How to secure your wallet , exchange wallet, local wallet and online wallets - Page 5 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
wasabiaki

How to secure your wallet , exchange wallet, local wallet and online wallets

Securing oneself wallet is very important  in addition to that youvcan also use 2FA factor to authenticate your wallet no one can access it except you alone.

There are many ways to secure our crypto wallets or exchange accounts and one of them is by enabling the 2fa and using a strong password that's not used in any other site by doing so we will minimize chances of being hacked.

6 hours ago, Imran01234 said:

There are different types of wallets on the online platform.

Or, did you mean there are different online wallets? Because there are only three types which is not too big to be called and named. 

6 hours ago, Imran01234 said:

But I think it is safer to use local wallet.

@Imran01234 I have never heard local wallets before? Which wallet is this? Or, did you mean hardware wallets?

Security of your wallet is very important so take good care of it by creating strong password, by keeping your private keys offline, by using good antivirus software to avoid malware attacks and by not accessing unknown links.

Which wallet we use its not matter how much security provide our wallet its important its my opinion, because security is more important like store our keys in safe place, always use strong password  enable 2fa authenticator and don't forget the code store, because when we loss our devices then this codes help restore our account easily.

To begin with, you can't create simple passwords to log in to your wallet. Always use a variety of passwords that you don't use on other sites. Use double authentication. I would also personally advise you to keep money in several wallets.

First of all,never save the verification words and passwords on the Internet ,write them on a piece of paper,get yourself a diary,the main thing is that you never lose it,but the most reliable option is a secret wallet ,it will never be robbed ,as it will always be with you ))

On 10/13/2019 at 6:29 AM, wasabiaki said:

There are lots of ways to secure your wallets online and local ex. myetherwallet, local wallets, exchange 

In myetherwallet the no.1 thing you have to do is to make sure that the keys for the wallet are store and keep safe , make sure your putting your wallet erc20 not the keys when joining airdrops

Local wallets same thing secure and backup local wallet incase your pc breaks or damage, always keep in external or somewhere safe

Exchange wallets though not accepted in airdrops securing your exchange by putting lots of securities to make it safe, this is not recommended to keepnyour tokens but sometimes we have no choice, so always enable security features and remember also to backup the authenticator code

This are just some simple steps for securing wallets there are lots more in the web that you can try

Due to the fact that the subject of cryptocurrencies has interested me for some time, I already have experience and can comment on it. This is a short but good tutorial.
I've already tried all the wallets you describe.
Nice that you are writing from myetherwallet, this is one of my favourite cryptocurrency wallets.
I use it very often and can recommend it with a clear conscience.

If the stock exchange you are trading in is reliable, you can of course keep it in your stock exchange account. Other than that, cold wallets are very safe. When creating a wallet, keep the words given to you in a safe place and do not lose them. Remember that these words are critical to the security of your wallet.

nobody wants to lose their investment, so we have to be very careful.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:29 AM, wasabiaki said:

There are lots of ways to secure your wallets online and local ex. myetherwallet, local wallets, exchange 

In myetherwallet the no.1 thing you have to do is to make sure that the keys for the wallet are store and keep safe , make sure your putting your wallet erc20 not the keys when joining airdrops

Local wallets same thing secure and backup local wallet incase your pc breaks or damage, always keep in external or somewhere safe

Exchange wallets though not accepted in airdrops securing your exchange by putting lots of securities to make it safe, this is not recommended to keepnyour tokens but sometimes we have no choice, so always enable security features and remember also to backup the authenticator code

This are just some simple steps for securing wallets there are lots more in the web that you can try

Useful guide. On my own behalf, I do not advise you to store your cryptocurrency data on local storage. Nobody is insured and something can happen to this storage, for example, breakdown and the like. Other storage methods look more or less better. Thanks to the author

While picking an Exchange, assume localbitcoins.com, it is important to have all the most extreme security conceivable, on the grounds that programmers are at the smallest flaw to take, it is consistently important to have an extra help layer, the 2FA is excellent, just as Email watchmen, with regards to cash, security is better.

