Where to Keep Some of Your BTC - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Bnance10

Where to Keep Some of Your BTC

In the old days, just by keeping your BTC on some exchange, you can really earn some nice bonuses whenever it forked.

Anyone who earned a handsome free amount of BCH from their exchange will understand what I am talking about.

And then came some scamming deals!  I remeber after BCH, it was some sort of a would-be BTC fork called Segregated Witness (SegWit).  People were all excited and asked their own exchange if it would support that fork.  And the promoters of that would-be fork started to mislead the public about to which exchanges they should move their BTC.

In the end, that was it.  It was just a “would be” thing despites all the hype from the promoters.  The fork never happened.  The promises of those huge bonuses were never paid.

However, ever since that time, one special exchange has never stopped giving users free bonuses for keeping their BTC on its wallet.

And that special exchange is Yobit!

In recent days, YO tokens and SEX tokens (the name of one new) were given to BTC holders for free!  And they were by no mean small amounts of free money!  

So, instead of just buy btc and hope it will go up in price, try to use some of it on Yobit.  You can simply  use a portion of it to buy YO and hold both there and do nothing else.  At least a few times a year, you will be rewarded with free money for just keeping your money on Yobit.

All of what I’ve just said can be verified by a bunch of users, old and new, of this wonderful exchange called Yobit.

• Useful or interesting 13
  • +1 7
  • +2 6
  • +3 8
  • +4 2
  • +5 3

I hold very little bit of Bitcoin right now. I keep my coins on Myetherwallet, trustwallet and wallets on exchanges like: Binance, kucoin, Hotbit. As long as any wallet is secure, I can keep the coin in it

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 2
  • +2 4
  • +3 4
  • +4 1

2 minutes ago, Saoha said:

I hold very little bit of Bitcoin right now. I keep my coins on Myetherwallet, trustwallet and wallets on exchanges like: Binance, kucoin, Hotbit. As long as any wallet is secure, I can keep the coin in it

You can keep and withdraw your btc in paypal, it is safe.

• -3 1
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

If you own a decent amount of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies I recommend to store them on a hardware wallet like Trezor, Ledger or.... 
It is not secure to store them long term on an exchange.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

4 hours ago, Bnance10 said:

In the old days, just by keeping your BTC on some exchange, you can really earn some nice bonuses whenever it forked.

Anyone who earned a handsome free amount of BCH from their exchange will understand what I am talking about.

And then came some scamming deals!  I remeber after BCH, it was some sort of a would-be BTC fork called Segregated Witness (SegWit).  People were all excited and asked their own exchange if it would support that fork.  And the promoters of that would-be fork started to mislead the public about to which exchanges they should move their BTC.

In the end, that was it.  It was just a “would be” thing despites all the hype from the promoters.  The fork never happened.  The promises of those huge bonuses were never paid.

However, ever since that time, one special exchange has never stopped giving users free bonuses for keeping their BTC on its wallet.

And that special exchange is Yobit!

In recent days, YO tokens and SEX tokens (the name of one new) were given to BTC holders for free!  And they were by no mean small amounts of free money!  

So, instead of just buy btc and hope it will go up in price, try to use some of it on Yobit.  You can simply  use a portion of it to buy YO and hold both there and do nothing else.  At least a few times a year, you will be rewarded with free money for just keeping your money on Yobit.

All of what I’ve just said can be verified by a bunch of users, old and new, of this wonderful exchange called Yobit.

Waiting for small amount while holding a huge amount BTC you are not doing trading, as instead of holding it use the BTC for trading and make some profit form it.

• +3 2

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

1 minute ago, Khan said:

Waiting for small amount while holding a huge amount BTC you are not doing trading, as instead of holding it use the BTC for trading and make some profit form it.

You're right.  But there are a lot of investors who don't do a lot of trades, especially when it comes to Bitcoin.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

2 minutes ago, Khan said:

And how you can be assure that you can make profit from trading ? not everyone can get profit by trading as in every trade there is one winner and one loser, most of people are losing money because they trade while they dont have much experience

1 minute ago, phabulu said:

NO! exchange is not wallet. some exchanges can be hacked, or they can disappear with your BTC, they can close. 

Recently something like this happened in my country, one exchange that was giving interest, simply stop paying the withdraws, the owners disappear with more than 2500 BTC

Yobit would announce the fork days in advance.  Then you move you BTC there before the snap shot.  And after you get the bonus, you can withdraw your BTC. It's always allowed.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 2

Offline wallet will give you more security more than others online wallet. Online wallet always at risk and anytime gets attacked by the hackers or others essential issue are included this system so we're the user want safety that's why maximum ppl will advice you use off line wallet.

• +2 1

8 minutes ago, yupi84goro said:

First of all, I thank you for giving valuable information about the advantages of Yobit exchanges, it really helped me to get information. Next comes back to the question where to keep some of your BTC? I divide my BTC in 3 different exchanges for me to use trading, every profit I get from the trading results I drag to the local bank. Why do I divide in 3 exchanges for a reason security, if for example one exchanges are hacked. There are still 2 more exchanges, so I don't experience total loss at least.

