FBI and bitcoin - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
setifien

FBI and bitcoin

12 hours ago, Darkblue said:

On my guess FBI has more than 1m bitcoins. Only the 300k they got from silk Road well that was around 10 years ago if you think that whom they got busted on deepweb they hold btc. 

They have certainly raised more than 300k of bitcoin today since it has been almost ten years.

14 hours ago, Lakho786 said:

If this is true then soon bitcoin will be acepted whole world

Bitcoin is now widely accepted in other countries around the world.

Bitcoin is now widely accepted in other countries around the world. And it will surely be accepted around the world in the future

12 hours ago, Darkblue said:

On my guess FBI has more than 1m bitcoins. Only the 300k they got from silk Road well that was around 10 years ago if you think that whom they got busted on deepweb they hold btc. 

too many secrets there.  I don't know, I don't care too much about where and for what FBI gets and uses it.  I only see from the other side that, bitcoin is indeed a potential, until an institution like FBI chooses it.

15 hours ago, setifien said:

Hi everybody.

Look at this pic which shows the top 5 owners of BTC

Do you know that FBI owns thousands of bitcoins 

Do you know that Bulgaria has bitcoin stock with tens of thousands of bitcoins.

Do you think they are investing in crypto? Or they are holding it for the future??

spacer.png

the FBI own come from arrested fraudsters , remember the silk road heist, they took all the BTC on silk road wallet. for bulgaria they are smart to know they will need them in the future

I heard Bitcoin is banned in USA So how can FBI own bitcoin is this a biased governmental policies we've been talking about or i just heard it all wrong!

The stats is very old data, other than satoshi, Binance is leading and FBI don't have much bitcoin holding now since they auctioned these coins. 

On 10/18/2019 at 11:44 AM, teminalibug said:

I heard Bitcoin is banned in USA So how can FBI own bitcoin is this a biased governmental policies we've been talking about or i just heard it all wrong!

The initial raid was on Silk Road which was illegally selling drugs on darkweb. There are some more incidents where FBI got bitcoin though.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:30 PM, setifien said:

Hi everybody.

Look at this pic which shows the top 5 owners of BTC

Do you know that FBI owns thousands of bitcoins 

Do you know that Bulgaria has bitcoin stock with tens of thousands of bitcoins.

Do you think they are investing in crypto? Or they are holding it for the future??

spacer.png

Does bitfinex really have more than 250k bitcoins ? It is interesting though.And how do we know that fbi has a lot of bitcoins too? 

Just now, kellygross said:

Does bitfinex really have more than 250k bitcoins ? It is interesting though.And how do we know that fbi has a lot of bitcoins too? 

Bitfinex has now 76000 BTC on their cold wallet, this btc are not owned by them, these are public property, means  from their client.

You know blockchain is transparent and it's easy to track transaction. Since FBI has raided a lot of criminal and and seized their bitcoin, it's know to all of the world.

here is the current rich list of bitcoin- https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

1 minute ago, xBDT Script said:

Bitfinex has now 76000 BTC on their cold wallet, this btc are not owned by them, these are public property, means  from their client.

You know blockchain is transparent and it's easy to track transaction. Since FBI has raided a lot of criminal and and seized their bitcoin, it's know to all of the world.

here is the current rich list of bitcoin- https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

Wow it is so interesting though.What about binance and other exchanges ? How could they have less bitcoin from bitfinex? I will check the link.But i dont understand how people can say which wallet belongs to whom ? 

1 hour ago, kellygross said:

Wow it is so interesting though.What about binance and other exchanges ? How could they have less bitcoin from bitfinex? I will check the link.But i dont understand how people can say which wallet belongs to whom ? 

Bitfinex is not on the top now. It's Binance and some others exchanges are leading the board. Binance has more than 170000 BTC, you can check the list which I have shared. Bitfinex is in 7th position now.

1 hour ago, setifien said:

No it's not banned, then how do you explain the existence of several exchanges that are US-BASED.

Take a look at this link which shows where btc is permitted/prohibited

Oh!, thanks, I thought bitcoin is prohibited in the US. Now i see how smart USA is, facing the problem because the problem can not be solved with prohibition.