If you have an online wallet on an exchange or broker, you should use all security measures that the respective site offers. For many this is too annoying because logging in takes much longer. Paperwallets are also a great way to secure your coins, provided you've created them offline.

• Useful or interesting 1

Good information! Many people in nowadays don't  realizes that this options even exists and a higher percent of them are keeping their tokens in an exchange wallets without knowing about how dangerous that decision could be. Like others have said it's always recommended to enable the 2FA in as many wallets you can to ensure your security ^^.

Your words, sir, are beautiful, but they are not completely accurate. You speak as an experienced man who is bored by the many news that he knows all of for a long time and he hears it permanently, but you should not forget that the world of Crypto is a new and open world and there are hundreds of people who enter daily in this world and love to hear the old news as they like to hear new news. So in my view there is no problem writing information about Bitcoin or other old or new currencies. The problem is in the way the topic is written, it must be written well and in order to meet certain conditions in order for the topic to come out beautifully and interestingly

Wallets get stolen and lost all the time in the crypto world. It's a really common occurrence, but that shouldn't stop you from becoming part of the community. Just keep your passwords and keys in a safe place. I keep mine in..... I can't tell you that, but it is in a safe place. Find a safe or a deposit box at a bank would be a good place. You could even bury your passwords in the backyard. No one would ever find them there.

On 12/10/2019 at 23:29, wasabiaki said:

Hay muchas formas de proteger sus billeteras en línea y ex locales. myetherwallet, billeteras locales, intercambio 

En myetherwallet, lo primero que debe hacer es asegurarse de que las llaves de la billetera se almacenen y se mantengan a salvo, asegúrese de poner su billetera erc20, no las llaves al unirse a los airdrops.

Las billeteras locales son seguras y respaldan la billetera local en caso de que su computadora se rompa o se dañe, siempre manténgala en un lugar externo o seguro

Las carteras de intercambio, aunque no se aceptan en airdrops, aseguran su intercambio al poner muchos valores para que sea seguro, esto no se recomienda para mantener sus tokens, pero a veces no tenemos otra opción, por lo que siempre habilite las funciones de seguridad y recuerde también hacer una copia de seguridad del código del autenticador

Estos son solo algunos pasos sencillos para proteger las carteras; hay muchos más en la web que puede probar

The exchange wallets are the worst, in the same way the online wallets without a doubt the wallets where they give you the private key is the best. Clearly the private key is the only and best we need

For the security of your wallet you need to activate your two factor authorization.
There are many wallets, but you have to choose the best, you want and you must make sure of the passwords that you set.

You can use a paperwallet to secure your coins. If you need your coins use for example blockchain.com to do your transaction. After you do your transaction you sent your remaining coins to a new paperwallet to secure them offline.

I have always been in favor that as long as you do not have the private keys of your coins, those are not your coins, it applies to any entity that wants to help you keep your money.
That is why I do not advise saving money on exchanges no matter how popular and reliable they are.

The best measure to secure your coins is to use a cold wallet like Trezor or Ledger but they are expensive, as long as you can't afford one, you can use wallets like Exodus or TrustWallet, make sure to download them from their official web portals.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, gerry said:

I installed 2fa factor sothat im be sure is being safe my wallet..and becareful to click anonymous link because many phishing website now..they get your info

Two-factor authentication is one of the best ways to protect your account. It is worth spending your time and working for proper account protection. I didn't pay attention to it before, until I was robbed. Now I attach great importance to the issue of security.

• +3 1

thanks partner for the tutorial it will help me a lot because they had already hacked a few wallets with balance and I could never recover

i believe the actual protection of the accounts is determined by a person.. if you do not reveal information regarding your own accounts along with anybody your own accounts won't be hacked.. you won't inform anybody regarding your own accounts.. your accounts are going to be guarted