutes ago, duncun007 said:

im the master of bad luck and experiences with exchanges, 2017 i bought 500$ btc and i was using poloniex then around june they asked me to withdrawal funds so i moved to bitrex and traded profitably for almost 2 months then my account got disabled for 6 months till feb 2018, withdrawaled my funds to binance and traded for about 4 months then they sent me notice to withdraw my funds so i moved to yobit (shoulda stayed) traded fine on yobit but i saw coins on cryptopia having a nice setup and readdy to pump so i transferred the majority of my funds there and in 2 weeks it was hacked, i should be hating crypto by now but eh im still here😔

LOL I see you had a jumping story until the money were hacked 😄

Sorry for the luck but seriously?

Polo > Bittrex > Binance > Yobit > Cryptopia > hacked 😆

Sorry again. Feel really sorry for the lose mate. These coins were meant to go out of you hand, it seems.

14 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

The exchange i was talking about is BIKI.COM

Never heard of them before.

Good that you moved.

1 hour ago, martmobi said:

I have a terrible experience with Poloniex exchanger, I bought Bytecoin when it was low but due to the coin address issue they tied my coin down with them in there main address and it was the same time when the KYC issue came up, then the price of Bytecoin went very high which was the same time bitcoin was $20000/per btc 

All in all I know I'm partly to blame but still its painful that all said and done I withdraw all my holding from them... Smiling 😇

Moved to yobit and I'm not looking back at all. 

I have been with Poloniex for more than 5 years and I never had any issue with them. Your experience is a sad one and I learn some from it, I will never keep all my coin with an exchange platform.

My own terrible experience was not really terrible par say. Openledger got hacked and I lost over 250 EOS that I bought at some really cheap price on the same exchange before the Hype. Although after 5 months Openledger gave a refund, but it was in Bitshares which value was already falling.

I ditched using Openledger and only use the Bitshares interface after that experience.

That made me loose the chance of selling EOS at the all time high price of $22.

10 minutes ago, lucashunter said:

I have been with Poloniex for more than 5 years and I never had any issue with them. Your experience is a sad one and I learn some from it, I will never keep all my coin with an exchange platform.

I was also with them but for not long time. There are a lot of people who experienced issue with them and it was the same in most of the cases. @bitcoworld is an expert in this polo issue.

Lucky that you were saved.

11 minutes ago, lucashunter said:

Openledger got hacked and I lost over 250 EOS that I bought at some really cheap price on the same exchange before the Hype. Although after 5 months Openledger gave a refund, but it was in Bitshares which value was already falling.

Man! I feel stupid lol

Seriously, I do not know a lot of the exchanges. Never heard of it too.

By the way, sorry to hear you loss that was a lot of money at the ATH.

10 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Man! I feel stupid lol

Seriously, I do not know a lot of the exchanges. Never heard of it too.

By the way, sorry to hear you loss that was a lot of money at the ATH.

https://openledger.io is a decentralized exchange (DEX) that uses the Bitshares network to power the exchange. Anyone can use Bitshares DEX to create a DEX and have their own token and full control.

Though most people on the Bitshares telegram believes the hack was an insider hack from Openledger because it is hard to technically hack a DEX.

What happened was, the hacker hijacked the domain name of Openledger and upload his own scam page so when we the customers enter our private keys to our Bitshares wallet, we were giving the keys to the hacker who used it to empty the wallet.

If i had stayed on https://wallet.bitshares.org I wouldn't have been hacked.

I am an active Bitcoin trader so I know many trading exchange because of Arbitrage.