Yeah, that's a great idea not to put all your money at one place.  Can you imagine if we put all of money on Cryptopia exchange months ago?

The best way to deal with losses is at times, we would have to be mentally prepared.  Ask yourself a question, what if my account or the exchange got hacked, how much can I afford to lose?  We all have a different levels for our tolerance.

• +3 1

I don't suggest anyone to keep high amount of money if exchanges, anyway they are online and there is always a way to hack online things, if you want to store big money the best option is hardware wallets, they are offline and very very safe

The best options is to keep bitcoin in hardware wallets and i advice to avoid online wallets because they could get hacked at ny moment .

as we all know exchanges aren't safe and online wallets are same as  an exchange . 

4 minutes ago, phabulu said:

It's no safe to keep your BTC in exchanges, I'm not saying that yobit is unsafe, with cryptocurrency you must be in control of your funds, and not third parties

yes i agree with you and   you are 100% right   it's not safe to keep bitcoin in exchanges or online wallets i love crypto because we can avoid  third parties

exchanges are safe till they got hacked .

• +4 1
  • +5 1

Keeping your assets in exchange can have its advantages, such as being able to trade anytime you want, as your token or currencies will already be in exchange, but never forget that if something happens with this exchange your entire portfolio will be lost. But we do know that large exchanges such as Binance, Yobit and others have many protection or even reimbursement mechanisms - a recent Binance case. But all care is little. Never forget then to enable all security settings. hug

• +3 1

4 hours ago, spyaquino said:

Keeping your assets in exchange can have its advantages, such as being able to trade anytime you want, as your token or currencies will already be in exchange, but never forget that if something happens with this exchange your entire portfolio will be lost. But we do know that large exchanges such as Binance, Yobit and others have many protection or even reimbursement mechanisms - a recent Binance case. But all care is little. Never forget then to enable all security settings. hug

yeah exactly, keeping high amounts of assets in exchanges is a big risk to your money, you should not keep that money for a long time in an exchange

Man! You are all experts here!  🙂

1. You’ve gotta have bitcoin to keep any on an exchange .

2. Who says anything about keeping it on the exchange?  It was in the old days... a long time ago when people still... have bitcoin 🙂

But exchange does want you to keep some asset on theirs if you want to earn interest.  Binance takes snapshots of your wallet every hour only to make sure you don’t deposit coins to earn interest and then withdraw them after you got it.  Like a hit and run kinda tactic.

But Yobit will let you bring your BTC and earn the forked coins (expensive high priced kinda coins: like YO and Sextoken).  And then you can withdraw once you got your free coins. Only Yobit, guys! Freedom of trade. No kyc.  No strict rules... very relaxing kind of exchange.

No i never keep or stored my bitcoins on exchange, especially for a long time, it's so risky if you do that because there are so many case that an exchange turn out into scam or bankrupt. If you want to stored some of your btc, then its better to use blockchain or electrum or offline wallet.

• +3 1

1 minute ago, dana33 said:

No i never keep or stored my bitcoins on exchange, especially for a long time, it's so risky if you do that because there are so many case that an exchange turn out into scam or bankrupt. If you want to stored some of your btc, then its better to use blockchain or electrum or offline wallet.

Yeah exactly, hardware wallets are a very good option too

I still see people that lost money because of the cryptopia exchange being hacked, exchanges are really worst place to store the money for a long time

8 hours ago, Mohs3n71 said:

And how you can be assure that you can make profit from trading ? not everyone can get profit by trading as in every trade there is one winner and one loser, most of people are losing money because they trade while they dont have much experience

I am sure because in trade your loosing chance is very low and you can handle it but in Crypto investment things are out of your hands.

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

12 hours ago, Parvez00022 said:

You can keep and withdraw your btc in paypal, it is safe.

I am using Paypal and I don't know Paypal can hold BTC. Does Paypal support other coins? Do you only use Paypal but not other crypto wallets? Anyway, thank you for this great suggestion.

4 hours ago, Mohs3n71 said:

Yeah exactly, hardware wallets are a very good option too

I still see people that lost money because of the cryptopia exchange being hacked, exchanges are really worst place to store the money for a long time

Yeah, cryptopia exchange is one of the reason why you should not stored your coins in exchange. Imagine if that happened to you and you lost all your coin on the exchange. So careful guys!

10 hours ago, spyaquino said:

that's on the point... keeping any assets on an exchange, no matter what exchange, is a huge risk, as you do not control the private keys and as such you don't own the money... a lot of external and internal issues might happen that will make you loose your money...

but if you want to do some trading, there is always a portion you need to risk being on an exchange

I hold just a bit of BTC and I use ZelCore wallet, which is a multi asset wallet, with a very high security level and in which you hold your keys.

• +1 1

i prefer keeping most of my coins in the wallet rather than in the exchange unless its a coin that is not supported by the wallets that i have

there bunch of wallet i always use nano ledger i is recommend to use it. and for storing coins use jack  hardware wallet you can store multiple coins there.

You can store a few of your bitcoins on hardwqre wallet like Ledger Nano S is one of the most popular hardware-shaped wallets on the market. And Trezor. Or you can save it in software wallet like electrum and coinbase.

But for me i save some bitcoin in exchange to trade it.