How to secure your wallet , exchange wallet, local wallet and online wallets - Page 7 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
wasabiaki

How to secure your wallet , exchange wallet, local wallet and online wallets

On 10/9/2020 at 10:18 PM, liligah said:

For each of the accounts on any platform, the two 2F tools and verification by mail are a good option.
That is what I recommend, it is the ideal.
apart from the independent hardware wallet, the best

I also thought it was safe enough for my account, 
but I was hacked anyway, so I guess you can skip two-level authentication somehow? What do you think? Have you had a similar situation?

• +1 1

Make sure you have everything correct, install 2fa and do not click on anything anonymous to avoid spying, since it is best to have everything under protection and avoid spying or account hacking

Best option is to have stong password and 2FA set up in order to avaind any breach to your account from any unauthorized persons, but be very carefull with hot exchange wallets as they are holding the keys, thus your crpto is vulnerable there, hence after each trade move your funds to your protected personal wallet.

You can use google authenticator that is two-step verification. Google Authenticator is a software-based authenticator by Google that implements two-step verification services using the Time-based One-time Password Algorithm. Two-factor authentication works as an extra step in the process, a second security layer, that will re-confirm your identity. Its purpose is to make attackers' life harder and reduce fraud risks.

• +4 1

Excellent post colleague and thanks for the recommendation, these are tips that we must take into account to strengthen the security of our wallets, many of us do not know these tips.

To secure any wallet should save the private key or log in information to a very secured place. private key is the most secured key i think as in the wallet the all asset are store so it should be saved and should take back up of it.

Surely these are great ways to help protect yourself. What I do beyond that is that I use a PC purely for crypto purposes only. I don't open any kind of website on that computer for the most trusted crypto-related websites.

I recommend to usr 2FA or the Two-Factor security which adds safety level. For the local wallet, always assure that the keys are always kept safe

• +5 1

Your advice is good but like the other members suggest the 2FA is also an extra security layer for the user and it will help to recover the forgotten password.

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

Making use of two factor authentication will be good, and using pink and passwords on your devices. These two security should work well, but also we should only use our wallet device for donkey wallet purposes unless we are experts and know how to avoid hackers. 

Google 2factor Authenticator is great but theirs is these general problem with authenticators that aren't really nice, if you inadvertently delete a particular authentication, you risk loosing access to your wallets 

• +2 1

I do have problem whenever I use a Google 2FA The timing for change of pin is too fast, I rather just use the finger print scanner options that comes with some new school wallets. 

I am using trust wallet and its security system is always on and i have also all work and key for log in. Your post is just amazing because in  your post told us all security system and how to protect i am also following this steps.

Security is the most important factor that every trader looks for. So in case of exchange platform u can enable 2FA that prevents your account from being hacked... But in case of wallet the security no doubt is always promised by hardware wallets as no one can access them.

You can secure your online wallet by eanbling the 2factor security from the authenticator apps like Google Authenticators & Authy. You should also put your passwords stronger not your name or easy to guess passwords & don't install scam softwares.

I think you need to have 2F protection to protect your account. If you can confirm entry and withdrawal via mail. If you use MW or Wallet Cooler on a PC, you need to keep your personal keys, keystore files and seeds and keep this information in a notepad.

2 FA is best for security of wallet you can easily save your wallet from unauthorized access i suggest you use Two Factorization for security your wallet its provide high level security for safe you account no one can touch your account without your OTP and permission 

I manage bitcoin and don’t need it every day. I use paper graves to save coins. You can use it when needed. Another good option is a hardware wallet, but I’m afraid it will get worse. You can print as many bytes of paper as you want, reducing the risk of damaging the paper or losing parts.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:29 AM, wasabiaki said:

There are lots of ways to secure your wallets online and local ex. myetherwallet, local wallets, exchange 

In myetherwallet the no.1 thing you have to do is to make sure that the keys for the wallet are store and keep safe , make sure your putting your wallet erc20 not the keys when joining airdrops

Local wallets same thing secure and backup local wallet incase your pc breaks or damage, always keep in external or somewhere safe

Exchange wallets though not accepted in airdrops securing your exchange by putting lots of securities to make it safe, this is not recommended to keepnyour tokens but sometimes we have no choice, so always enable security features and remember also to backup the authenticator code

This are just some simple steps for securing wallets there are lots more in the web that you can try

Thank you mate for this useful post.I want to add some more things.You have to use unique passwords must.And note that on two or three secured places offline.Not on the device.And also private key,authenticator key these also should be kept offline in the secured places,more than one place.Always try to log out from your wallet after transaction.And keep changing password after a while.

There are lots of ways to secure your wallets online and local ex. myetherwallet, local wallets, exchange 

In myetherwallet the no.1 thing you have to do is to make sure that the keys for the wallet are store and keep safe , make sure your putting your wallet erc20 not the keys when joining airdrops

Local wallets same thing secure and backup local wallet incase your pc breaks or damage, always keep in external or somewhere safe

Exchange wallets though not accepted in airdrops securing your exchange by putting lots of securities to make it safe, this is not recommended to keepnyour tokens but sometimes we have no choice, so always enable security features and remember also to backup the authenticator code

This are just some simple steps for securing wallets there are lots more in the web that you can try

Thank you mate for this useful post.I want to add some more things.You have to use unique passwords must.And note that on two or three secured places offline.Not on the device.And also private key,authenticator key these also should be kept offline in the secured places,more than one place.Always try to log out from your wallet after transaction.And keep changing password after a while.

Thank you so much for giving this information. I am a beginner in the crypto world so I don't have much knowledge and experience about the crypto world and for this reason I am now increasing my knowledge about the crypto world from this forum. I find this post very useful and helpful for me because this post has increased my knowledge. This post is very important and valuable for every members of this forum. 

We can secure our wallets by following steps. 

1..Don't share your secrets about cryptoworld  on social media. 

2...Don't choose any course way for trading. 

3.Some platformes means exchanges said to us that if we use them they paid us more by this way we can loose our money. 

4....If you receive any mail in which they said that login your wallet by this mail and receive money don't follow it. 

5...Don't choose any fake link. 

The best strategy  for Secure any kind of wallet is that keep store your privet  key in secret place  as you mention ..  Not every time try to share your  any coin address  into public  place because  spammer  also able to hack your account just by trace your address..  Secondly  try to close the wallet after you use it.. 

If we use the wallets for keeping the Crypto currencies. Then we also want that what can we do to safe the wallet from the hackers. It is an simple and the most easy strategy just make the password strong and never keep the password at the storage places.