What if Bitcoin fails? - Page 3 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
joendegz

What if Bitcoin fails?

Well, if bitcoin will fail a lot of people around the world will lose quite a lot of money. Another crypto should take his place to do the bitcoins work.

• +2 1

Perhaps bitcoin will not take the place of modern money, but the blockchain system itself has prospects, naturally it is not perfect, but certainly not worse than what it is now.

• +2 1

pxf.jpg

It won't fail, at least not from one day to another. Can fall to historic levels? yes. But failing? I don't think so. Bitcoin allow users from one side to another of the world to exchange goods and services without the necessity of an international fiat (like american dollar) that is not easily available to some people. And people like the idea of not having any government or institution monitoring their money.

• +2 1

40 minutes ago, IrinaLavrinova said:

Perhaps bitcoin will not take the place of modern money, but the blockchain system itself has prospects, naturally it is not perfect, but certainly not worse than what it is now.

Yes. As of now, we have no capacity to make bitcoin as the primary payment system and its background has not been known to others. Maybe in the next hundred years, btc will replace this.

• +2 1

15 minutes ago, Great Commander said:

Yes. As of now, we have no capacity to make bitcoin as the primary payment system and its background has not been known to others. Maybe in the next hundred years, btc will replace this.

Well, when most crypto users have similar opinions, this suggests that Bitcoin will really live long and will make everyone who believes in it happy.

• +2 1

pxf.jpg

If bitcoin should fail the rest of the crypto coins will fail, bitcoin have 67 percent of the crypto market and bitcoin also have show to have control over how the prices on the market goes, if bitcoin price is high the rest of the coins price goes high.

• +2 1

On 10/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, joendegz said:

I have always asked myself this question, what if BTC fails ? its the largest Crypto by market capitalization about 67% of the entire coin market, whenever it goes up all the other coins follow and if it goes down all the coins follow. The entire market depends on it... so i would to ask the question what happens if it fails.

It will not fail since we already seen it for 10 long years when it existed.Maybe we experienced high votality range and bitcoin becomes $3000 on 2018 when bitcoin cash was born if i'm not mistaken, but it never came to $1000 even if there is high corrections that were happening.Now that different countries start adapting bitcoin theres no chance that this would fail.

• +2 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:32 PM, Richard said:

It will not fail, but if it fails, bid farewell to the world of cryptocurrencies because Bitcoin is the father of other currencies and if it fails, all cryptocurrencies will disappear.

I agree mate, bitcoin have a huge or high value cryptocurrency if bitcoin will fail, many people will disappointed because many people use this token to use in business and they can hold it and wait for a higher value.

• +2 1

Of course, if bitcoins find weaknesses and there will be a hacker attack that will reveal these places and somehow affect the blockchain of bitcoin then the negative consequences will not be avoided and the price will be negatively affected. Including this will affect the price of altcoins. Although there is one positive thing. Maybe then people will pay attention to other coins and we will have some new favorite

• +2 1

in your question “what if bitcoin fails?” i really don’t see that it will fail... i see that bitcoin is developing (good development) or progressing and it certainly has a potential to be successful... since in the present, there are a lot of bitcoin users all over the world really... it is an obvious sign that it is hardly to fail. it is widespread known and i believe that it can reach its maximum potential since a lot of people see the said ability in it.

• +2 1

I have always asked myself this question, what if BTC fails ? its the largest Crypto by market capitalization about 67% of the entire coin market, whenever it goes up all the other coins follow and if it goes down all the coins follow. The entire market depends on it... so i would to ask the question what happens if it fails.

If the price of bitcoin drops, it might effect the crypto currency trading market. And this will make people volatile and confused what they want to do with their coins. Of course altcoin will get an impact from the falling price of bitcoin.

• +2 1

On 10/14/2019 at 2:32 PM, Richard said:

It will not fail, but if it fails, bid farewell to the world of cryptocurrencies because Bitcoin is the father of other currencies and if it fails, all cryptocurrencies will disappear.

The cryptocurrency market is now a multi billion dollar market and a lot of huge investments and infrastructure have been built around it and it cannot be allowed to fail.  

• +3 1

Bitcoin will not fail. Bitcoin is a successful example of a P2P online payment system, and it turns out that the underlying technology can be applied to all industries. Any ordinary person in the world who understands the benefits of bitcoin technology (blockchain) will surely use it and follow the success offered by blockchain technology. Eventually, only fools and hypocrites will be left behind.

