What's Your Strategy? - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
williamz902

What's Your Strategy?

I'm interested to find out what your trading strategy is. For example, when or how do you decide which coin to buy, when to buy it, how long to hold and when to sell? This question is specifically directed at day traders, not to people who hold for months and months. Have you been successful with your strategy?

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 4
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

I buy when closing the dip candle
I sell when the candle closes
I do this depending on the speed of the changes
Sometimes up to 30 times and make acceptable profits
And the amount of profits is due to the amount you have

• +1 1

Life is great and enjoy it

5 minutes ago, Thekingcallme said:

I buy when closing the dip candle
I sell when the candle closes
I do this depending on the speed of the changes
Sometimes up to 30 times and make acceptable profits
And the amount of profits is due to the amount you have

My strategy is similar to your strategy and I think it's effective and good
But sometimes money has to be divided into several parts

3 minutes ago, Zzoro6110 said:

My strategy is similar to your strategy and I think it's effective and good
But sometimes money has to be divided into several parts

Yes, that is required and there is a famous saying about that and I think the majority of traders know it
"Don't put all the eggs in one basket"

Life is great and enjoy it

Bitcoin is on the decline so either wait for it to go down further or buy now and wait for it to go up but the current may go against what you want

• +1 1
  • +3 2

THINK POSITIVE

simple , buy in red candle , sell in green , buy when other panic , sell them when they feal safe , and never panic , trade without your emotion and good luck 

I watch the % difference in highs and lows for a week or 2. If for example the daily difference is 8%, I pick around half of that, so 4% in this case. I only set limit orders to be not caught in emotions. I'm not sure if this is a good strategy, but sofar it worked out quite well. 

My strategy is so simple, buy low and sell high. Of course, I'm only doing this to the top 10 coins on the coinmarketcap because those coins are potentially to recover after the dump. 

• +4 1

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

My strategy in trading is not complicated I just wait for the big announcement of the coin then I buy and before the announcement happens I will sell my holdings that's it.

On 10/14/2019 at 2:21 AM, williamz902 said:

I'm interested to find out what your trading strategy is. For example, when or how do you decide which coin to buy, when to buy it, how long to hold and when to sell? This question is specifically directed at day traders, not to people who hold for months and months. Have you been successful with your strategy?

Day trading is very stressful, and I will suggest you to just trade not on daily basis.

For example, you have Bitcoin and price go up you sell some part of your investment and some part hold if price go more higher. If price go down (below price when you sell) you buy again more BTC, and repeat that till you make some profit. Or you can invest periodically, for example weekly or monthly and after some time you will see that you already make profit just because you buy periodically.

https://dcabtc.com/

This is one good site for that strategy (periodically).

• Useful or interesting 2

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

I am crypto trader and I invest on btc  and two other coins. for btc I try to hold for long term but for others coin I do daily basis trading, both are profitable to me.

I trade in a bot when the price rises, I sell for 10 dollars, when the price drops I buy 10 dollars, the difference in the price that remains in my account is my profit

• +1 1

My strategy is finding best coin where the price is cheap that time. First i will choose very careful what coin i want to invest, i research first from total daily volume, their project, like miner aspect and intrisic value of project. After that i make a list coin then find the lowest price coin via coinmarketcap or gecko. Find best exchanges to trading it.

Then I enter the market just buy it with price showed in the screen, i don't care that price can be down or up after that.

Put target profit and leave it. If don't get profit from it i just hold it long term.

• +2 1

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:02 PM, MinJax said:

I will answer your questions according to what I have done. First, I made some capital to invest in bitcoin. I then traded with other coins like ETH, LTC, XRP as they are increasing day by day. Wait until they reach a level that is high enough to convert back to bitcoin. I will sell a portion of bitcoin for dollars to serve daily expenses when it is profitable.

Maybe the question is how do you decide when is the right time to buy, for example xrp? if when selling it I think it's easier to just put a higher price than when buying. Time to buy has always been my main obstacle.

5 minutes ago, SCB1234 said:

I use a calculator to derive the minimum % I am willing to take as profit. I may be going for a higher number and the market is moving slowly, and I am concerned it will change direction before I clear my position, so I may accept smaller profit sooner to reduce risk. I always have an online calculator window open and ready to update data to get in and out quickly at profit.

Okay means you do it when the market tends to be stable seems yes. You are not waiting for the market to be fluctuating up and down. Do you do it repeatedly in 1 day or is it enough just once? or you have a specific target that you have planned.

My strategy is simple, I just start to buy altcoins when the price increasing and sell when I'm getting profit like 1% or 3% a day, but this is not always that I earn profit everyday, sometimes I lose.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

I am not a day trader because of it is full of stress. Long back I tried with Forex, but now I am trying with Crypto on different times not daily.

Day trading is too risky and it need a group of people so someone can active everyday without any stress to trade on Exchange.

Я предпочитаю две стратегии. А именно долгосрочное, так и краткосрочное инвестирование в криптовалюту. Это зависит от выбранной мною монеты. Для каждой своя стратегия и подход, а также индивидуальные анализы новостей.

1 hour ago, jore1 said:

me too and I find it makes a fairly stable profit every day I am considering when to buy and when to sell them to maximize profits.

Yeah finding the best opportunity to buy-in is one of the recipes in the success that is why only patient people are keep winning in trading. 

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

Keep using technical analysis, from what I know some do daily trading when looking at a red candle by buying when closing candles and selling when candles are closed. Ssome people also use fundamental analysis from several platforms. There are also traders who analyze the market especially when there is a buy wall or sell wall. My strategy depends on estimates to make a profit.

I follow Null strategy and sometimes i hedge in trading. At the very beginning i follow RSI and MACD but its not worked for me. Then i switched to scalping strategy. But i felt more uncomfortable. Then i decided to open long positions and open buy for long time with the set up of take profits functions. It requires patient but works fine.

I use news stories to get an idea of trends and what the market is thinking. I like to invest when people are afraid or bad events happen, and then wait for profit. I think taking advantage of world news not just related to crypto but what affects peoples investing psychology is important. For example soon people are concerned about taxes so they will look to create a deficit in crypto before taxes are due, and then reinvest after.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:21 PM, williamz902 said:

my strategy only pays attention to market movement when becoming the right short term trader strategy is to buy a good moment and sell at a good moment .

My strategy in trading only sees opportunities for BTC or Altcoin prices. Which is good. In a down market, I buy and sell it when it rises. For sure i am make choive of safer coins ( price of the coins ) 

• +2 1

Cryptocurrency can prove benefit or loss for traders. A man who was hold a bitcoin when it's price was 3500$. Now it's price is 7500$. It is great profit for trader. If a man holds a bitcoin at this time . Then it's price is downing day by day. It is great loss for trader.

• +1 1