Need to Locate My One Transaction - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Bnance10

Need to Locate My One Transaction

Hi, all.

If I have the wallet address, is there any way to find out which exchange  that wallet address belongs to?

Here’s the address:

1HcxfkFHre7mvBKq36HCPiP2QB4dp3RyAn

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Bnance10 said:

Hi, all.

If I have the wallet address, is there any way to find out which exchange that wallet address belongs to?

Here's the address:

Thanks.

I don't know this but I believe people with much experience will come through and share more light to your question and by the way just curious, where did you copy the address from in the first place? 🤔🤔🤔

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

2 minutes ago, Nicecrypto said:

I don't know this but I believe people with much experience will come through and share more light to your question and by the way just curious, where did you copy the address from in the first place? 🤔🤔🤔

I made a transfer and the exchange stored my old addresses on file but I don’t know which exchange it belongs to

7 minutes ago, Bnance10 said:

I made a transfer and the exchange stored my old addresses on file but I don't know which exchange it belongs to

Ok I get you. I have save some wallet address in some exchange too but there is always a space to indicate the name of the exchange or wallet that holds that address. Hopefully someone can help you resolve this. 

2 minutes ago, Nicecrypto said:

Ok I get you. I have save some wallet address in some exchange too but there is always a space to indicate the name of the exchange or wallet that holds that address. Hopefully someone can help you resolve this. 

Yes, I put the names of exchange on ALL other ones except this one.  And Binance happened to use it because it’s on top of the list!

They have a recent update and and automatically use the top address on the list for my withraw... I was careless and didn’t look until after I confirmed by email.  Their support can’t help me either.  Problems is I used too many different exchanges in the past, some of which don’t email you to confirm the deposits.  And some, like Cryptopia is not even around anymore.

I made this transaction late at night.. was tired any carelessly.

27 minutes ago, Bnance10 said:

Hi, all.

If I have the wallet address, is there any way to find out which exchange  that wallet address belongs to?

Here’s the address:

Thanks.

And why did you decide that this address is the address of any s exchange? I think you can find out the cold wallet of any  exchange. On the Internet you can find this information. I know exactly that you can find the addresses of all known exchanges. It's no longer a secret

3 minutes ago, alther said:

I think we can't knowing wich exchange with wallet addres. But maybe you can check one by one of you remember where you had register in exchange before.

That’s what Binance told me to do.  In their little “smart ass” tone, they told to go thru my 25 exchanges to find it 🙂

4 minutes ago, corrao25 said:

And why did you decide that this address is the address of any s exchange? I think you can find out the cold wallet of any  exchange. On the Internet you can find this information. I know exactly that you can find the addresses of all known exchanges. It's no longer a secret

I don’t really. It could have been a digital wallet.  Which generates new address after each use.

I can’t understand why Binance would not be able to tell where it went.. it’s a bitcoin transaction on block explorer.

8 minutes ago, Bnance10 said:

That’s what Binance told me to do.  In their little “smart ass” tone, they told to go thru my 25 exchanges to find it 🙂

Right, I think this will be the best way to go cos I think it will be worth it right? So you have to take you time and check all the remaining exchange/wallets you still have running I we hope it is not for the like of cryptopia. 🙏

50 minutes ago, Bnance10 said:

Hi, all.

Here’s the address:

Thanks.

There are some websites that TAG wallets used by exchanges.

For example ethscan have this option for Ethereum transactions and I saw few of them do the same for Bitcoin, but I can't remember exact links now

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 1

Just now, Nicecrypto said:

Right, I think this will be the best way to go cos I think it will be worth it right? So you have to take you time and check all the remaining exchange/wallets you still have running I we hope it is not for the like of cryptopia. 🙏

I did for about 5 or 6 of them.  Some, like Huobi can’t even let me access my wallet because they no longer service users in the U.S.  i’ve tried.. But it’s not a large transaction by any mean.. So, I quit trying... 

1 minute ago, hexwin said:

For example ethscan have this option for Ethereum transactions and I saw few of them do the same for Bitcoin,

but I can't remember exact links now

Blockchain transactions are supposed to keep the destination somewhat private, right?  So, if it is the intention by design, then I’m glad it did the trick and will not cry about its effective function.  It was totally all my fault.

• Useful or interesting 1

4 minutes ago, Bnance10 said:

Blockchain transactions are supposed to keep the destination somewhat private, right?  So, if it is the intention by design, then I’m glad it did the trick and will not cry about its effective function.  It was totally all my fault.

It is total opposite from private.... as it is Open Public Ledger  and anyone can see transactions.

Some people started to tag wallets used from exchanges to track coin movements and pump/sump

5 minutes ago, hexwin said:

For example ethscan have this option for Ethereum transactions and I saw few of them do the same for Bitcoin, but I can't remember exact links now

Btw, I think an exchange can at least tell the address belongs to theirs or not.

One time I wrote support at BlockTrades about a transaction, they said “The address is not ours” 🙂

14 hours ago, Bnance10 said:

Hi, all.

Here’s the address:

Thanks.

at least say that this wallet address is for what coin, then we can look into the blockchain of that coin and we may find the exchange

no, there is no way to know that which exchange address this is, just you can find that it is either btc address, etherium address or ltc address, because they have separate address and different from each other.

Hard Worker 😎😎

8 hours ago, Mohs3n71 said:

at least say that this wallet address is for what coin, then we can look into the blockchain of that coin and we may find the exchange

It’s a btc deposit address.  If you don’t know how to find it by website that TAGged exchanges, then it’s ok.  

its not possible, however erc20 tokens wallets visible some exchange name with the rx id but i dont think it will happen with any coin.

On 10/13/2019 at 9:49 PM, Bnance10 said:

Hi, all.

Here’s the address:

Thanks.

I did a search and this is what I found.

Its seems like a bitcoin wallet, Please see if it is familiar to you. 

And these are the links,  https://btc.com/ 

og-logo.png

37 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

og-logo.png

Thank you. The only one on the list that looks like a suspect is Huobi. Which blocked me from accessing my own wallet.  They announced a few months back that they no longer service users in the U.S.  I will try to write them to see what can be done about it.

Thanks again,

B10

You’re amazing!  After I compared details of what Binance gave me and of the Huobi link on your search results, I now know for sure it was the Huobi btc address.  It was good to be certain about something, but it would not be a big deal if I can’t get that amount of money back.  And if I do, I will reward you with some percentage of it as a finders fee and as my Thank You!

Edited by Bnance10

12 hours ago, cryptokram said:

og-logo.png

Well, to my surprise, Huobi support said that was not their btc address!  I was almost all certain that it was when I first talked to them 🙂

False alarm on my part.

I believe you will have to check one by one, because by address it will be difficult to specify whether it is from a wallet or an exchange. Good luck in your search and hope you can recover or find.

2 hours ago, Bnance10 said:

Well, to my surprise, Huobi support said that was not their btc address!  I was almost all certain that it was when I first talked to them 🙂

False alarm on my part.

I'll do my best to find out who owns that address , but why are you looking for who owns this Bitcoin address?  

Edited by cryptokram

If the ethereum address seems to be traceable, but the address you mentioned seems to be a bitcoin address and I have never tracked a bitcoin address because it's quite difficult

Some sites online provide such service although they are not reliable, you can ask the exchange you k ow you worked with before

Before creating wallet address there's usually indication of particular exchange platform is coming from but in my little knowledge I think that's Bitcoin wallet address. 

I think it is not possible by seeing the address but I think you can easily find out it.  you may be registered maximum 20 exchanges. if your amount is high then why you are not searching on that 20 exchanges?