• +2 1

1 minute ago, john693 said:

It’s a complicated issue, but as I see it the most sure thing, for me, would be that I could go back to fiat. But if we assume that I want to stay in crypto world I would go with two alts. The first one is ltc and the second in monero. Ltc because is some years around meaning that has gain the people's trust, and has some features like as faster block confirmation time and is cheap, so would be widely accepted from people. However the anonymity, privacy and untraceablility of monero inspires me what a cryptocurrency must be. If we want censorship then why not use paypal and visa cards which are buyer friendly medium of payment?

I really doubt that if BTC fails then alts won't fail too, I think if BTC fails there will be no alts too that you can actually move to them

Answering your question is easy to response, since you asked it here, you should also specify the reason why bitcoin fails? because we cannot fail into one thing if we didn't made a mistakes.  Because if we are talking about the situation now, that's not possible, but if you really insist In my own view for their Ethereum will take place into bitcoin I am very much sure about that.

On 10/14/2019 at 12:09 PM, joendegz said:

It would be a good buying opportunity, what worries me most is what will happen when all bitcoins are undermined? Perhaps the price will sink to $ 0 and everyone who holding bitcoin will have nothing?

• +2 1

On 10/14/2019 at 8:09 AM, joendegz said:

There are thousands of projects that can easily get the Bitcoin's crown. However, Bitcoin is the first and the oldest blockchain we have. Unless Quantum Computers arrive Bitcoin won't fail. Don't worry.

I don't think bitcoin is going to fail but if we are speaking theoretically about this situation then this is how I see it. If bitcoin fails for whatever reason then someone will create another coin similar to it that's going to become the next bitcoin. So it will just be replaced with another coin 

What do you mean by fail? Is it when BTC lost its value due to some sort of... issue? If somehow Bitcoin fails according to your wordings then it would leave a strong negative impact in the entire coin market. Almost (if not all) the cryptocurrencies known are paired with BTC in the exchanges.

If bit coin is failed it will cause huge distrution on financial base.Many people now depends on Bitcoin now.Many smal and large countries economic will be effect .i.e America,canda ,germany,Russia,China will be in top if this incident occur.

I can't see a future in which bitcoin will fail but if it do I think lot of people will be very disappointed because bitcoin is an amazing technology and it impact on the world will be very great in the future when many country adopts it for use, failing will lead to alot of people losing their savings they have invested in crypto.

2 minutes ago, Trancuong7177 said:

Bitcoin has been around for more than 10 years. Therefore, I think very developed bitcoin cannot fail. It only fails when it trades and is exploited, otherwise there will be no failure.

Bitcoin has been around for a long time and it will not just fail, the bitcoin era has not even started yet the coin is still developing into a international currency and will find its place soon, bitcoin will be around for a long time.

13 hours ago, vachiphe said:

If Bitcoin fails? The question is good, but you have ask, fail. Fail fail as in go down to to what 1 or to achieve 100k $. In terms of achieving 100k time will tell, but it a fail, even if Bitcoin drops to $ 1, is. The price was less. Let's say its 1 cent, and if the purchase price drops to $1, it is 100 times the initial cost. How many people would invest if its guaranteed gain that is 100%, in money.

If it dropped to 1$ then the marketcap would be around 15 million...thats peanuts and not a lucrative market anymore plus no one will invest in something that lost so much value..

17 minutes ago, kiskat said:

Ethereum,litecoin and ripple are big contenders but any coin could make a big surprise like dogecoin and burstcoin and who knows a darkhorse coin could emerge like Burstcoin and Mrai all of these has a strong community support

If bitcoin should fail, I don't any of the other altcoins you've listed above will continue to exist, Ethereum, Litecoin and Ripple will all collapse if Bitcoin should fail.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:09 PM, joendegz said:

I like your question which questions about BTC failure.
I think bitcoin will not fail as long as many people use bitcoin because at least bitcoin is colored with failure because of the lack of enthusiasts on bitcoin but I am sure bitcoin will never experience failure as long as there are still many people who like bitcoin.
Everyone knows that all coins under bitcoin follow the price so if the price of bitcoin goes down it means that automatically the other prices go down as well and vice versa if the price of bitcoin goes up then the price of other coins also goes up because all coins depend on the rise and fall of bitcoin prices.