Can we consider not locking an active topic? - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Can we consider not locking an active topic?

Well locking a topic to prevent spamming is one thing and locking at topic where people are actively sharing their concern is another thing. If you do not allow us to talk freely then this is very rude. We were having a conversation and on a sudden @Desais locked the topic saying,

The topic is closed.
Soon I will create a main topic where I will talk in more detail about warning points and it is possible to specify.

At the expense of your request, I see you received a warring point for "post separately" messages consecutive from one person-prohibited

Link

Sorry here, I have to disagree again with you. I really do not understand your moderation policy and I am sure a lot of others will have the same issue. If we are having conversation in a topic then please do us a favor, Please do not lock it. Treat us as civilized. I am sorry this is very rude attitude.

If you need to express your explanation in a new topic then do it but you do not need to close an active topic. 

Edit:

By the way where is @epidemia seems like you backed off a little. May be you need to get active a bit. There were less question when you were active to be honest.

Edited by xBDT Script
  • Useful or interesting 2

Very good point. I noticed they locked my topic on "warning points" when I was mid way through replying to users comments. 

It stated "this topic is closed to replies" or something like that..

Seems like they dislike the subject.

It was a justified topic and other users had the same concerns as me, with being given warnings with no justification. 

4 minutes ago, papahmuda said:

What you feel, that is what I feel now. I want to reply to someone's post and suddenly the topic is locked for no reason. The topic should be locked if it is no longer active or violates the rules. We are still active here and talking, why should we close the topic without any reason.

I agree with the OP, but there are some other active topics that got locked which I think is the right call because someone asked a question and after the question was answered by multiple users, theres probably no need to keep the thread opened.

However, locking of thread should be done with caution and at OP's discretion  because sometimes the OP could have other questions under the same issue/topic, It's best to tell put a short notice at the OP's post (visible only to the) that if they've got the appropriate amount of replies/help regarding a thread they should endeavor to lock it.

3 minutes ago, Iwantapony said:

I checked the link you provided and read most of the posts. He didn't ask users to post there if they got a warning or not but most of the users were posting that they got a warning & blah blah. I think it was a good decision to lock that topic. And also if i created a topic i should have the authority to lock it or keep it open. It should not depend if the topic is active or no. I think from the thread creator view that topic was generating spams or was misleading people about rule. 

Can you stop posting nonsense? 

The topic creator was @Elton23 check

And this is what he said here:

22 minutes ago, Elton23 said:

Very good point. I noticed they locked my topic on "warning points" when I was mid way through replying to users comments. 

It stated "this topic is closed to replies" or something like that..

Seems like they dislike the subject.

It was a justified topic and other users had the same concerns as me, with being given warnings with no justification. 

And this means that the topic creator was not done as well. 

Please stop taking side of the one who has authority with the hope that you will get some favor or something I do not know. We are here working hard to build up a community which will be very fair for everyone.

I beg and warn you, do not need to create topics to discuss moderators actions, all the actions agreed and comply with the rules.
If you have any specific claims to moderators write them in private messages.
So I can understand the sole discussion moderators actions, but in the following days, it has gone beyond the limit.