• Useful or interesting 1

It's very funny to see the FBI in the top by the number of bitcoins! Well, they are the same people-they also want to invest in cryptography. Probably they adhere to the holding, and wait for the right moment to sell

• +2 1

On 10/18/2019 at 6:44 AM, teminalibug said:

You heard wrong. It's not banned here in the U.S. and never will be. The U.S. government is probably the biggest holder of all, just many different addresses to hide it. Why you think they bash it and Trump talks bad about it? Because they want it all and don't want any of us to have it. If it was a bad thing, they would tell us to buy it up. 

2 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Bitfinex is not on the top now. It's Binance and some others exchanges are leading the board. Binance has more than 170000 BTC, you can check the list which I have shared. Bitfinex is in 7th position now.

But when you look at the picture it says bitfinex ? I think of course binance has more than bitfinex but then it is wromg picture ? By the way bitmex daily trading volume is more than binance then they hold more bitcoin ?

Just now, kellygross said:

But when you look at the picture it says bitfinex ? I think of course binance has more than bitfinex but then it is wromg picture ? By the way bitmex daily trading volume is more than binance then they hold more bitcoin ?

You may have missed my first post to the OP, the image is very old. Probably some 2 years ago. Binance is the top exchange right now and they are holding the most BTC on their cold wallet. Having much volume doesn't necesarily mean that they have much bitcoin although I don't know if Bitfinex is leading the volume now or not.

Just now, stucagac said:

I think if you had amount оf сoins, yоu won't put аll thе еggs will you

What did you mean by that, mate?

17 minutes ago, BitcoinCase said:

Bitcoin not banned i US

So i guess i heard it all wrong, I mean all this time almost a year believing that the US Government banned crypto and now you telling me i was misinformed all along!!

1 minute ago, teminalibug said:

So i guess i heard it all wrong, I mean all this time almost a year believing that the US Government banned crypto and now you telling me i was misinformed all along!!

On June 2018, US supreme curt announced bitcoin and other cryptocurrency will be regulated as commodities as per same law of security market. You must have to pay taxes as per the rules under US law.

Check this list to find out the list of country where BTC is legal- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

1 hour ago, BitcoinCase said:

You heard wrong. It's not banned here in the U.S. and never will be. The U.S. government is probably the biggest holder of all, just many different addresses to hide it. Why you think they bash it and Trump talks bad about it? Because they want it all and don't want any of us to have it. If it was a bad thing, they would tell us to buy it up. 

Indeed, a country cannot be poorer than people in every sense of this. That is, if in the USA people hold 20% of bitcoin - this is an example and not an exact figure, then the country should have more

• Useful or interesting 1

22 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

On June 2018, US supreme curt announced bitcoin and other cryptocurrency will be regulated as commodities as per same law of security market. You must have to pay taxes as per the rules under US law.

Huh!, I thought regulating Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency was not easy, so how about peer to peer transaction are they involved taxation as well

One thing is clear, everybody is getting ready for something... and it is natural that FBI holds a lot of captured BTC... maybe CIA also finances through BTC? who knows? the fact is that everyone is filling up, so this can only point one way: up... 🙂

• +1 1

I don't know why the FBI holds coin or investing, and I don't care as long as Satoshi is the biggest holder. I read from some news last year, that the FBI has bitcoin because of the results of the arrest of various criminal acts, I'm sure many people already know the issue criminals using cryptocurrnecy.

• +3 1

On 10/15/2019 at 12:18 PM, alther said:

I didn't know that was true, if it were true maybe they didn't want to miss a decent profit from bitcoin. so they not only check, but also play, and the funds can be used for their sophisticated needs as well.

Bitcoin is very much needed and they must believe that bitcoin is very useful and worthy of trusting in the benefits of bitcoin so that they not only check, but the benefits they make are also made to play, and funds can be used for their needs every day.

And I bet with the top 100 of that list you will not miss CIA, etc. Some governmental organizations are even holding secretly.

On 15/10/2019 at 00.14, setifien said:

Sudah diketahui bertahun-tahun yang lalu (sejak 2013) bahwa pemerintah AS memiliki kendali atas dompet bitcoin terbesar di dunia.

Anda dapat menemukan informasi lebih lanjut tentang masalah ini di tautan ini 

Means that the US government is currently in control of bitcoin which can monopolize the price?
This can be done for political and other interests. It is very natural that the biggest owner is the holder of control.